Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Opening day Offer

Options
  • 23-02-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Paddy Power take on big guns in day one offer

BY RACINGPOST.COM STAFF 5:46PM 23 FEB 2015

PADDY POWER have taken their traditional Cheltenham Festival day one offer even further this year by offering money back on all losing bets if either short-priced favourites Douvan or Un De Sceaux win their respective races.

Douvan is currently the firm's 7-4 favourite for the opening Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle, while stablemate Un De Sceaux is 4-7 for the Racing Post-sponsored Arkle. The firm are offering money back as a free bet on all bets up to £50/€50 per customer per race.

Paddy Power said: "The Tuesday of the festival is already the scariest day for us with Willie-mageddon on the cards and these unbelievable offers just make it a little bit worse."

Ruby Walsh, rider of both hotpots said: "They're both rock solid and two of my best for the week, maybe they're trying to put people off backing but I wouldn't put you off, and if I was a bookie there's not a sniff I'd be taking them on like this. Paddy must hate money - I hope he's cleaned out!"

Should either or both of the offers come in, it will complete a bookie-bashing four-in-a-row. Last year Paddy Power refunded losing bets on the second, third and fourth placed horses in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, in 2013 they offered money back all losers if Hurricane Fly won the Champion Hurdle and in 2012 offered the same when Sprinter Sacre won the Arkle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Not as good as other years' special but not bad.
    Cant see past the front 2 in the betting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Will be L'ami Serging the balls off Paddy Power :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

How long does this apply for?,thinking Vatour is a nice little bet to take on his stable mate at 12s in the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Caveat Emptor PP still ante post, I am holding fire. Got burned by them before

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They are NRNB now as most bookies are now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

They are also doing money back all losers on 2 races for the 1st day in shop.
    Doubt if they will be Cheltenham races but pretty good all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Paddy Power take on big guns in day one offer

BY RACINGPOST.COM STAFF 5:46PM 23 FEB 2015

PADDY POWER have taken their traditional Cheltenham Festival day one offer even further this year by offering money back on all losing bets if either short-priced favourites Douvan or Un De Sceaux win their respective races.

Douvan is currently the firm's 7-4 favourite for the opening Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle, while stablemate Un De Sceaux is 4-7 for the Racing Post-sponsored Arkle. The firm are offering money back as a free bet on all bets up to £50/€50 per customer per race.

Paddy Power said: "The Tuesday of the festival is already the scariest day for us with Willie-mageddon on the cards and these unbelievable offers just make it a little bit worse."

Ruby Walsh, rider of both hotpots said: "They're both rock solid and two of my best for the week, maybe they're trying to put people off backing but I wouldn't put you off, and if I was a bookie there's not a sniff I'd be taking them on like this. Paddy must hate money - I hope he's cleaned out!"

Should either or both of the offers come in, it will complete a bookie-bashing four-in-a-row. Last year Paddy Power refunded losing bets on the second, third and fourth placed horses in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle, in 2013 they offered money back all losers if Hurricane Fly won the Champion Hurdle and in 2012 offered the same when Sprinter Sacre won the Arkle.
    Ladbrokes are offering money back on any horse that finishes second to one ridden by Ruby Walshe,so it is worth punting with them if one fancies anything not ridden by Ruby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

PP are refunding stakes if you had a bet on the losing Ruby Accum today!
    Not sure if it's online or not but it deffo applies to shops.

Advertisement