Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards GS - 21 March - Naas Golf Club

• 23-02-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭

And we're off and running. Next up is a return for the Society to Naas. It's been a few years since we were here, and by all accounts it was a very popular choice first time around, so I'm sure it won't disappoint next month.

sl-1_640_300.jpg

Tee is booked from 11am. We will run a timesheet again, so get your requests in early for time preference and playing partners

Who is going to dunk the biscuit :)

Teamer announcements just sent out there so reply early please, even if it's a no thanks

Club Website Here

Directions Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

accepted already :) really looking forward to playing with the society again. espically in a place with trees and more shallow bunkers :) would rather an early ish tee time but easy enough !

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Can't make this outing SeveOB, have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Accepted there. Ideally I'd like an early start, but can work around a late one.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Just accepted there myself, 16 confirmed already! just wondering what time do we have the tee until, depending on the time, a later slot may suit me but probably should be flexible. Really looking forward to this one as I was a member in Naas for my teenage years, lots of summer days spent on those fairways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Can't play, but have a great day. Naas is a course I've always wanted to play, so I'm raging to miss it. Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Accepted there - looking forward to it.

I'll play a little earlier - but no big deal.

PARlance has this in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Rikand wrote: »
    Can't play, but have a great day. Naas is a course I've always wanted to play, so I'm raging to miss it. Enjoy :D

Are you playing in the work society that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 titlebearer

Cant make this one guys. My own stags is that weekend. Best of luck to everybody playing.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I'll make it one way or another. Anytime suits but if I'm giving/getting a lift it would handy to arrive with playing partner. bring on the trees and soft greens :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Accepted. Early time would be a preference, but can be flexible if required Seve.

Never played Naas but have only heard positives about the place.

Aiming for another top 5 to consolidate the leader board position early as will miss a minimum of one of the summer outings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Macker1

Smashing course and one that everyone should enjoy playing. Hopefully we get some nice weather to enjoy it even more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great course, you will not be disappointed, got a lovely curry in the clubhouse. My stand out memory was massive bunkers and all in excellent condition, I remember thinking it must take huge effort to maintain them and if they could be magically transported to The Heritage what a course that would truly be...

Some random images...

Some par 4 around the turn, green back up fairway
    30kaszt.jpg

A long sweeping par 5 on the back 9, from the tee
    r9k38k.jpg

Par 3 you don't want to miss right towards end of round, taken from 'safe' left of greenside
    jh3r6d.jpg

A great course - I seem to go on as if every course is hard.

But - isn't the easiest out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Accepted there. Looking forward to it. Good course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A great course - I seem to go on as if every course is hard.

But - isn't the easiest out there ?

Tough course, deffo, I thought so anyhow, low handicapper with Nass as the home course is indeed a good golfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Are you playing in the work society that day?

Nope. Going on a stag instead! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Accepted there - looking forward to it.

I'll play a little earlier - but no big deal.

PARlance has this in the bag.

Going to watch the Oscars to see if I can get some inspiration for my speech :D

I didn't see you multiquoting me when I said I was good for an e/w bet in Portmarnock btw ;)

The draw has been kind to me, Portmarnock, Naas and the Curragh are all courses that I love playing and seem to do alright on. If I'm not in contention for a Jug spot after them then it's curtains.

28 signed up on Teamer already, some response so far.

It's a deceptively tricky track imo, not many of the holes look intimidating from the tee but you can find yourself trying to scramble for a point if you're slightly offline... you don't even have to be in trouble, just being on the wrong side of the fairway will result in a struggle sometimes... Especially the stretch of holes from 4-8.... They look tame enough, but if your even just slightly off the wrong side of the fairway on them then you could be easily blocked off from having an approach.

Better not give too much away :p but it's the type of course that you can feel you played well on and the card mightn't agree.

Rikand will tell you not to heed my advice anyway after I told him that he would "easily clear" a bunker in Portmarnock... His (perfectly struck) drive must of ran 30 yards before it decided to jump into it..... Oooops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

looking forward to it. prefer early if possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Early Tee For me please , myself ,Niall Dunlop and Holeinone and are off out after so if we could get out together or in about the same time slots that would be great !

Just the 32 accepted so far , could be another cracking turn out !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Am easy on time for this one hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Hope to go myself as well, love this course. Have always played well on it too. Won't know until closer to the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

very impressed with the numbers confirmed so far. We are going to be booking full days soon enough if this rate of growth continues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Wont make this(second time missing Naas outing :( ) but will be back with a bang in Tullamore..

Enjoy it lads and lady. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Might be available for this one, will know for sure nearer the date. Put me down provisionally

Can someone post the Teamer link, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Seve OB wrote: »
    very impressed with the numbers confirmed so far. We are going to be booking full days soon enough if this rate of growth continues!

