Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx cost architect

Options
  • 23-02-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much approx would it cost for an architect to look at a house, access it and follow through to the end. Spec as follows
    2 bed house 850sq ft has one storey flat roof extension at back (bathroom and kitchen/dining) small parlour/sitting room ground floor. two bed/small shower room upstairs.
    I desperately need another room and storage. Attic to small to store stuff and taking to putting stuff out in the shed and squashing stuff in cases :( I am at a loss of how to go about making the house more roomy, light filled and house friendly for my elderly mother. Moving and buying a house isn't an option
    I am preferably thinking if I could get a 3rd bedroom by doing a second story extension our house though is on a corner bend so quite tight need to build up at the back as no room to the side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

Could be anywhere from €5,000 to €40,000.

If you require Planning permission, you will in turn need an Assigned & Design Certifier
    You might require a structural Engineer

A general rule of thumb is 10% of the building/construction costs will be needed for Professional fees

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Bracken81 wrote: »
    If you require Planning permission, you will in turn need an Assigned & Design Certifier
    not necessarily, only if it's over 40msq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I have a flat roof extension comprising of the downstairs bathroom and small kitchen/dining. I am trying to figure out if I would be able to do a second storey extension to get another room in. I dont think I cant extend outwards and sidewards there isnt enough space because we are on a narrow bend.
    Upstairs is just two bedrooms and a toilet/shower room. The attic is low we have no storage there as my husband can just just about stand up in it so a conversion is out.

Advertisement