Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given an infraction I feel was unjustified

Options
  • 23-02-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi I was given a warning earlier today for using a racial slur but originally I was scratching my head as to what it was I said that was interpreted as being racist. It was only after I was infracted later on for using the word again and for ignoring the mod instruction after I continued the discussion that I realised what it was. I used the word "abo" on 2 or 3 occasions when referring to the aboriginals and I wasnt of the impression that it was an offensive term merely a shortening of the word aboriginal for handiness which is certainly what I was using it as similar to the word Brits or Dubs are used to describe British people and Dubliners respectively.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi,

It is indeed an offensive slur.

Infraction upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement