Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you collect?

Options
  • 23-02-2015 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Interested in hearing about what other people collect....

I have collected various things in my life, such as key rings, Simpsons figures and now I have a small collection of guitars.

As I have got older and have a bit more disposable income, I tend to reflect on my youth and have a tendency now to collect things from when I was growing up in the early 80's. I have my eye on a Raleigh Chopper amongst others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Good German Rieslings.
    Books.
    Golf putters. The never ending saga of finding one I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I used to collect soaps, hairslides and necklaces when I was younger.

I don't really collect anything now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

The Dole

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭R.F.

heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Gig ticket stubs..have hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

I have 18 pairs of football boots. I always get them cheap. I bought three pairs of the top grade adidas F50's that were 190 down to 19 each.

I can't say no to a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Looking to start collecting thanks on AH, it's still a work in progress, apparently I'm just not witty enough

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

The testicles of fallen enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nazi scalps.

Disappointments.

ETA: And grudges!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Gig ticket stubs..have hundreds.

Do you display these or have them accessible somewhere? I tend to think that most people 'collect' things by putting them in a box and setting them to one side, not for viewing..... I know most of the things I have collected are now in 'storage' in the attic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Converse trainers, books

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I collect books, teapots, cups, and succulents/cacti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Cherries....

Giggidy.. Giggidy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Do you display these or have them accessible somewhere? I tend to think that most people 'collect' things by putting them in a box and setting them to one side, not for viewing..... I know most of the things I have collected are now in 'storage' in the attic

In a shoebox:pac: ..maybe some day will put them in frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭valoren

Watches.

Started with a digital, then a diver quartz. Then had to have an automatic, an automatic chronometer, a manual winding chronograph, the quest continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Shrunken heads.

Usually full sized when I get them. Mwah hah hah hah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I've thought about collecting Warhammer Fantasy stuff but always figured it'd be too expensive and I'd have nowhere to put them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Gym equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Crap that my wife and daughters leave lying around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Fluff in my bellybutton.

Where it comes from is anyone's guess, it's usually a different colour to whatever top I've worn that day.

Edit: just realised this makes it sound like I keep what I find in there, I don't, that'd be weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Cigarette lighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

I collect books and horror figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Souls.

Damn you, -Gets coat- :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Flibbles wrote: »
    Fluff in my bellybutton.

Where it comes from is anyone's guess, it's usually a different colour to whatever top I've worn that day.

Have some pointless Monday trivia:
    Navel lint appears to migrate upwards from underwear rather than downwards from shirts or tops. The migration process is the result of the frictional drag of body hair on underwear, which drags stray fibers up into the navel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Cigarette lighters.

I unwittingly collect other peoples cigarette lighters,anytime i have a night out I'll always find at least two lighters in my jeans the next morning. I have amassed a fairly extensive collection at this stage but there is no sentiment attatched to them,I'll happily dole out lighters to anyone who asks.It also makes me feel less guilty about my drunken thievery

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭R.F.

I unwittingly collect other peoples cigarette lighters,anytime i have a night out I'll always find at least two lighters in my jeans the next morning. I have amassed a fairly extensive collection at this stage but there is no sentiment attatched to them,I'll happily dole out lighters to anyone who asks.It also makes me feel less guilty about my drunken thievery

:mad:

Yes I know lots of people like you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

nullzero wrote: »
    Looking to start collecting thanks on AH, it's still a work in progress, apparently I'm just not witty enough

I like how no-one has thanked nullzero for this post...

Advertisement