Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre avalability

Options
  • 23-02-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I want to get eFibre broadband with Eircom. I was told by a neighbour that I am living in an eFibre area, but when I put my address into the line checker it is telling me it is not enabled. All my neighbours addresses are enabled but my house is not. I am living in an estate and my neighbours house is attached to mine so I find this very strange. 

I contacted eircom sales and was told all they can do is check my line and that it is not enabled. I have checked over 20 houses in the estate on the Eircom line checker and all but mine are eFibre enabled. Is there anything that can be done? Is it a case of an Eircom engineer calling to set up a fibre line or am I doomed to live without Netflix and online gaming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I want to get eFibre broadband with Eircom. I was told by a neighbour that I am living in an eFibre area, but when I put my address into the line checker it is telling me it is not enabled. All my neighbours addresses are enabled but my house is not. I am living in an estate and my neighbours house is attached to mine so I find this very strange. 

I contacted eircom sales and was told all they can do is check my line and that it is not enabled. I have checked over 20 houses in the estate on the Eircom line checker and all but mine are eFibre enabled. Is there anything that can be done? Is it a case of an Eircom engineer calling to set up a fibre line or am I doomed to live without Netflix and online gaming?
    Hi Brian_Fontana

It can be the cases that eircom cannot offer some lines efibre broadband even where nearby premises can avail of it.

If you would like to PM me your land line number I'll check with efibre operations for clarification

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement