Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards GS - 21 March - Naas Golf Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

sorry gents have to withdraw, asked to be godfather on same day. Hope you have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

What tees we playing off lads Yellow/ Blue/White ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

kieran. wrote: »
    What tees we playing off lads Yellow/ Blue/White ?

Also lads - are ye going for a timesheet again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry lads, had some personal things last week so a bit delayed with timesheet. will have it up shortly
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Going to have to back out of this, more than likely I'll be working. only got out once since portmarnock :(

Dan are you in or out?

you are still accepted on teamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

One of the later teetimes would suit me best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

Early(ish) time slot would be good for me, if possible before 11:30 :)

On the basis Dan said above he is not playing. If you are playing Dan, I will re-jig things around.

Guys, please make a note of your time and try and be there at least 20 minutes before your tee time

Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4
    11:03 parlance doublecross Damien D12 stitcheddepin
    11:12 princess poppy HoleInOne Niall D Shaunac93
    11:21 spacecoyote pistolpetes11 bigchap1759 Shane84
    11:30 jay1981 athlone99 kieran. 3putt
    11:39 ssbob tigerwood1 the big easy macker1
    11:48 whosyourcaddy benny79 SOFIRELAND recycled
    11:57 FixedPitchmark O'Reilly Tony Dr. Rieux Barnaboy
    12:06 bombedbiscuit roadrunner LuckyGent88 The cHamp26
    12:15 Seve OB DWD golfgraffix paulos53
    12:24 a post punk mafc bobster453 charlieIRL
    12:33

See you Saturday folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Seve OB wrote: »
    On the basis Dan said above he is not playing. If you are playing Dan, I will re-jig things around.

Guys, please make a note of your time and try and be there at least 20 minutes before your tee time

See you Saturday folks

Great stuff. Looking forward to this now. Cheers seve. Don't think I've played with any of the lads previously

Great stuff. Looking forward to this now. Cheers seve. Don't think I've played with any of the lads previously

good stuff. will be trying to shake it up during the year and make it so everyone gets to play with different people as much as possible so we can all get to know one another a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Hey lads, I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to pull out. My godson and goddaughter are having a joint birthday party at 2pm this Saturday, even though neither of their birthdays are this weekend :mad: I'd be shot if I didn't turn up and the party is too bloody early in the day to even try and get out in an early slot and still make it :( Hope you all have a great day, I hear that the course is in great nick at the moment.

Seve OB wrote: »

See you Saturday folks

Like that you have that bandit bombedbiscuit surrounded Captain. Fix in front of him, you behind. Have to keep him honest ;)

Was thinking exactly same thing Space - but wouldn't have the balls to say it :P

Was thinking exactly same thing Space - but wouldn't have the balls to say it :P

<_<

>_>

Oops...just trying to pile some pressure on so he bottles it & gives the rest of us a shout at the big money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Macker1

Jaysus :eek::eek::eek:

A man plays a good round and he's christened a Bandit. Its a tough crowd here after only one round the sharks are circling. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Any predictions on the points that will be required to win on Saturday. I reckon there could be a few 40+ pointers in

Its a great course and hopefully its in good nick as the weather look like being quite decent

I think there is a 40 + there macker - but as parklands go - it is not an easy one, as there is a great variety of shapes to the holes - this time of year the trees will not be in full bloom - so will make life a little easier on errant shots.
    The par 5s are easy enough.

The greens are fantastic there - and lads use to, faster greens will do well.

Besides the first hole (very hard hole imo) it is not that hard of a run to 11 - you'd imagine someone would have 24 points standing on 12th tee. But hard from there and a little better than 2 points home should win it. About 40 - but you never know, never seen 40 or over in Port (before).

Class course.

I'll be happy with 32.

