Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Mountview was pretty busy at eight. Thought it would be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hunstown was very busy at 7pm.
    Also commented to the other half that I saw no Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Zaph wrote: »
    I don't recall ever seeing a Garda at any polling station I've ever voted at.

Used to be one at my old place, definitely at the last general election, can't remember if I saw one at the marriage referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I saw jo o'brien canvassing out side dunnes in Ongar this evening . Would have thought that Castleknock would be more sympathetic voters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

oblivious wrote: »
    I saw jo o'brien canvassing out side dunnes in Ongar this evening . Would have thought that Castleknock would be more sympathetic voters

So she exists! Won't last long in the count tomorrow I expect. The only candidate quieter than her was Dermot Casey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

JacquesSon wrote:
    Come on now folks, take your time and read the instructions carefully.

I'm looking forward to the count tomorrow :)

I'm guessing there'll be a few at the tally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

athtrasna wrote: »
    So she exists! Won't last long in the count tomorrow I expect. The only candidate quieter than her was Dermot Casey

Saw her at SuperValu Tyrrelstown on Wednesday and got stuck behind her in traffic in the city centre last week.

Grudaire wrote: »

I'm guessing there'll be a few at the tally :)

From what I am aware, each candidate only gets five pases. It s supposed to be very tightly controlled

Oh yeah!

For some reason he has a a few posters on the boundary line on the Navan Road

oblivious wrote:
    From what I am aware, each candidate only gets five pases. It s supposed to be very tightly controlled

Jaysus I must be on the inside track.. I think it's more than 5 tickets a head though

If anything interesting happens I'll post up here :D

• Advertisement

Grudaire wrote: »
    Jaysus I must be on the inside track.. I think it's more than 5 tickets a head though

If anything interesting happens I'll post up here :D

Enjoy and don't forget to post what's happening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Any idea of turn out at polling stations in constituency?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

AGC wrote: »
    Any idea of turn out at polling stations in constituency?

Leo tweeted 50 minutes ago that we should have some figures in the next hour so it should be soon.

Approx 59% according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Going by the national exit poll, Chambers should comfortably have a seat. Strong support for independents might push McGuinness into contention for the last seat.

60-65% turnout in Blanchardstown/Castleknock but 40-44% in Ladyswell & Tyrrelstown. Also bodes well for Chambers alas. Ruth may be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

The only option judging by that exit poll is FG / FF but I just can't see it despite what everyone says. I think either would pull the plug at the blink of an eye so for me it's a minority government and see you back here in August :eek:

Hope Chambers is elected tomorrow. The whole letter thing I got a good insight into tonight and very surprised chuck was even posting about it. Any right minded individual would have seen what a complete smear attempt it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Hope Chambers is elected tomorrow. The whole letter thing I got a good insight into tonight and very surprised chuck was even posting about it. Any right minded individual would have seen what a complete smear attempt it was.

The letter thing was a complete red herring my issue with Chambers isn't even the ousting of McGuinness it's just he's insubstantial and is a figure head for the FF Dub West apparatchik in particular his Father. Take him off message without one of his mid 60 something handlers and he's absolutely hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Going by the national revival of Fianna Fail, theres probably a good chance he'll get in.

• Advertisement

Rosser wrote: »
    The letter thing was a complete red herring my issue with Chambers isn't even the ousting of McGuinness it's just he's insubstantial and is a figure head for the FF Dub West apparatchik in particular his Father. Take him off message without one of his mid 60 something handlers and he's absolutely hopeless.

At least you have a valid opinion on him.

You have not decided things by a personal grudge.

I genuinely hope he goes on and does well if elected, I also think Paul Donnelly could do very well within SF.

I don't have a personal grudge or affiliation to any candidate but Chambers has been inept as a councillor so I would hate to see him take a seat. Engagement with your constituents is a vital part of being a public representative and Jack just won't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't have a personal grudge or affiliation to any candidate but Chambers has been inept as a councillor so I would hate to see him take a seat. Engagement with your constituents is a vital part of being a public representative and Jack just won't do it.

This. I also don't have a personal grudge or affliction but I think Jack just isn't up for the job. You're allowed think that and it's a valid reason not to vote for him. Before the whole debacle with him and David McGuinness I hadn't even heard of the lad despite him being a councillor beforehand.

Oh and then there's the fact that he's an out and out liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Another pathetic reason to want someone elected though. You either vote for a person's policies or you don't, none of these crap spurious reasons. It's how you end up with a bad government.

But I reckon you wanted him elected from the outset anyway, you're just throwing in the above reason to be mischievous.
    At least you have a valid opinion on him.

You have not decided things by a personal grudge. .

Ironic given your reason above for wanting to see him elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

I think Jack Chambers is inept and a poor politican. That was fairy evident in the campaign. He certainly doesn't deserve to be harrased and his character questioned by bogus Twitter accounts by people with an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

Can you share some of that insight ?

The tally has begun, no update on figures yet, but I note three Gardai and a first medic station.. They're expecting drama :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope Chambers isnt elected because he is unsuitable for the job, and a bit of a gormless sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The selection of Chambers is an example of the worst kind of politics, where it is a case of who you know rather than what you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Early tallies with castleknock, porterstown and navan road counted

Advertisement