Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

January wrote: »
    Well no, not really. The ones who already had seats and are running again have a proven track record. There's also a record of other candidates doing work in the community. Chambers has neither.

Are you really saying Chambers has done nothing in the constituency???

Christ.

Of the ones who have a seat what has Coppinger done for the local area or since going into the Dáil except for voice her opinion against everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

AGC wrote: »

Christ.

He's certainly delivered plenty of leaflets anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

ThisRegard wrote: »
    An yet you haven't given any reason as to why you think people should vote for him, other than he's young.

You can't have it both ways.

Precisely.

Look folks, there is only one member of FF who <snip>
    Read between the lines.

AGC has only ever defended the one candidate. AGC I hear what you say about your vote, but regardless, you have offered nothing to Chambers benefit if any substance. FF canvassers are saying to people that Chambers is knocking on many doors, but of course he is - he doesn't have to go to work like all of the other candidates so that's all he has to do.

Can you not see the outrageous irony in this? The electorate certainly do.

One final thing. You mention that David has lost your vote now. That's also ironic, because he is doing precisely what he did to earn your vote the last time, and even more so. He is retaining some FF support and FF canvassers have communicated back to Myos. I know, you know and you know I know you know.

It is true what they say. Some people vote like sheep and that's perhaps why the status quo goes on and on and on. Is this why Independent support is so high in Dublin and FF are on 11% ?

Precisely.

Look folks, there is only one member of FF who <snip>
    Read between the lines.

AGC has only ever defended the one candidate. AGC I hear what you say about your vote, but regardless, you have offered nothing to Chambers benefit if any substance. FF canvassers are saying to people that Chambers is knocking on many doors, but of course he is - he doesn't have to go to work like all of the other candidates so that's all he has to do.

Can you not see the outrageous irony in this? The electorate certainly do.

One final thing. You mention that David has lost your vote now. That's also ironic, because he is doing precisely what he did to earn your vote the last time, and even more so. He is retaining some FF support and FF canvassers have communicated back to Myos. I know, you know and you know I know you know.

It is true what they say. Some people vote like sheep and that's perhaps why the status quo goes on and on and on. Is this why Independent support is so high in Dublin and FF are on 11% ?

So you know where I live now? :D Ill introduce myself when you do call

As a matter of fact he is not doing what I had asked him when he called to my house IN THE CONSTITUENCY but I can understand his decisions.

So you know where I live now? :D Ill introduce myself when you do call

As a matter of fact he is not doing what I had asked him when he called to my house IN THE CONSTITUENCY but I can understand his decisions.

Another answer without an answer from you. You let the mask slip when you stated you know who was doing the posters. Only the inner circle know about the Mayo crews (where the family come from) who were bought in to do them.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK guys, knock it off. And just a reminder of the Boards Terms of Use:
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:

* identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

Another answer without an answer from you. You let the mask slip when you stated you know who was doing the posters. Only the inner circle know about the Mayo crews (where the family come from) who were bought in to do them.

You drink in Myos with the click.

PS:Every other contributor here is wide to you at this stage. Now head off and improve your handicap at golf. ;)

Don't drink in Myo's.

I know lads who were putting up posters for McGuinness and Donnelly, should I know their clicks or inner circles.

To go back to your earlier question about just defending Chambers, I have defended him on the grounds of saying 'I would give him a chance' in the same way of showing support for who you are canvassing for, simple as that.

Who said anything about the Mayo crew?:confused:

Don't drink in Myo's.

I know lads who were putting up posters for McGuinness and Donnelly, should I know their clicks or inner circles.

To go back to your earlier question about just defending Chambers, I have defended him on the grounds of saying 'I would give him a chance' in the same way of showing support for who you are canvassing for, simple as that.

Who said anything about the Mayo crew?:confused:

You let the mask skip. get out of it. Chancer.

If you want to debate, debate, but all you are doing is finding small angles to defend someone You've offered very little to promote your candidate of choice.

You let the mask skip. get out of it. Chancer.

If you want to debate, debate, but all you are doing is finding small angles to defend someone You've offered very little to promote your candidate of choice.

Haven't looked for a debate, all I have said I will give him a chance, simple as.

If you want to go on and say you know where I live, know my clicks, where I drink, know I am a member of a party etc... good luck to you but I have said time and time again my thoughts. You say 'I let my guard down' because I know who puts up posters?? You would know the person as well I am sure and I understand this person has nothing to do with any clicks and certainly doesn't drink in Myo's.

You clearly don't like the guy because he has the FF nomination and got that by quite a large majority looking at the vote so fair enough - you are in the McGuinness camp and that is fine - I would have shown support for him in the past, not because of the party who he ran for but having spoken to him and I could very well have this time around.

I look forward to you calling.

Haven't looked for a debate, all I have said I will give him a chance, simple as.

If you want to go on and say you know where I live, know my clicks, where I drink, know I am a member of a party etc... good luck to you but I have said time and time again my thoughts. You say 'I let my guard down' because I know who puts up posters?? You would know the person as well I am sure and I understand this person has nothing to do with any clicks and certainly doesn't drink in Myo's.