Don't usually accept so soon, as like to see how my schedule is shaping up but with over 30 confirmed within hours, I thought I better get my finger out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lads, would it be possible for myself to join up with the society?

Now, I don't want to take the place of anyone who has played in the society this year as I'd feel bad with just joining. But I'm sure you have a few low handicappers who need some new competition!!

I have missed out big time and it's been great to see how it has grown from all those years ago when it was put together.
    ning.

How many places have ye got for this one lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 whosyourcaddy

Gonna be hard to get on the ryder jug team with all this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

In for this one hopefully. Surely get some golf in between here and then, what I was doing in Portmarnock was comical at times.

Good to see the numbers!

• Advertisement

Don't usually accept so soon, as like to see how my schedule is shaping up but with over 30 confirmed within hours, I thought I better get my finger out :pac:

Don't let us put you out Big.... what with that hectic student lifestyle and everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭athlone99

Could i have an early time if possible, im only in clane so only 5 mins away! looking forward to a course with less bunkers!

room for 44. In fairness we hadn't got that many spaces booked, but have had to up with the numbers being so high this year. Naas were very accommodating and have moved another society in order to give us extra time.

I should take this opportunity to ask everyone to make sure they are ready to go at their allocated tee times, wear appropriate golf clothing, keep up with the group in front and don't cause any undue delays.

Lads, would it be possible for myself to join up with the society?

Now, I don't want to take the place of anyone who has played in the society this year as I'd feel bad with just joining. But I'm sure you have a few low handicappers who need some new competition!!

I have missed out big time and it's been great to see how it has grown from all those years ago when it was put together.
    ning.

drop me a PM with your name, handicap, email, phone number & club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Thanks for the invite - just accepted
    Just 1 caveat - I need a tee-time that's as early as possible
    I haven't played Naas since it was a 9-hole course - Can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

I should be OK for this one too but could also do with getting an early tee time if possible Seve. I've accepted on Teamer too

• Advertisement

Lads, lots of requests for early times, won't be able to accommodate you all, but will get yis out as early as possible

5 spaces left

Lads, lots of requests for early times, won't be able to accommodate you all, but will get yis out as early as possible

5 spaces left

Just making sure , have I been included

mafc wrote: »
    Just making sure , have I been included

have you accepted on teamer?

PARlance wrote: »
    Don't let us put you out Big.... what with that hectic student lifestyle and everything :)

It's not easy being a full-time golfer and part-time student you know :pac:

That famous Padraig Flynn appearance on the Late Late springs immediately to mind....You try and....:P

have you accepted on teamer?

Sorry not on Teamer , what do I need to do ? Send me a PM
    Thanks,

• Advertisement

drop me a PM with your name, handicap, email, phone number & club
    Sorry not on Teamer , what do I need to do ? Send me a PM
    Thanks,

As above

Might be available for this one, will know for sure nearer the date. Put me down provisionally

Can someone post the Teamer link, thanks

Seve, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

That famous Padraig Flynn appearance on the Late Late springs immediately to mind....You try and....:P

Haha, that was a classic! It's not easy maintaining 3 houses.. You try it!

Unfortunately I'm out for this one as I only arrive back from skiing later that day.
    Pity as I really like Naas. It's great to see so many people looking to play though.

ballyk wrote: »
    Haha, that was a classic! It's not easy maintaining 3 houses.. You try it!

Unfortunately I'm out for this one as I only arrive back from skiing later that day.
    Pity as I really like Naas. It's great to see so many people looking to play though.

Life is tough for you too, it seems :P

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Life is tough for you too, it seems :P
    Touché! One holiday a year, you should try it!

Us Mayomen need to stick together ;)

If anyone wants to buy me a pint in Naas (lovely pints there too btw) then I might craic open the party piece.

....As far as I'm concerned, I get, give or take, it works out, with expenses, at about a hundred and forty thousand a year. AND I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it's about a net hundred thousand..

AND OUTTA THAT hundred thousand,
    I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar AND Brussels
    I WANNA TELL YA SOMETHING
    TRY IT SOMETIME
    When you've a couple a cars, three houses, and three homes, and a few housekeepers, and I want ta tell ya, and everything else!

BUT REMEMBER... ITS A WELL PAID JOB.
    It's a well paid job.
    Bout a hundred thousand a year net. :)

Back on topic. Great pints of Guinness in the clubhouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭bobster453

Can I bring a visitor?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

At this stage I would doubt it Bob. Numbers are approaching 50 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Going to have to back out of this, more than likely I'll be working. only got out once since portmarnock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bombedbiscuit

Looking forward to playing this course , played it once about 4/5 years ago .... great track !!!

I hope that big target on my back doesnt effect my swing !!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement