Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does electrical instrumentation invovle

Options
  • 23-02-2015 3:41pm

do you need to be good with your hands as i am not, i would be average

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Depends, if you are thinking of going into the practical side like as an apprentice then yes, then you'd need to be handy. On the other hand if you are going in to the design sector then you need to be brainy rather than handy I suppose although it would still be a plus to have an appreciation of the practical element.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

do you need to be good with your hands as i am not, i would be average

That depends on what end of instrumentation you plan to get into. For design it would not be important at all.

For installation work (during construction) being good with your hands would be vital.

For commissioning and calibration of instrumentation being good with your hands is not that important. This would be considered by many as more technical work. In this scenario the instruments are already installed and connected.

Advertisement