You clearly don't like the guy because he has the FF nomination and got that by quite a large majority looking at the vote so fair enough - you are in the McGuinness camp and that is fine - I would have shown support for him in the past, not because of the party who he ran for but having spoken to him and I could very well have this time around.

I look forward to you calling.

With 29,000 homes in Dublin west, what's the chances of you getting a knock this time around - honestly like?

Now can I suggest you pick up the phone and call him because he responds to every email, txt message, phone call and social media PM.

Anyway, on a different note, Varadkar is supposed to have had a car crash on radio yesterday. Anyone hear it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What bit of knock it off guys was unclear? Please don't respond to each other any more or people will be taking a day or two off from the forum.

Look, you've made me use my mod voice now. That makes me sad. :(

Zaph wrote: »
    What bit of knock it off guys was unclear? Please don't respond to each other any more or people will be taking a day or two off from the forum.

Look, you've made me use my mod voice now. That makes me sad. :(

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Christ.

Of the ones who have a seat what has Coppinger done for the local area or since going into the Dáil except for voice her opinion against everything?

What has Chambers done? Go on, tell me.

Coppinger has helped a friend of mine secure housing for herself when she was homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Sent every councillor in my area (of which Chambers was one) an email regarding public lighting. He's the only one who didn't get back to me, even with a "thank you for your email, we'll see what we can do". I'd love if he proved himself, I honestly would (speaking as a young person with an interest in politics), but so far he hasn't, and we're almost two years into his council term. That's upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I too would be interested in hearing what he as done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Chambers hasn't responded to a single email sent by me or by our management company since he was a local election candidate.

In contrast McGuinness has been helpful beyond belief. His local electoral area doesn't include Waterville but going back years and years he has always been the most helpful councillor to us if we had issues. O'Gorman was good too but his response on Rossan Court lost him a high preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Christ.

All you do is criticise other peoples statements, you don't put up any evidence to counter their point.

So start by giving us example of what he's done in the constituency?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All the questions that each of you asked these guys, as Councillors, are perfectly valid, for Councillors.

But all this reminds me just how badly served we are, in many instances, where folk whose experience extends to ringing a person in a Town Hall now and then and attending an occasional meeting about new tennis courts, go forward and are elected to legislate for the social and economic needs of 4.6 million people.

Some TDs are very good. Most, in my opinion, are not and there has to be a better way of selecting good candidates to be in Government and on the legislature. Personally, I would separate the Cabinet from the legislature forever, its an inherent conflict of interest. And I would merge the offices of President and Taoiseach into a single executive position, responsible to the Parliament and the Supreme Court.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    All the questions that each of you asked these guys, as Councillors, are perfectly valid, for Councillors.

But all this reminds me just how badly served we are, in many instances, where folk whose experience extends to ringing a person in a Town Hall now and then and attending an occasional meeting about new tennis courts, go forward and are elected to legislate for the social and economic needs of 4.6 million people.

Some TDs are very good. Most, in my opinion, are not and there has to be a better way of selecting good candidates to be in Government and on the legislature. Personally, I would separate the Cabinet from the legislature forever, its an inherent conflict of interest. And I would merge the offices of President and Taoiseach into a single executive position, responsible to the Parliament and the Supreme Court.

Canvassing is so hard to get around in any meaningful way, I would love a town hall meeting where resident associations convene a venue and invite public reps to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Im no fan of SF but this crap Kenny has come out with for Adams to make a statement immediately to say if the guns used in the hotel attack were similar to the ones used by the IRA makes no sence. Kenny is in charge and instead of grasping the nettle he looks for a statement from an opposition party. FG need to take responsibility and grow a set.

• Advertisement

Renua were postering today, all at ground level it seems. Neighbour sent me a pic of one at a pedestrian crossing , at ground level, on the pedestrian crossing sign itself. He's sending it to her so it'll be interesting to see how quick, if at all, they sort things out.

Boards issues prevent me attaching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah the Renua candidate seemed to be one of the last to poster because the few posters I've seen have been very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Yeah the Renua candidate seemed to be one of the last to poster because the few posters I've seen have been very low.

Renua were one of the first up with posters in Castleknock but nearly all of the posters are on ground level. I can only presume they didn't have a ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I can only presume they didn't have a ladder.

Kind of sums up their campaign to date.

Most of the Renua posters at the top of Waterville that were there this morning were gone when I got home. One left flapping in the wind so I'm guessing it wasn't Renua that moved them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,968 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I can only presume they didn't have a ladder.

Can't afford one more like.

I'm reporting all of them. People hanging posters on traffic lights and barriers, or below 2.5m on a footpath deserve to be fined for every single violation. Won't happen of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Here's the pic

pic not there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

January wrote: »
    What has Chambers done? Go on, tell me.

Coppinger has helped a friend of mine secure housing for herself when she was homeless.

Exactly what a councillor should do but doesn't make her fit to be a TD.

pic not there.

Attachments aren't working properly on the site at the moment

• Advertisement

pic not there.

Boards acting the tit, it actually told me the post failed so I didn't think it even posted that.

Advertisement