Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

47” to 50” TV

• 23-02-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good offers on televisions lately.

I am looking for something with thin bezels and at least 100mhz.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

I was looking for the same and after visiting showrooms decided that the 47" LG 47LB650V looked the best (screen and stand) - have it two weeks now and very pleased (except for the nasty cheap plastic remote). It's a Smart TV, late 2014 and has WiDi and Miracast. Selling at c €799 in Harvey Norman, Currys etc. PowerCity had it on special at €650 but back up to €699 there now (but might be worth trying to bargain it down). Factory Choice - an online dealer has just reduced it to €569 which is a great deal but not sure about them - no address and no phone number on their website. You could buy via PayPal which now covers return post if you're not satisfied though. Worth visiting showrooms to see what catches your eye. I was dead set on a Sony which had great reviews buy stand looked shoddy and cheap in real life and screen of the LG was sharper. Sorry can't post links yet but just Google and you'll get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I really like the look of that TV. Silver and looks really sleek.

Passive 3D which is a nice bonus.

I checked with Harvey Norman , they are priced at 649 but none in stock unfortunately.

Never heard of factory choice but would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

pedatron wrote: »

Good value , €10 delivery charge with pixmania I think. €610 in total.

€610 V €650 from bricks and mortar. For the sake of €40 , think I would prefer to get it in Harvey Normans if any issues developed down the line.

Barr wrote: »
    I really like the look of that TV. Silver and looks really sleek.

Passive 3D which is a nice bonus.

I checked with Harvey Norman , they are priced at 649 but none in stock unfortunately.

Never heard of factory choice but would be interested to hear from anyone who has experience of them.

Thread on Factory Choice here: boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894913&page=4
    - you need to add the 3w before it (can't post links yet). Seems they're legit but very poor communicators.

• Advertisement

Furzy wrote: »
    Thread on Factory Choice here: boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056894913&page=4
    - you need to add the 3w before it (can't post links yet). Seems they're legit but very poor communicators.

The prices seem to be excluding tax , which is a bit odd.

Barr wrote: »
    The prices seem to be excluding tax , which is a bit odd.

Yes but even after you add the tax some prices are still very competetive. They're linked into PriceSpy which is where I came across them and the prices quoted on PriceSpy include tax. When I was looking at the 47LB650 their price was about €680 but came down to €569 a few days ago. (Time for me to turn off that notification!!).

Advertisement