Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Larbre34 wrote:
    That letter is extraordinary. Why would ordinary folk want to involve themselves in local political groups if this is the nonsense that goes on - i refer to both the writing of the letter as well as the allegations within it.

In fairness not all political groups are so.. corrupted by the promise of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Fine Gael received a hand delivered copy last week and deemed it 'Too hot to handle'. They knew about everything already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭AlanG

Gaspode wrote: »
    How did you know who voted??

We have to check ID so know what age people are. Lots of people talk to you to say they are going in to work and often where, or they are wearing uniforms/ID etc. When I ask people are they familiar with the voting system the often said "No, I only voted at the marriage referendum."

On the other hand there were lots of other people coming in who vote all the time (some of the poll clerks and presiding officers have been in the same venue for years) , a considerable number of these people needed assistance reading the paper due to challenges with literacy, but they still vote.

Obviously we don't know who people voted for (except for the surprisingly large number of people who announce who they will vote for hen getting their ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

where is the letter viewable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Larsso30 wrote: »
    where is the letter viewable?

Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

Larsso30 wrote: »
    where is the letter?

It was on Twitter. #dubw all very bizarre. Rumours someone will be brought in for questioning this week. Hard to imagine FF will want to publicise this, but appearently they are very angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

January wrote: »
    It's under an account named Patrick H. Deering.

It's look like they have deleted or hidden the letter tweets

SidKelly wrote: »
    It was on Twitter. #dubw all very bizarre. Rumours someone will be brought in for questioning this week. Hard to imagine FF will want to publicise this, but appearently they are very angry.

In fairness Sid, if there is any truth that election posters were sought from two different printers in 2014 to avoid detection of an over spend during the LEA, you'd hardly think FF would want to publicise it?

All the NAMA stuff in that letter is bizarre and I've never heard of it so if peoples names are being dragged through the mud like that, then its wrong and they should have an opportunity to clear their names.

The real problem for FF is that if one of the allegations is true, then all of the allegations must be dealt with.

I'd be only too happy to help the Gardai with their inquiries and give my view of that letter and I would hope every member or previous member would do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SidKelly

In fairness Sid, if there is any truth that election posters were sought from two different printers in 2014 to avoid detection of an over spend during the LEA, you'd hardly think FF would want to publicise it?

All the NAMA stuff in that letter is bizarre and I've never heard of it so if peoples names are being dragged through the mud like that, then its wrong and they should have an opportunity to clear their names.

The real problem for FF is that if one of the allegations is true, then all of the allegations must be dealt with.

I'd be only too happy to help the Gardai with their inquiries and give my view of that letter and I would every member or previous member would do the same.

I never said it had anything to do with you Chuck. I'm posting what I've heard in my workplace which is in Dublin 15. I was told someone will be brought in for questioning this week. That's all I was told.

SidKelly wrote: »
    I never said it had anything to do with you Chuck. I'm posting what I've heard in my workplace which is in Dublin 15. I was told someone will be brought in for questioning this week. That's all I was told.

Well with all due respect, there has been insinuations on here that somehow I or anyone I'm associated with is behind it and I am only too happy to repeat that we're not and have no actual motivation to do that. We don't like the actions and things we seen in the last few years but we don't put together a letter like that. we took enough anonymous abuse from the Shinners over the years to then do it to someone else.

I'm not behind that Twitter account either - based on my employment (IT), I wouldn't be so silly to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Must find this letter... Must...

Keyzer wrote: »
    Must find this letter... Must...

Where have you been?:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Everyone must be expecting another election very soon, not much evidence of posters coming down anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Zaph wrote: »
    Everyone must be expecting another election very soon, not much evidence of posters coming down anywhere.

It was weird around Mulhuddart this morning. Some were gone but others from the same party on neighbouring poles were still up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lets hope anyone who got less than a thousand votes does the decent thing and pulls out of the race so the votes can go somewhere useful.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Is that not what PR is for? :pac:

It was weird around Mulhuddart this morning. Some were gone but others from the same party on neighbouring poles were still up.

Different crews taking them down. Each crew hasn't a clue who the other is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Jack chambers is gone from around my way anyway as is tj clare. Ruth david Joan and Paul still up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

January wrote: »
    Jack chambers is gone from around my way anyway as is tj clare. Ruth david Joan and Paul still up.

New Jack Chambers posters would have to be printed anyway, they will have to say "Jack Chambers TD".

Ruth, David, Joan and Paul posters could very well remain the same :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

JoyPad wrote: »
    New Jack Chambers posters would have to be printed anyway, they will have to say "Jack Chambers TD".

You can't be a member of a dissolved parliament so anyone who puts TD on their posters is wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

athtrasna wrote: »
    You can't be a member of a dissolved parliament so anyone who puts TD on their posters is wrong ;)

If you're ballsy enough to put Bachelor's Degree in Medicine in your LinkedIn profile, what's a couple of letters on a political poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Different crews taking them down. Each crew hasn't a clue who the other is:D

A lot of posters gone this evening but a good chunk of the cable ties left on the poles unfortunately so another half arsed job carried out by our local politicians!

And strangely, one of the giant sized Copping posters that had come off its mooring over the weekend has been re-attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I promised myself I'd not bite where 'the letter' is concerned but on reflection if some of the allegations made are correct they would have implications for the party in question never mind the candidate.

It would churn up many of the issues that the last 5 years seem to have wiped away, possibly prevent the formation of a government given how toxic the party might be and have a significant impact on the results of a subsequent election.

Either it's a complete groundless allegation and if that's the case those behind it should be punished OR the media are afraid of litigation and there are some 'Woodard & Bernsteins' working away to blow the lid off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

JoyPad wrote: »
    If you're ballsy enough to put Bachelor's Degree in Medicine in your LinkedIn profile, what's a couple of letters on a political poster?

Is that for real? What 25 yr old has a degree in medicine as well as law and opolitics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is that for real? What 25 yr old has a degree in medicine as well as law and opolitics.

Not that one anyway.

Sure Bertie let on he was an accountant for years.

He dropped out of medicine during or after second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

So he doesn't have a medical degree? What about the law one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So he is a liar, great start to his career as a TD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ha what's new about that he has no qualms about lying.

• Advertisement

Rosser wrote: »
    So he doesn't have a medical degree? What about the law one?

That's real.

I think it's called being economical with the truth.

Advertisement