Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin West General Election - SEE MOD NOTE POST 19.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,299 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hilarious watching all the ultra feminist lunatics and pro abortion crowd losing their **** over Jack Chambers. Guys only been elected a few days and not done anything except have pro Life views like the majority of the country. But he doesn't agree with their Liberal views so they just attack his appearance and family. The Left wing really are pathetic in this country.

I dont know who this Alison Spittle is, but what a suprise she is a fat female "comedian" ultra feminist blogger, who spends her days on twitter and tumblr. No doubt it would be "misogny" to point this out. But young Jack is fair game for all sorts of insults, and total idiots like Coppinger get a free ride.
    Considering you vote for Ruth "Nationalise Dell" Coppinger, I wouldn't start wowing. A total moron, as are her mob who spend their time attacking Gardai shouting peaceful protest.

I'm not entirely sure why you thought that posts like this would be acceptable in this forum, but maybe when your ban expires you will be a bit more civil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Guys only been elected a few days and not done anything except have pro Life views like the majority of the country.

If only there was some way to determine what the majority of the country actually think...

I guess we'll never know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Considering you vote for Ruth "Nationalise Dell" Coppinger, I wouldn't start wowing. A total moron, as are her mob who spend their time attacking Gardai shouting peaceful protest.

I'm not sure how you know who I voted for on my ballot paper but just to correct you Ruth Coppinger didn't even get a preference from me. I'll wow away though. There's absolutely no need to bring anyone's weight into a discussion like that, just as there's absolutely no need to bring Jack Chamber's appearance into discussion.

It's absolutely fine to be Pro Life, just as it's absolutely fine to be Pro Choice, the problem lies with Jack's absolute reluctance to even let the public decide by referendum on repealing the 8th. It's anti-democratic and unfair to women and couples everywhere who may be experiencing FFA or other pregnancy related crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Don't leave us hanging, not asking you to name anyone but any suspects returned?

:pac::pac::pac: you can be sure there was some matches alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭RoiSoleil

Saw this on Reddit this evening (credit to u/conwaco). Thought it might amuse some of you.

If Irish political parties were chocolate bars.

Fianna Fail/Fine Gael - Twix. My favourite Twix bar is the left one. No they're not the same, don't be stupid. Look, the left one is entirely different from the right one, don't be fooled by the fact that they're the same size and shape and sold in the same packet. Yes, my father's favourite was also the left one, what's that got to do with it?

Sinn Fein - Daim. A thin veneer of sweetness covering a hard, inflexible centre. You used not to be able to buy them here but they seem to be in everything now. Splinters easily under pressure.

Labour - Milky Way. Looks like a big, solid Mars bar on the outside but is actually entirely made up of a gooey, weak froth that melts under the mildest heat. Now in treat size.

AAA-PBP - Picnic. A load of random ****e roughly piled together and thinly coated with chocolate to give the vague appearance of being a cohesive whole. May contain nuts.

Social Democrats - Bounty. Multiple bars per packet. Packed full of lovely clean, white policy as yet unsullied by the outside world. Contents nevertheless seem a bit flaky.

Green Party - Wispa. Used to be a big deal but disappeared due to lack of demand, then brought back by a grassroots campaign. A bit bubbly.

Renua - Hershey's: American-style chocolate that nobody here can stomach. Tastes like ****e. Strangely sweet but with a terrible aftertaste. Would have been popular 30 years ago.

Independents - Revels. A variety of shapes and sizes, but you never know quite what you're going to get until you bite into them. Need to be kept tightly wrapped up in their packaging or they'll spill out all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

RoiSoleil wrote:
    AAA-PBP - Picnic. A load of random ****e roughly piled together and thinly coated with chocolate to give the vague appearance of being a cohesive whole. May contain nuts.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Where have you been?:pac:

Not here evidently...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Keyzer wrote: »
    Not here evidently...

Rhetorical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Any of Ruth Coppinger crew on here? Posters still up all over the place.

fixmystreet.ie, for all your election poster reporting needs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

If there's any O'Gorman ones up send me a PM - think we got them all (and a heap of extra free cable ties!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Rathborne has loads of Coppinger posters and a couple of Donnelly ones still in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

AGC wrote: »
    Any of Ruth Coppinger crew on here? Posters still up all over the place.

There were loads up around my way yesterday but around 5 or 6 that evening I saw a crew remove them, and actually take the cable ties with them so happy with that.

Chamber's still had a big massive one on the fencing on the N2-N3 road as of 7am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Gaspode wrote: »
    Rathborne has loads of Coppinger posters and a couple of Donnelly ones still in place.
    On Thursday I emailed Donnelly about 3 posters in Carpenterstown. I attached a screenshot of Google Maps where I marked the locations. They were gone that night.

After reading about a cyclist getting a puncture from a cable tie (not in D15) I picked up a bunch between Dr Troy Bridge and Riverwood. It's quite disrespectful that so many cable ties are left behind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

daymobrew wrote: »

After reading about a cyclist getting a puncture from a cable tie (not in D15) I picked up a bunch between Dr Troy Bridge and Riverwood. It's quite disrespectful that so many cable ties are left behind.

If a new election is called we must start a campaign that these are removed and disposed of properly
    - a facebook campaign
    - plus saying it to every canvasser you see (I am think of all at Clonsilla station)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's actually harder to remove a poster without the cable ties. There was a suggestion a while back that the cable ties should be branded to see who's at fault but it was rejected as too expensive. I suspect I know what groups are leaving them behind, unlikely to be the big parties whose postering teams are well practiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

athtrasna wrote:
    It's actually harder to remove a poster without the cable ties. There was a suggestion a while back that the cable ties should be branded to see who's at fault but it was rejected as too expensive. I suspect I know what groups are leaving them behind, unlikely to be the big parties whose postering teams are well practiced.

Some of the parties with cash to burn pay groups to put up and take down the posters.. I don't think they care so much!

Was just out and had a good look to see if there were any posters still up, and to be fair to all concerned while they may have been a bit slow to get them down I didn't see any remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Zaph wrote: »
    Was just out and had a good look to see if there were any posters still up, and to be fair to all concerned while they may have been a bit slow to get them down I didn't see any remaining.
    Ourside our area, I saw a few on both sides of the Liffey (FF generic near Croppy Acre, Mary Lou McDonald further into the city, then some Mary Fitzpatrick on Victoria Quay.

There is a David McGuinness poster on westbound Carpenterstown Road (between Burnell Park Avenue and roundabout outside shopping centre). His website is down so I cannot contact him via that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you want his email address PM me, otherwise I'm sure chucknorris will see it and get it sorted asap.

• Advertisement

All sorted, thanks.

The only one remaining now is at Tractamotors.

All sorted, thanks.

The only one remaining now is at Tractamotors.

There's one still high up on a lamp post at the entrance to the Carlton Hotel at Tyrrelstown.

There's one still high up on a lamp post at the entrance to the Carlton Hotel at Tyrrelstown.

I must have missed that one - thanks for the heads up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hey dont be telling him, ring the litter warden instead!! :)

Gaspode wrote: »
    Hey dont be telling him, ring the litter warden instead!! :)

:D Joan Burton's posters are everywhere but I doubt she'll be getting any fines. It's just the way Ireland works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

:D Joan Burton's posters are everywhere but I doubt she'll be getting any fines. It's just the way Ireland works.

Is anyone ever fined for either putting them up early or taking them down late? The councils always talk the talk about fining them but do they ever follow through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is anyone ever fined for either putting them up early or taking them down late? The councils always talk the talk about fining them but do they ever follow through?

Yes they do. Some councils are more proactive than others.

I don't recall Fingal ever fining anyone, but if they did, imagine the funds available to them to give out monies to sports clubs and volunteer groups and the like. At €150 a poster, that would be serious money.

And it's not for lack of posters being reported to them either.

• Advertisement

And it's not for lack of posters being reported to them either.

Some people are just more equal than others.

Advertisement