Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Chuck, you said on Twitter you got the letter yourself in the post. Now you're saying you were showed it by a Labour candidate. Better get your story straight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I found the two ladies who say exactly the same thing (not a RT) at the same time without saying anything at all:
    Wow! There's some proper scandal going on in Dublin West re:politics

When pushed they say they got a letter in the post and we might hear about it when it is in the news.

It is completely obvious it's orchestrated (rubbish).

It reminds me of those people who look for attention by putting obscure posts on facebook. And when someone asks what it is (u ok hun?) they reply with yeah but don't want to talk about it on fb, pm me.

Silly utter rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Arciphel wrote: »
    Chuck, you said on Twitter you got the letter yourself in the post. Now you're saying you were showed it by a Labour candidate. Better get your story straight.

My story is straight. Who you think I am is incorrect on your part.

The Labour party are well aware of it - its out.

I've always been honest on here. When I say something is serious - it's serious. Whether its true or not remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Go back 1 day. Two ladies tweeting about scandel.

Yeah, I saw that, no substance though as to what the scandal may be, just the same tweet word for word

amdublin wrote: »
    I found the two ladies who say exactly the same thing (not a RT) at the same time without saying anything at all:
    Wow! There's some proper scandal going on in Dublin West re:politics

When pushed they say they got a letter in the post and we might hear about it when it is in the news.

It is completely obvious it's orchestrated (rubbish).

It reminds me of those people who look for attention by putting obscure posts on facebook. And when someone asks what it is (u ok hun?) they reply with yeah but don't want to talk about it on fb, pm me.

Silly utter rubbish.

I'll be looking for an apology from you. The ladies in question are menbers of FF Dublin west. Openly so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

You are making no sense.

Are you saying FF sent something out? Was something sent out on 'their behalf'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've searched the #DubW tweets back to last Saturday and found nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

It's like primary school all over again.

I've got a secret!

What is it??

Can't tell ya.

Ah go on!

No way.

AGC wrote: »
    You are making no sense.

Are you saying FF sent something out? Was something sent out on 'their behalf'?

It appears a member of the FF officer board locally sent out a letter to all members and many past members, detailing a litany of concerns and allegations.

If past members received it - its gone wild.

Membership lists are confidential so it makes it very serious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'll be looking for an apology from you. The ladies in question are menbers of FF Dublin west. Openly so!

So they got a letter. And are prepared to say they got a letter. And according to them both (exact same words) "there's some proper scandal". But they won't tell exactly what it is.

Can you see how they look like the "u ok hun" brigade?
    And can you see how it looks orchestrated - two people tweeting the exact same sentence at around the same time.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    I've searched the #DubW tweets back to last Saturday and found nothing?

If you put #dubw scandal in search you will get one of the ladies tweets. The other one is pretty much the same. At about the same time.

The tweets tells you NADA! But alludes to lots.

It appears a member of the FF officer board locally sent out a letter to all members and many past members, detailing a litany of concerns and allegations.

If past members received it - its gone wild.

Membership lists are confidential so it makes it very serious

It appears being the main words.

It stinks of dirty politics, similar story doing the rounds in Meath with an independent candidate having to come out this evening and say the most recent letter drop done in his name has nothing to do with him.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Thanks. I was looking for a letter or mention of one

If you open the second one there's a mention of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

Chuck you are full of nonsense. Dirty tactics again. Everyone knows who's behind the @PlastererPaddy account on Twitter and who DMG campaign manager is. Sad. Spreading lies and hiding behind fake accounts.

Those tweets both 'liked' by each other at almost the same time.

Cynic in me would also question the John McGuinness who's Twitter account has a lot of support for the independent alliance!!!

In fairness there's lots of dodgy Twitter accounts out there stirring things, the Capatain Black one in our locality is pretty awful.

amdublin wrote: »
    So they got a letter. And are prepared to say they got a letter. And according to them both (exact same words) "there's some proper scandal". But they won't tell exactly what it is.

Can you see how they look like the "u ok hun" brigade?
    And can you see how it looks orchestrated - two people tweeting the exact same sentence at around the same time.

Yes I can see how it looks but I would lose my house if I told you what I seen. It's that serious.

You should know by now that I'm genuine in what I say.

My understanding is that FF tried to contain it but its out now. The timing is naturally questionable but it is very serious.

As I said with my original post earlier - something is up.

FWIW I don't think it's orchestrated by anyone in the McGuinness camp, just availing of a bit of gamesmanship where they can perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Yes I can see how it looks but I would lose my house if I told you what I seen. It's that serious.

Is that some sort of political talk or would you literally 'lose your house'?

In other election related stuff, there are still tons of posters up near polling stations. Remember the law is, no political activity (including posters) within 50 metres of the entrance to polling station grounds from 6.30am tomorrow.

If you spot any report them to the Gardai in your polling station, or local Garda station. You can also report it to the presiding officer inside the polling station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Why bother come on here with it then? What would stop you detailing it if there actually was something up - some weird sense of loyalty to FF all of a sudden?

Is that some sort of political talk or would you literally 'lose your house'?

If I revealed what's on the letter I saw, I would be sued and stripped of every possession I have.

This is a forum. I'm telling you something is going on. This is not your average tell tale or spoof. Someone high has set off a bomb in FF locally. No general member would be capable of what I seen.

Too many people have received it.

There was talk on here that Castleknock tennis sent out an email for a candidate. I didn't see anyone proofing it or being asked to.

I'd be shocked if the media were not aware of it. Too many people have it.

SidKelly wrote: »
    Chuck you are full of nonsense. Dirty tactics again. Everyone knows who's behind the @PlastererPaddy account on Twitter and who DMG campaign manager is. Sad. Spreading lies and hiding behind fake accounts.

Sid Kelly with 1 post, liked by AGC, and who has only joined and tries to discredit me on the basis of rubbish.

How convenient.

Is this the contents of the letter Chuck?

http://goo.gl/cbAUDb

Arciphel wrote: »
    Is this the contents of the letter Chuck?

http://goo.gl/cbAUDb

My phone cannot open links, has it been posted online by someone?

Do you reckon it's true?

So who is Sid Kelly? Isn't there a gentlemens agreement for posters to declare if they're associated with a party or candidate on this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So who is Sid Kelly? Isn't there a gentlemens agreement for posters to declare if they're associated with a party or candidate on this thread?

I have no association with any party or candidate. My vote goes to the best candidate. I'm following the thread for two weeks.

Advertisement