Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Mural of Tipp hero's

Options
2»

Comments

Coincidentally, both Charlie Swan and George Osborne's great grandmother, Kathleen Whitfield, were born at Modreeny House.
    I worked for the Swans for years, and heard many interesting stories, but not that George Osborne was a relative.

Nobody ever mentioned that man of dubious repute!

Are you sure the great-grandmother was born at Modreeney?

I assume she was Theresa's grandmother as I don't believe Donald Swan had any Tipp connection.

I got the impression Donald Swan bought Modreeney quite by accident.

I would have sworn it wasn't inherited..?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Music............Frank Patterson.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Coincidentally, both Charlie Swan and George Osborne's great grandmother, Kathleen Whitfield, were born at Modreeny House.

Dragging the thread off topic a bit but some of George Osbournes ancestors are also buried in the Osbourne Crypt in Killaloan cemetary outside Clonmel afaik

Advertisement