Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

So looks like chambers Leo burton and Coppinger? They finish the count today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nobody elected on the second count either, here's the transfers.
    CcPghdmW0AERBis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

genericguy wrote: »
    This is a man that joined ff as batt o keeffe was fleecing teachers, and he a teacher himself. Told my father he didn't believe in FF but that "you do what you need to do", then fooked off in a huff slating FF when they chose a slicker bloke over him. He'd join the nazi party if he thought it would guarantee him a seat, salary and pension.
    But isn't that Fine Failness summed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Leo elected and Chambers looking good for a seat. Neck & neck between Burton & Coppinger but looks like Donnelly is done for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

RoryMac wrote: »
    Leo elected and Chambers looking good for a seat. Neck & neck between Burton & Coppinger but looks like Donnelly is done for

Just watching it there on RTE and the comment was made that David McGuinness should transfer heavily to Jack Chambers. I would have thought that some of McGuinness would transfer to Donnelly. Are they not quite close area wise, Tyrrelstown and Corduff?

• Advertisement

SF will be disgusted with their failure to get a seat in Dublin West.

Just watching it there on RTE and the comment was made that David McGuinness should transfer heavily to Jack Chambers. I would have thought that some of McGuinness would transfer to Donnelly. Are they not quite close area wise, Tyrrelstown and Corduff?

You wouldn't be walking too quickly between them, but the demographics are quite different anyway.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They are, but the demographics are quite different.

Ah right. I thought the opposite, that they were quite close. Both working class areas etc..

Not really. There's a mix but it's a private estate with a lot of professionals living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

What happens now in fourth count? Leo's surplus distributed? Or was clare eliminated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

What happens now in fourth count? Leo's surplus distributed? Or was clare eliminated?

Going by RTÉ, Clare has been eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Looks like a couple of SF shocks could be on the cards. I reckon Donnelly won't make it. Looking like a disaster for SF in Donegal coming.

O'Gorman and McGuinness eliminated, last count coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Chambers trolls out in force on twitter because some people dared to point out the misleading information about his medical background...stay classy!

Astounded at the SF vote, I would have bet a lot on Donnelly walking in if I was stupid enough to bet on politics. Where did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

athtrasna wrote:
    Astounded at the SF vote, I would have bet a lot on Donnelly walking in if I was stupid enough to bet on politics. Where did it go?

Paddy power had Donnelly at 1/100 to be elected.

Ruth turning it into a battle between her and Joan certainly contributed to Donnelly losing votes. With the feeling that Donnelly was safe, if you wanted Joan out you were going to vote for Ruth.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

athtrasna wrote: »
    Chambers trolls out in force on twitter because some people dared to point out the misleading information about his medical background...stay classy!

I didn't give him my vote purely because I thought he was a sure thing and put my vote elsewhere. Maybe I'm not the only one with that train of thought

Oh snap. (previous post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

We get it you don't like the guy, but there's no need for comments like that.
    No need to tell other posters that their comments aren't needed tbh.

I can't believe that Chambers is going to be elected to the Dail. It's a most strange country we live in. He's young, but just as cynical, conservative and conforming as the average politician in this country. Best of luck to him if he gets the seat and I hope he proves me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Coppinger reckons the final result is coming soon.

Joan looks happy in the photos, good indication that she is safe.

• Advertisement

Canadel wrote: »
    No need to tell other posters that their comments aren't needed tbh..

When somebody makes a comment about somebody joining the Nazi party, f ucking right I'll tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭thomasj

Kiwi_knock wrote:
    Joan looks happy in the photos, good indication that she is safe.

Hard to say, there's over 6000 votes currently being distributed, time will tell

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I can't believe that Chambers is going to be elected to the Dail. It's a most strange country we live in. He's young, but just as cynical, conservative and conforming as the average politician in this country. Best of luck to him if he gets the seat and I hope he proves me wrong.

I don't think he's cynical at all, because that suggests a level of intelligence. He's simply a puppet for the local party elders who wouldn't have got elected themselves so they had to find someone to mould in their own image. Maybe it's a good thing he got elected as I can't see him doing anything between now and the next election and hopefully the electorate will also see that and let him know exactly what they think of him then.

No need to tell other posters that their comments aren't needed tbh.
    When somebody makes a comment about somebody joining the Nazi party, f ucking right I'll tell them.

Ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Do you also react this way when someone is referred to as a grammar Nazi? Honestly the faux outrage is wearisome. It was a comment made in jest.
    Zaph wrote:
    I don't think he's cynical at all, because that suggests a level of intelligence. He's simply a puppet for the local party elders who wouldn't have got elected themselves so they had to find someone to mould in their own image. Maybe it's a good thing he got elected as I can't see him doing anything between now and the next election and hopefully the electorate will also see that and let him know exactly what they think of him then.
    Fair point, though I do think he is quite clever. Nobody gets to his position, especially at his age, without having something going on up there, no matter how well he is being managed by the puppet masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

genericguy wrote: »
    This is a man that joined ff as batt o keeffe was fleecing teachers, and he a teacher himself. Told my father he didn't believe in FF but that "you do what you need to do", then fooked off in a huff slating FF when they chose a slicker bloke over him. He'd join the nazi party if he thought it would guarantee him a seat, salary and pension.

ahemm , below the belt:(

Coppinger, Chambers and Burton elected on the 5th count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Coppinger in, Burton and Chambers elected without reaching quota

Ruth finishes second, some achievement when it look like she was struggling for the last seat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am happy Burton kept her seat. Not happy with Ruth Coppwhinger getting in, but a positive that Donnelly did not. IMO
    Leo V has never delivered for me...was going to say talks a good game, but he doesn't even do that.

I just want stability in our Government. But not sure what we have now! Really don't want to be back voting in a couple of months.

Advertisement