Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Custom PC Site

Options
  • 24-02-2015 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I bought my first custom PC from Custompc.ie but recently the pc I had bought off this site broke so I'm looking to buy a new one as I am clueless when it comes to building it myself but the pricing on that site has rocketed and I will be saving a long time to get a new PC so my question is, Is there other websites/places where I can get a custom PC in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Swampfire wrote: »
    I bought my first custom PC from Custompc.ie but recently the pc I had bought off this site broke so I'm looking to buy a new one as I am clueless when it comes to building it myself but the pricing on that site has rocketed and I will be saving a long time to get a new PC so my question is, Is there other websites/places where I can get a custom PC in Ireland

We don't like to speak of that place you bought your pc.

Hardwareversand.de they have an option to build it and ship to Ireland. We will help you pick parts. Hundreds of euro cheaper than that place you mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Before jumping to a new pc it might be worth trying to figure out what's wrong with to Ur current one, if for mouthing else you may be able to reuse some of the parts.

Do you know what the specs of your current one? Can you describe what isn't working, the symptoms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Swampfire

My current one has been acting up for the last few months it has been in and out of repair. The issues im having is that my pc will fail to start windows, it blue screens, everytime I start it up I have to do a system restore on it that sometimes doesn't work too. the last 3 repair guys said my issues are more then likely hard drive issues and that they can put in a new SSD into it but it will cost me about 600 euro for a 1TB SSD. They all say it would just be best if I went out and got a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You don't need a 1TB SSD. get a smaller one just for windows and essential programs, 64GB would be fine but 128 or 256 better. You can have a normal mechanical hard drive in there too for all your other storage needs.

Yeah I suppose I could do that, but I would still need a new HDD anyway seeing as all the repair guys are saying that all my issues must be coming from that

• Advertisement

Yeah but a new HDD is about 50 quid, not 600 quid! A new SSD would start from around 50 quid too for a 64GB. I'll be honest ,these repair lads don't sound very useful, you've probably already spent a fortune having them look at it only to do nothing but tell you to buy a new PC. I'd be looking into learning how these things work yourself and repair it on your own.

I would love to be able to repair my own pc but I wouldnt know where to start

Google is your friend. We all start somewhere. There'll be loads of videos on youtube too showing you various things. If you need to change a hard drive you can bet your life there'll be a million video's showing you exactly how to t do that., and there'll be more showing you how to install windows onto a new drive.

Whats the specs of your current PC?

My issue is that I don't know much about my PC like if something goes wrong, how do I find out what part has caused the issue, Like take this for example my PSU broke recently, the fifth one my PC has had in 2 years :( I didn't know if my PSU was broken, a cable was loose or had fallen out or my power button was broke

AMD FX Extreme Desktop PC AM3+ *LEVEL 3* - AeroCool RS9 Red Devil
    Processor CPU: AMD FX6100 3.30Ghz 6 Core
    CPU Cooling: Antec Performance Cooling
    Memory: 816B DDR3 1600Mhz Extreme
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99 EVO R2
    SSD Hard Disk: Optional Extra
    Hard Disk 1: 1 Terabyte UDMA600
    Hard Disk 2: Optional Extra
    Optical Drive 1: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter
    Optical Drive 2: Optional Extra
    Video Card 1 Main: ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB
    Video Card 2: Optional SLI / Crossfire Configuration
    Sound Card: 8 Chanel OnBoard Sound
    Wireless: 150 MBPS Wifi Installed
    Operating System: Windows 7 Standard 64 Bit
    Office Software: Open Office Suite PreInstalled
    AntiVirus Software: No AntiVirus Installed - Clean
    Keyboard & Mouse: Optional Extra
    Warranty Period: 2 Year Return to Base Warranty

My issue is that I don't know much about my PC like if something goes wrong, how do I find out what part has caused the issue, Like take this for example my PSU broke recently, the fifth one my PC has had in 2 years :( I didn't know if my PSU was broken, a cable was loose or had fallen out or my power button was broke

AMD FX Extreme Desktop PC AM3+ *LEVEL 3* - AeroCool RS9 Red Devil
    Processor CPU: AMD FX6100 3.30Ghz 6 Core
    CPU Cooling: Antec Performance Cooling
    Memory: 816B DDR3 1600Mhz Extreme
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99 EVO R2
    SSD Hard Disk: Optional Extra
    Hard Disk 1: 1 Terabyte UDMA600
    Hard Disk 2: Optional Extra
    Optical Drive 1: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter
    Optical Drive 2: Optional Extra
    Video Card 1 Main: ATI Radeon HD7770 1GB
    Video Card 2: Optional SLI / Crossfire Configuration
    Sound Card: 8 Chanel OnBoard Sound
    Wireless: 150 MBPS Wifi Installed
    Operating System: Windows 7 Standard 64 Bit
    Office Software: Open Office Suite PreInstalled
    AntiVirus Software: No AntiVirus Installed - Clean
    Keyboard & Mouse: Optional Extra
    Warranty Period: 2 Year Return to Base Warranty

5 Psu in 2 years wtff. Where you get them psu and who put them in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair 5 power supplies in 2 years is one of two things - a shop that's cutting corners by using the crappiest possible components, or a user that keeps replacing them with the same, crappy, cheap as possible parts just to save a few quid (in the very short term).

The fact your original psu died so quick and 4 more replacements died too should turn you off wanting to use sites like custompc forever since the product they sold you wasn't very good in the first place. Apply that to however sold you the 4 replacements too cos they were either very cheap or too low wattage for what you need.

As for your question as to what is wrong when something fails, you can post in here and ask, people will help. That's how you will learn. If you carry on letting someone else do it you never will.

It sounds like swamps bein getting raw dawged.

Pc custom pc, repair shop....

Advertisement