Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Strange rumblings going on in Dublin west. Cannot quite explain it but something big.

Don't be a tease like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Strange rumblings going on in Dublin west. Cannot quite explain it but something big.

Sorry, I had a curry last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Come on, the moratorium has started, give us a bit of gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Ah go on, you can't post that and not give us something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Just missed David McGuinness at tesco in roselawn, could have introduced myself to you chuck if you were there.

• Advertisement

Just got a last minute letter in the door from Leo, looking for Varadkar #1, Noone #2, Burton #3.

He's reminding people that no seat is safe including his own, never topped a poll and never pulled a quota and will need #1s and transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

On the plus side, the tally men will be keeping a close eye on our constituency so should be an entertaining morning come Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Coppinger is at my sisters door in ravenswood at this moment. Are they allowed at this stage? Thought there was a moratorium.

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Coppinger is at my sisters door in ravenswood at this moment. Are they allowed at this stage? Thought there was a moratorium.

On media reporting

AGC wrote: »
    On media reporting

Old media only at that. Boards, blogs and everything else are still fair game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

conor-mr2 wrote: »

We just had them knock a short time ago too, a lad spinning the 'fight for the 4th seat with Burton line', asking if we were aware of the recent polls and saying they are all out in a last minute effort to get more first preferences and how Varadkar and Donnelly are going to be elected with over 20% and have their seats for certain and how she needs our first preference more. Interestingly he commenting that they travelled up from Carlow & Kilkenny to try get more support for Coppinger.

I was raging I was upstairs getting the small ones to bed as I'd have liked to asked him why in his opinion, given that 2/4 outgoing seats are currently their party, why they seem to be scrambling desperately to keep one and need lads from Carlow and Kilkenny to be knocking on doors in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I cannot say anything as I'd most likely lose my house if I did, but I read something today that is shocking.

It appears someone in the inner circle of FF locally has released the mother load of questions in relation to the local parties conduct in recent years.

Whomever is responsible has deep, deep knowledge and must be within the inner most circle.

It details shenanigans that could actually destroy the party locally, regardless of tomorrows outcome.

Every dog on the street is talking about it.

Just have a feeling Burton will sneak it, against all odds but think she will. 13/8 worth a small punt

KGLady wrote:
    I was raging I was upstairs getting the small ones to bed as I'd have liked to asked him why in his opinion, given that 2/4 outgoing seats are currently their party, why they seem to be scrambling desperately to keep one and need lads from Carlow and Kilkenny to be knocking on doors in the area.

Apparently (if it's not already clear) they're very worried about losing the seat.

When you win a bye election it's generally with the same vote that you have in the general. Saying they have 2 of 4 seats is double counting the popularity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

AGC wrote: »
    Just have a feeling Burton will sneak it, against all odds but think she will. 13/8 worth a small punt

I'd agree. She was at the train station this morning - as was TJ Clare and Catherine Noone. I'm going on all the positive vibe/good mornings given to Joan...I don't think it's over for her just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amdublin wrote: »
    I'd agree. She was at the train station this morning - as was TJ Clare and Catherine Noone. I'm going on all the positive vibe/good mornings given to Joan...I don't think it's over for her just yet.

I hope not. She has a lot to give and I'm take her over Coppinger any day. She lost me early in the campaign but will be in my preferences tomorrow. She ticks my liberal boxes without the crazy of Coppinger (the liberal boxes are all Coppinger ticks for me)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Chuck this just reads like last minute muck raking. Say what you have to say in full & back it up. Or say nothing.

I cannot say anything as I'd most likely lose my house if I did, but I read something today that is shocking.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Chuck this just reads like last minute muck raking. Say what you have to say in full & back it up. Or say nothing.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Every dog on the street is talking about it.

Not on this street, spill the beans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Who are SF saying to give 2nd preferences to? I know there is no love lost between SF and AAAPBP so unlikely to be them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Knowing Chuck, all we will get here is some vague mumbling about the Myo's "inner circle" LOL.

Just arrived home to see that Leo has donated the Navan Road to Noone! It has been decreed to vote Noone then Leo then Burton! :)

Donnolly has given us an idiot proof guide to filling out the ballot as well :)

Coppinger desperately pushing the "Women for Ruth" angle today. Pathetic electioneering if she's using her sex as the main reason to ask people to vote for her.

I see Donnelly tweeted earlier that one of his canvassers was asked by AAA not to vote for him because he's already in.

I'd be desperately sad if she's elected at this stage.

You think I'm trying to stir something? A friend of mine, who happens to be a Labour canvasser, showed me something I already heard about earlier in the week. As if me saying something here has any influence?

Every member of the local FF membership has received some sort of letter from within their own organisation locally. I got a quick look of some of it on the canvass earlier and some serious accusations are in it - most I never heard of.

I'd bet my hat AGC is aware of it. Some people tweeted about it in #DUBW

It seems at least 100 FF members and past members received the correspondance in recent days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Off to twitter we go ;)

Looking at Twitter for the last 24 hours Chambers appears to have gone into hiding, but this did amuse me
    https://twitter.com/martinaAkealy/status/702618568429432832?s=09

I can't see any tweets on #dubw....

Grudaire wrote: »
    I can't see any tweets on #dubw....

Me neither.

Go back 1 day. Two ladies tweeting about scandel.

• Advertisement

You think I'm trying to stir something? A friend of mine, who happens to be a Labour canvasser, showed me something I already heard about earlier in the week. As if me saying something here has any influence?

Every member of the local FF membership has received some sort of letter from within their own organisation locally. I got a quick look of some of it on the canvass earlier and some serious accusations are in it - most I never heard of.

It seems at least 100 FF members and past members received the correspondance in recent days.

No I don't Chuck but I'll certainly try and find out.

Of course you are trying to stir something, you said earlier in week 'it's all getting hectic' and that you'll be back on the eve of the election. Shock horror here you and again talking about FF.

Advertisement