Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving midwifery degree in year 3

Options
  • 23-02-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all,

I have already posted in the mature forum and thought i'd ask here as well. I am in year 3 of a 4 year midwifery degree and am thinking of withdrawing from the course at the end of this year (I will not be completing the internship) to pursue a career in social care. I have read in the course handbook that it may be possible to obtain an ordinary degree following completing 3 years of study. I'm wondering would this ordinary degree be in midwifery or health studies perhaps as I cannot find a description of the actual degree. I'm hoping someone here may have left in year 3 and be able to advise me as to my future career options with this type of degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

You'll get a BA. Best person to talk to is your tutor. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 midwifeno1

Hey just wondering how you got on, did you leave and what were your options if you did,im in the same position so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement