Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this normal for an instructor?

2»

Comments

I wish I could PM you a recommendation for my old instructor - she was absolutely brilliant. It's been a few years and I've since lost her number though.

But absolutely do change instructors. I ended up going through 2 others before I found her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 im6foot4

kell15432 wrote: »
    I inquired before about how much driving id get before and they literally said if I don't like it I can go with someone else.

I'm not a driver myself, but such a hostile reply to a genuine question would have me seeking out a new instructor.

Best of luck in the future anyway, I'm sure it will all work out for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So I'd prefer not to have go through the hassle of changing
    When you fail the test due to an incompetent instructor, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't.
    but is there any polite way for me to mention the phone situation?
    Why bother? Just change. It seems the sh|te instructors are loving this 12 lesson thing, as they rope you in for "two free lessons" for a guaranteed €300 off ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_killer

Galadriel wrote: »
    I just PM'd you a great driving instructor I used before, believe me I went through many dodgy ones before I found one good one.

Hi Galadriel,

I have my exam in two weeks time, can you PM the instructor details?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

greyc wrote: »
    I've just PMd you a guy as well, could be the same as the one the others gave you as he seems to get a good few recommendations from Boards. He's very good and certainly won't mess you about like your current one. She just seems really awful. If I was you I'd definitely report her.

I think it's the same guy alright as you originally PM'd me his number, so thanks again for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 shirazhyder84

Can I please have the number as well Galadriel.

Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

Are driving instructors regulated? Like, is there a system in place for reporting blatant, incompetent chancers whose only interest is to fleece vulnerable and naive learners of their money?

Advertisement