• Advertisement

Macker1 wrote: »

A man plays a good round and he's christened a Bandit. Its a tough crowd here after only one round the sharks are circling. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Any predictions on the points that will be required to win on Saturday. I reckon there could be a few 40+ pointers in

Its a great course and hopefully its in good nick as the weather look like being quite decent

Sure you're a bandit yourself macker, so you know well the pressure of being top dog :D

Never played the course, really looking forward to it. 40 will probably be a big ask for me, like fix, will be pretty happy walking off with something in the low-mid 30s

Lads what are the practice facilities like there. Anywhere that you can hit a full shot, or just a short game area?

Yes macker - your the one who keeps bringing up bandit - I think - Ben alluded to it also after last outing.

Anyway (THIS IS A JOKE)

You ever hear the saying
    "The lady doth protest too much".

Maybe Seve - should ban bandit implication - if implied you lose 100 Race To The Jug Points.

Anyway - just noticed mafc in last few groups.

Warning - do not be sitting in over your chicken curry in the warm glow of a 40
    :D:p;)

The craic lads :p

On a serious note - anyone actually know the course very well.

I've been on it twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

In fairness, I usually give it 2-3 rounds :)
    The last man that asked how much it would take to win was bombedbiscuit... What book do they give ye ;)

My money is on both yourself and Space. Controlled off the tee and good around the greens will see 40+ points I'd say.
    I'll be gunning for another e/w placing, generally play well there but 36 my pb... flying under the radar like a proper bandit :)

• Advertisement

On a serious note - anyone actually know the course very well.

I've been on it twice.

I've played it 7-8 times.
    No hidden tricks to it really, keep it on the fairway and it's all ahead of you. Fairways are tight in places.

The Par 5 13th would be a good long drive hole, tee is really elevated and it's straight.
    Par 3 14th would be a good CTP hole, another massive drop from tee to green... that or the 17th, it's a long par 3 with plenty of room out right for a splash.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Lads what are the practice facilities like there. Anywhere that you can hit a full shot, or just a short game area?

there's a driving range just a 150 mtrs up the road, it's just beside the visitors car park, and a putting green right in-front of the club house, I'm not sure if the short game area is open to non-members, but it only has space for 1 person at a time, 2 people max

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Yes macker - your the one who keeps bringing up bandit - I think - Ben alluded to it also after last outing.

Anyway (THIS IS A JOKE)

You ever hear the saying
    "The lady doth protest too much".

Maybe Seve - should ban bandit implication - if implied you lose 100 Race To The Jug Points.

Anyway - just noticed mafc in last few groups.

Warning - do not be sitting in over your chicken curry in the warm glow of a 40
    :D:p;)

The craic lads :p

Looking forward to my maiden outing and putting faces to names.
    Chicken curry is safe other than me hitting a ball through clubhouse window.

I'll be watching out the window mafc - with the scores your shooting.

Also - say you have played in the area before .

I'll be watching out the window mafc - with the scores your shooting.

Also - say you have played in the area before .

Haven't played it in a couple of years and it wouldn't be one of my favourites, however still looking forward to it. Would be happy with a score in the 30's.
    I don't think scores will be in the 40's if it's playing as it lies as most have been placing all winter.

Do people consider course hard so mafc - for PARlance only to have a 36 there is a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Do people consider course hard so mafc - for PARlance only to have a 36 there is a sign.

Was it a greenside bunker?

Wouldn't say it's particularly hard but as PAR said earlier it's very easy to get out of position off the tee and end up with no shot to the green. Front 9 would be the easier imo, conditions looking good for Saturday so hopefully we'll be playing as it lies.

Lol... I can't count on one hand the courses I've bettered 36 on so not sure where you're getting that from.

It's a very good, old style parkland, tight fairways and tricky but true greens. It won't intimidate you like the brute next door (Palmerstown) but it will punish you if you're slightly off line... the type of course that you could feel you're playing well but are suddenly well behind 2's.

Don't recall me being the first to mention bandit. I'm curious so tell me more about what Ben alluded to after Portmarnock outing.

• Advertisement

Don't recall me being the first to mention bandit. I'm curious so tell me more about what Ben alluded to after Portmarnock outing.

Yes - see it was Space now - Space what are you up to , your not normally a stirrer around here , I like it :)

Ben brought the expression "Cowboy" into it (after Port)- not sure what a cowboy is.

New one on me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Reminder too lads, the first car park at the club house will be full so park in the second one down the road.
    Weather looking good for the weekend as well.
    My second time to play here so looking forward to it.

Yes - see it was Space now - Space what are you up to , your not normally a stirrer around here , I like it :)

Ben brought the expression "Cowboy" into it (after Port)- not sure what a cowboy is.

New one on me.

Call me skeptical but "Cowboy" is surely an expression that most people would be used to hearing. I work with a few of them:D:D:D:D

Anyways back to Saturday..... Naas is a great course which everyone should enjoy. Would love to be in a position to join but its a little too far away and slightly over budget.

Time to saddle up the horse.;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

Have played Naas over a dozen times, tidy little track, short par 4's. greens are the protection, subtle breaks on most. Hope it is summer rules but think it may be a week too early for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Best of luck lads and ladies.
    Played naas on one occasion and if memory serves me right it was the first time boards had an outing.
    Nice and tight track. Iron or fairway wood off first is only advice given.
    Won't be too jealous myself as I am off to carne for the weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well done on such numbers folks, playing another society outing same day so hope to make a future trip, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

I like the description of 17.

"The signature hole 17th Par 3 strikes fear into all who play it - 178 yards over water" "The average golfer, nerves already shattered, just tees up and hits it straight into the lake. The canny individual hits it up the left with a 5 iron and then shanks the second into the lake - same result - you’ll love it"

Like that you have that bandit bombedbiscuit surrounded Captain. Fix in front of him, you behind. Have to keep him honest ;)

i never even noticed

not like you to miss an opportunity to stir the pot Fix ;)

I've played the course twice before, but that was probably 10 years ago and 6 years ago so I remember nothing except the outside of the clubhouse and I think the car park is across the road??

really looking forward to Saturday

bobster453 wrote: »
    Can I bring a visitor?

been a few drop outs Bobster so let me know if you want to bring a visitor, it's no problem, we are down to 36 now by the looks of things, with room for 44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jay1981

Hi Lads,

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it Saturday due to work commitments. I hope you all have a great day and I look forward to meeting you at the next event. Regards, Jason

Lads, due to the drop outs and a few last minute requests, I have adjusted the timesheet ever so slightly, so please take note as most of you will be playing slightly earlier.

11:03 parlance doublecross Kieran. stitcheddepin
    11:30 athlone99 tigerwood1 the big easy macker1
    11:39 whosyourcaddy benny79 SOFIRELAND recycled
    11:48 FixedPitchmark O'Reilly Tony Dr. Rieux Barnaboy
    12:57 bombedbiscuit roadrunner LuckyGent88 The cHamp26
    12:06 Seve OB 3putt golfgraffix paulos53
    12:15 a post punk mafc bobster453 charlieIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Think we might have a new favourite for this week after reading the sub 80 thread.

3putt wrote: »
    Think we might have a new favourite for this week after reading the sub 80 thread.

Not a chance.

Totally switched off now - having a pint before :p:D

I don't do Parkland.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Thought I'd get the first dig in haha. But you are due a win at one of these outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭a post punk

Looking forward to this saturday,had a bad day on the driver 2 weeks ago so lookin for a return to form.talk to ye saturday lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Have a good one lads, Naas is a cracker, practise area about a 2 minute walk from the putting green,requires shaping the ball both ways off the tee which is nice. The 1st suits the slicers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

dar_cool wrote: »
    Have a good one lads, Naas is a cracker, practise area about a 2 minute walk from the putting green,requires shaping the ball both ways off the tee which is nice. The 1st suits the slicers :D

Any idea if u can get range balls or it's bring ur own?

Any idea if u can get range balls or it's bring ur own?

Range balls only at machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Range balls only at machine.

I don't remember any range balls the last time I was there Fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

Not a chance.

Totally switched off now - having a pint before :p:D

I don't do Parkland.

Yea it be hard alright of scratch!

• Advertisement
Advertisement