Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar and Collinstown/Rowlagh area - what are they like?

Options
  • 23-02-2015 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Just looking for some info from anybody who knows these two areas - much to do? dodgy? general economic bracket?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Not dodgy as such, work there and never had any trouble. But both are fairly poor areas and a bit grim looking.

Close enough to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre and Clondalkin Village, and frequent bus service (40) to City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

To my mind they're quite different areas but I don't know Ongar that well so maybe I'm wrong.

I know Rowlagh/Neilstown very well (lived there) and I think it's fair to say many people would consider it dodgy. Lots of good people and mostly no hassle but I think it would be dishonest to pretend it doesn't having plenty of issues. Drugs are an issue (but then the same can be said of lots of places), the bus sometimes diverts due to antisocial behaviour, there have been a few gangland shootings in the locality, there's a few horses and ponies on the green in a couple of estates. The lads race up and down the road daily on scramblers and quads. As frankoreagan says it's a bit grim and run down looking in parts.

My advice would be to visit the area at a few different times and get a feel for it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Amica wrote: »
    Just looking for some info from anybody who knows these two areas - much to do? dodgy? general economic bracket?

Parts of Ongar are nice and quiet but can feel a bit like you are miles from anything other than a local shop and houses/apartments -a friend of mine lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Amica

thanks everyone. That was helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Go to the Dublin15 forum in Dublin West where there are many threads about what it's like to live in Ongar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement