Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting your nuts?

Options
  • 23-02-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

Where is the cheapest place to buy raw nuts in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Aldi or Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Tesco have 200g bags of Unsalted Mixed Nuts for 1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Depends on what nut. Some asian supermarkets have kilo bags pretty cheap, some do broken cashews which can be cheaper than whole ones.

My tesco now have an "asian supermarket section" with brands you ordinarily only see in those places -I am not saying tesco did not have soy sauce etc before, but I don't recall seeing brands like East End, Lee Kum Kee etc in regular supermarkets before. THey are not that cheap now but may come down in price if they take off.

Baking sections can have them cheap. If nuts are salted and/or roasted its 23% vat, remove the sprinkle of salt and its zero rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

Ive come across a few nice looking recipes for pestos and dressings so im thinking of trying a few as well as nut butters and milks.
    so it would mainly be almonds,cashews, brazils and maybe some hazlenuts and walnuts. And ive come across a few with pistachios that look nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Asian store would be your best bet.
    Way cheaper than the regular supermarkets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement