Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog chasing other animals

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

I think ye all need to stop. OP has already stated she is getting him neutered (my apologies Op I hadn't read that myself earlier) and a rescue will re-home him for her. She is doing what she feels is best for the dog and actually coming on here for help and advise.I often feel that people are being judged by what someone else has done before that again and again and again. Yet, every circumstance is different and I feel most are too harsh here. She's trying. Many a person would have brought the dog to the next pound or put him down like that in capable vet was suggesting. >grmpf<

• Registered Users Posts: 25 buppydogs

The point he was making was cats kill. Does it make them
    Bad cats? No. If your dog is killing animals and destroying livelihoods then YOU HAVE FAILED THE DOG AND ARE NOT FIT TO OWN A DOG.

It's your fault. All yours. Not your dogs. Excuses are for losers. Excuse after excuse changes nothing. Make all the excuses you like but at the end of the day, you have the dog that you reared, and now the dog is going to be taken away from the only family he's known (although hell be much better off) because you failed him. And dress that up as him being boisterous all you like, the poor dog is the one who I feel sorry for.

I'm obviously not as crazy as you are. I have given the information and you have made the stupid statements like 'excuses are for losers' ?? What age are you 4? ? I dont have excuses, I have a real life with real problems. I think you and lots of others are failing and fooling yourselves with criticising my post. It's you who didn't read the question and if you don't understand my statement regarding response to the intellectual response about ''bad'' animals your simply not intelligent. Thanks for all your bullying, I'm out of here, have appointment with my vet tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

buppydogs wrote: »
    I'm obviously not as crazy as you are. I have given the information and you have made the stupid statements like 'excuses are for losers' ?? What age are you 4? ? I dont have excuses, I have a real life with real problems. I think you and lots of others are failing and fooling yourselves with criticising my post. It's you who didn't read the question and if you don't understand my statement regarding response to the intellectual response about ''bad'' animals your simply not intelligent. Thanks for all your bullying, I'm out of here, have appointment with my vet tomorrow.

No, what you have is a 6 year old dog that's high energy that you can't be bothered to walk, exercise, enclose, bring inside or erect stair gates. you're excusing all this with "I have a baby" "I have a 5 year old" "I have an illness". Fact is, you haven't even bothered to neuter the dog. You're defending posters who agree with you as they're allowed have opinions but everyone else is being childish, or being rude.

Yea, you do have a "real life", and there is a living breathing real life animal that you've let down. Stop making excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe not, but I can spell. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Ok so I've the entire thread ... Twice..

Op grow a pair of balls either stand up to your pet owner responsiblity ie neuter him, contain him etc... Or rehome him properly and NOT through adverts and done deal!

You have had this fog 6 years invested no proper time in him, this shouldn't be about you .. It's about what's best for the poor dog - try and rehome him via a rescue centre or the right channels!

Putting him to sleep - well if you do this you can have his death on your conscious - as its all directly your fault and as far as I read you done NOTHING to rectify the situation!

Now please put more effort into finding he poor dog a decent home than posting nonsense about why your not bothered!

The only thing suffering here is your dog - stop in thinking about yourself!

Ps : your vet is taking aload of crap - please educate yourself ... Google is a great invention!

• Advertisement

Tomorrow.. ?? Wow that's great yours dog given you 6 years and you give him days?? And it's all your own doing.... Hope you can sleep easy at night op!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

cocker5 wrote: »
    Tomorrow.. ?? Wow that's great yours dog given you 6 years and you give him days?? And it's all your own doing.... Hope you can sleep easy at night op!!

I think she means she has an appointment to neuter the dog tomorrow rather than pts (at least I hope that's what she means!), OP can you confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thanks for all your bullying, I'm out of here, have appointment with my vet tomorrow.

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means, that your getting him put down? Because there's absolutely no need for this. What you stated earlier in the thread, that you are getting him neutered and a rescue is helping really is the way to go. Sorry if I took it up wrong but if not, please do reconsider. There's no need for this dog to die.
    As for the bullying, yes a lot of posts can and do come across this way, but you have to see it as an attack on general dog ownership in general and not just on you personally. A lot of people here would be involved in rescue and seen situations like this over and over again and would be sick of people not getting the message. Yes circumstances change, things happen and sometimes it is the pets that suffer due to this, but a lot of the time people use the whole changing circumstances thing is used as the same excuse time and time over for getting rid of an unwanted pet. I'm not for a minute accusing you of this op, but it happens a lot. people don't realise how big a dog gets, they didn't put in time to train and ended up with an unruly adult and just want rid so suddenly a new house or a new job will be the 'reason' behind rehoming. So I'm sure you can see why people take the chance to jump at someone online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I think part of the problem is that the OP is being defensive and rude instead of actually taking responsibility and its grinding peoples gears further.

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I think she means she has an appointment to neuter the dog tomorrow rather than pts (at least I hope that's what she means!), OP can you confirm?

Impression I got was not neutering.. The other! Tranceypoo I hope to god your right! For the poor dogs sake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Guys I need your help also. I got a new goldfish last week and I just haven't the time anymore for my 9 year old King Charles. Like she expects me to feed her twice a day and let her outside to wee! And I'm expected to walk her as well!!!! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I would to use the word 'bad' to describe anything! So you've written an essay based on your own imagination.
    Also I don't care of he's called back yard breed or anything else, it doesn't insult me (I think you mean for it to?) clearly I don't put my passion and enthusiasm into the same things as you . Oh and last but not least a cat can't kill someone's livelihood, (certainly not my neighbours sheep as in my situation) but my dog can! That's what the problem is as opposed to your comparison on other animals such as cats killing other wildlife-irrelevant but thanks for such enthusiasm!! It's great to see.

I find it highly ironic that you accuse others of being rude, when that is all that you have been to other posters.

I didn't call him a back yard breed, I said the type of dog you have was created by back yard breeders, who cross two dogs, put a posh name on them and sell them for a lot of money. No health testing done etc. All they are interested in is selling puppies for money. As such, he will be desirable to a back yard breeder to perpetuate it, and dogs owned by such people don't have a happy life.

My point about the cat is that I don't, and never have, understood why dogs are held to a higher moral code than other animals, he is a dog, if he can get out and there are sheep nearby then yes, he will chase and possibly kill, because he is a dog. That is why it is your responsiblity as the owner to contain and train him, a responsiblity that you appear to have failed miserably with. But you don't come across as unintelligent, so I'm sure you know all of this, and its your guilt about failing the dog that is making you so belligerent.

Sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit you know ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Floods of reported posts and no time right now to deal with things.
    Thread closed pending review

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay.
    Where to start.
    Buppydogs, I too hope beyond hope that your visit with the vet tomorrow is to have the dog neutered prior to handing him over to a rescue. I think you know that he doesn't need to be put to sleep, but carefully rehomed by one of the two rescues you mentioned earlier in the thread. The means by which to rehome him are at your fingertips... I hope you accept the help.
    I do feel, on balance, that some posters were a bit hard on you. That's not okay.
    Others made assumptions which turned out to be wrong. That's not okay either, but there is the caveat that you were drip-feeding information.
    Some gave you the blunt truth. without being rude, but which was uncomfortable to hear: that's okay, it's a discussion forum and people are entitled to their opinions as long as they communicate their opinions respectfully.
    But unfortunately, instead of reporting posts you took issue with, as is a site-wide requirement, you took matters into your own hands and caused yourself even more grief by becoming pretty rude and defensive. It was nick or nothing that you got an infraction or ban because of that, but because some others were pretty rude to you, and because you've a very low post count and are perhaps not as au fait with the rules as others, I have hesitated to action your posts.
    However, I will be keeping an eye on things should you decide to post here again.
    To the one or two others who took things too far, bear in mind that losing the rag with others is not the way to make yourself heard by them, and causes threads to go berserk. You can make your point without becoming offensive and judgemental. The person you feel anger towards is far more likely to accept and act upon your advice if you present it calmly and respectfully.
    To those who reported the thread (there were a few), thank you. This is how these things are meant to be done.
    Thread remains closed because there's just no point in re-opening it.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement