Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Very easy every single lampost on our main roundabout is plastered in jack chambers and Paul donnolly posters. With a smattering of David McGuinness and Joan burton thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The FF posters were put up by professional crews. professional crews don't bother where they put them.

They are on the dual carriageways, wooden electric poles, tress and road traffic signs.

I'd expect them to be taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

The FF posters were put up by professional crews. professional crews don't bother where they put them.

They are on the dual carriageways, wooden electric poles, tress and road traffic signs.

I'd expect them to be taken down.

:D

They were not put up by professional crews and that is maybe why they are in certain areas.

AGC wrote: »
    :D

They were not put up by professional crews and that is maybe why they are in certain areas.

They were. I was speaking with them on the N7 at the Ashtown train station at 11pm last night. Big open trailer full of posters. ;)

When I say professional, i don't mean that postering is their profession, I mean they are paid crews of people. Paid to do the job.

Joan's posters were also paid crews, but Leo's team we met at Tyrrelstown last night were not paid crews, they seemed to be party members.

They were. I was speaking with them on the N7 at the Ashtown train station at 11pm last night. Big open trailer full of posters. ;)

When I say professional, i don't mean that postering is their profession, I mean they are paid crews of people. Paid to do the job.

Joan's posters were also paid crews, but Leo's team we met at Tyrrelstown last night were not paid crews, they seemed to be party members.

Well they were talking rubbish. I know who is looking after the posters on that side and they are not being paid.

• Advertisement

Well they were talking rubbish. I know who is looking after the posters on that side and they are not being paid.

So you're gene pool. ;)

So you're gene pool. ;)

No

Isn't there a rule that if you've an affiliation with a certain party or candidate that you have to declare it? Or am I dreaming that one?

January wrote: »
    Isn't there a rule that if you've an affiliation with a certain party or candidate that you have to declare it? Or am I dreaming that one?

In general? On here?

No

Get out of that. David himself was putting up posters last night and he didn't set eyes on those people in his life. They are paid crews.

I estimate between now and the end of the election, Chambers will have dropped more than €75,000 on the election.

Every poster, every bus stop, every phone box, every social media sponsored ad, every blanch gazette ad and every press release sent to the media by Q4 public relations and every stamped addressed leaflet and two weekly paid constituency leaflet drop over the last 6 months have been paid for in straight cash and not by Fianna Fail - (we know).

This is not a vote for Jack Chambers, this is a vote for the chairman of Fianna Fail in Dublin west, Frank Chambers.

Democracy, like justice in this country can be better accessed with more money. What a country!

• Advertisement

In general? On here?

On this thread.

Get out of that. David himself was putting up posters last night and he didn't set eyes on those people in his life. They are paid crews.

I estimate between now and the end of the election, Chambers will have dropped more than €75,000 on the election.

Every poster, every bus stop, every phone box, every social media sponsored ad, every blanch gazette ad and every press release sent to the media by Q4 public relations and every stamped addressed leaflet and two weekly paid constituency leaflet drop over the last 6 months have been paid for in straight cash and not by Fianna Fail - (we know).

This is not a vote for Jack Chambers, this is a vote for the chairman of Fianna Fail in Dublin west, Frank Chambers.

Democracy, like justice in this country can be better accessed with more money. What a country!

I have said plenty of times I don't even know the guy.

I know who was organising the posters (Bus stops etc... a different story) and they are not being paid, simple as. Believe what you want to.

Your agenda against him and his family is impressive though:)

January wrote: »
    On this thread.

Not sure. But if aimed at me no I have none.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Really -a General Election thread already? Do you not have anything better to be talking about!

As with the previous Election discussion threads, we would expect anyone with connections (including family/personal friend/canvasser) to any candidate to declare this in the interests of full disclosure. Should we discover that you have failed to do so you can expect a ban from this forum.
    Any personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Knew I saw it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK folks, play nicely please. And as pointed out above, anyone who has a connection to a candidate that isn't disclosed can expect to be banned from the forum should it subsequently emerge that they haven't been honest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Zaph wrote: »
    OK folks, play nicely please. And as pointed out above, anyone who has a connection to a candidate that isn't disclosed can expect to be banned from the forum should it subsequently emerge that they haven't been honest here.
    Why bother with usernames in that case?

Canadel wrote: »
    Why bother with usernames in that case?

I'm not saying that people have to announce that their name is X, brother/sister/campaign manager/etc. of candidate Y, but rather that they confirm if have a family connection or that they have canvassed on behalf of a particular candidate, for example. We're not looking for anything more than that, people can still stay anonymous here, but it at least gives other posters the opportunity to make up their own mind about how credible a poster is if they're extolling the virtues of a particular candidate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Posters don't have to declare party membership though...or do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I'm not saying that people have to announce that their name is X, brother/sister/campaign manager/etc. of candidate Y, but rather that they confirm if have a family connection or that they have canvassed on behalf of a particular candidate, for example. We're not looking for anything more than that, people can still stay anonymous here, but it at least gives other posters the opportunity to make up their own mind about how credible a poster is if they're extolling the virtues of a particular candidate.
    Surely that still contravenes the very idea of the anonymity boards offers its users.
    people can still stay anonymous here
    *But we'll ban you for staying completely anonymous when we find out who you really are*

athtrasna wrote: »
    Posters don't have to declare party membership though...or do they?

Tbh we haven't really thought about it to that level of detail. I'd say that unless someone is actively canvassing on behalf of the candidate for that party then probably not. Of course it's entirely an honour system, we have no way of proving that you've been out campaigning for the Free D15 Independence Party candidate or whoever, but we have a good bunch of regular posters in this forum and I'd like to think that they do have a bit of integrity to them and they will be honest in declaring their affiliations.
    Canadel wrote: »
    Surely that still contravenes the very idea of the anonymity boards offers its users.

*But we'll ban you for staying completely anonymous when we find out who you really are*

As I said above, a lot of it is down to the posters themselves "coming clean", I'm not about to dig into the profile of every poster on the forum to try to catch them out. But if you tell us that you have no connection to X and then somewhere along the line let it slip that you're actually their father, then you can't say you weren't warned of the consequences. It's about trying to keep a little bit of dignity and integrity in what is often an unseemly business, and also having some respect for the other posters in the forum and not trying to take them for fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Chambers, the Marty Huggins of Dublin West.

Who's Marty Huggins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

SF want to ring fence 1billion of tax payers money for social welfare.... appealing to their key voters

SF want to ring fence 1billion of tax payers money for social welfare.... appealing to their key voters

Considering that in the 2014 budget total social welfare expenditure in 2015 was forecast to be 19.415 billion, what exactly are they ring-fencing?

Considering that in the 2014 budget total social welfare expenditure in 2015 was forecast to be 19.415 billion, what exactly are they ring-fencing?

who knows as theres never any detail with SF. Pick a number and make a quote

who knows as theres never any detail with SF. Pick a number and make a quote

I agree. A billion is a nice round number for a soundbite and most people probably think it's a huge amount without realising what the actual SW budget is.

sure gerry doesn't even live in the republic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

this comes to mind....
    dr-evil-1-million-dollars.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

It seems a bit silly to single out one party for using made up numbers in an election campaign

• Advertisement

I'm sure the others will follow suit in time, SF are obviously just getting in ahead of the pack.

Advertisement