Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I was informed last night of a poll that was taken throughout shopping centres and supermarkets by a local newspaper group.

It reveals that FG and SF are well ahead.

It also reveals that Joan Burton, David McGuinness and Jack Chambers are relatively close to each other and that Ruth is lagging behind those three.

Make with it what you will but its a good read of what we have seen on the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

horse7 wrote: »
    Getting page does not exist?

Strange, I've just confirmed it working on a machine where I've never logged in to twitter. And I know others have viewed it. Could you try a different browser perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

All you have to do is get there for 6:30 or so. if you want me to copy and paste the email in here, just let me know.

Am I right in thinking it goes out live, as in, I'd need to be there from 6:30 till after midnight?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

horse7 wrote: »
    Getting page does not exist?

It wouldn't work for me either on my phone initially, but when I opened the Twitter app and then clicked on the link it worked perfectly.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking it goes out live, as in, I'd need to be there from 6:30 till after midnight?

No, they will record it and play it back as a live recording.

Maybe to prevent streakers from running through the hall.

• Advertisement

Where and when is it on TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

No, they will record it and play it back as a live recording.

Maybe to prevent streakers from running through the hall.

Damn streakers!

Zaph wrote: »
    Where and when is it on TV?

It's being recorded tonight and played tonight.

It's being recorded tonight and played tonight.

Yeah, but on what channel and at what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Zaph wrote: »
    Yeah, but on what channel and at what time?

TV3, from 10pm to 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    TV3, from 10pm to 12

*Rubs hands*

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    TV3, from 10pm to 12

Jaysus, I'm not sure I'll have the stamina to sit through two hours of politicians spouting rubbish. I think I'll record it and maybe watch it tomorrow when I can at least fast forward through the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Ads will make up at least an hour of it :D

If you skip Vincent's rants as well there might only be a half hour worth watching :)

Sorry lads, I just cant find the crucial post, where is Vinnie B's debate being held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I just cant find the crucial post, where is Vinnie B's debate being held?

Carlton Hotel, Tyrellstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was out for a post work meal this evening and had a couple of beers. I might continue with another few, wander over and be the angry drunk in the crowd.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I was out for a post work meal this evening and had a couple of beers. I might continue with another few, wander over and be the angry drunk in the crowd.

Don't forget your banner saying hi to everyone in this forum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm looking forward to watching it. I'd planned to go, but a last minute college exam meant I couldn't. Saw on twitter there's only six candidates there? Leo and Joan aren't going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The council or someone seems to have done a number on the posters around the shopping centre/village/Snugborough Road junction off the n3. You'd hardly know there was an election on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, I stay out of the more general GE threads on this site because basically they're usually a mess. The local ones avoid that, thankfully.

I've been into some of the other GE threads, not pretty. At least here people know the difference between an argument and a discussion and can behave like adults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

athtrasna wrote: »
    The council or someone seems to have done a number on the posters around the shopping centre/village/Snugborough Road junction off the n3. You'd hardly know there was an election on

They need to get up to Ongar and Castaheany. I just did a 10km jog about the area and Ongar and Castaheany look destroyed with posters. Some are just tied to lamppost at ground level.

It makes sense now, the street furniture around the roundabout at the hotel was absolutely plastered with ****e from SF and a bit from FF, especially the fencing around the roundabout.

Cynical bastards weren't bothered up until they knew there was going to be a bit of a TV show around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Burton and Vradkar looking like no shows in the debate. No denying they've been no shows in government.

Chambers and Coppinger would get my vote for turning up. Decisions are made by those who turn up and hopefully the voters will value those candidates who have turned up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Very surprised Burton was a no show considering she's on the rope

Mc Guinness came across well

Canadel wrote: »
    Burton and Vradkar looking like no shows in the debate. No denying they've been no shows in government.

Chambers and Coppinger would get my vote for turning up. Decisions are made by those who turn up and hopefully the voters will value those candidates who have turned up tonight.

It's a ridiculous reason to vote, or not, for someone, on basis of turning up for a debate.

Had you been watching Prime Time earlier would you only be voting FF and FG on the basis they were the only 2 parties debating, Varadkar included?

Oh man, that cut back to Catherine Noone did her no favours!

I think I'm out already, will skim through it after recording it as I find Vinny intolerable when he's in his moods, and the whole how dare he/she not grace me with their presence, don't they know who I am shtick is old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Oh man, that cut back to Catherine Noone did her no favours!

Oh yeah it was a total "Do I look bothered" look!!

Yeah, enjoy folks, I'm fed up with him already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Government pols haven't done many Vin B debates at all. Those that did found the audience packed with SF and water protestors which in turn put others off. Not specific to Leo and Joan

Advertisement