Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vpn

Options
  • 24-02-2015 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

lookin also

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Wilburn

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone know of a great deal for a VPN service?
    cyberghost has a free version but with limitations. you may know about it. shows ads to upgrade. disconnects after 2 or is it 3 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I use Surfeasy. $5 per month for unlimited devices (I use it on my iPad, iPhone and Macbook simultaneously), and you barely even notice a speed decrease. So worth it (and I'm rarely up for paying for internet services).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

PIA - Private Internet Access. buy an annual subscription, has been very reliable when I used it. Don't have a need anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Purevpn. 44USD for a year. You get access to dns and vpn în lots of congres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Depends on what you want/need. I travel and work abroad a lot, and have a prob with Netflix - I`m registered in Ireland but, for example, in France the offer is not the same and VPNs are monitored.

I discovered DNS proxy to be a better solution, setting your DNS as a US, for example, means the Netflix is good. Usually cheaper than VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Cyberghost 5 with free upgrades for 12m reduced to $9.99:

https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=143877&affiliate=29234

Haven't used it so can't vouch for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Furzy wrote: »

I've been using it for 2 years. Mainly for torrents, can't comment on daily browsing or Netflix.
    I am on Vodafone efibre and find I can often get up to 75% of my full speed. A good torrent usually comes down around 2 megabytes (not megabits) per second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Furzy wrote: »

worked for me. just need to wait a week till my current license expires as this is a downgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭terencemc

Hey Guys, Just looking for opinions on the quality of cyberghost. Im in Germany and want to use it for watching GAA on rte/sky.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Just looking for opinions on the quality of cyberghost. Im in Germany and want to use it for watching GAA on rte/sky.
    Cheers

As an aside, if you just want to watch RTE player and things like that, could you use the Hola Unblocker extension? Works great for me for many things, even BBC or ITV.

Check it out and see if it suits your needs. Might save you a few quid.

http://hola.org

Do you use hola abroad? Im in Germany and have had a fair few problems watching RTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

terencemc wrote: »
    Do you use hola abroad? Im in Germany and have had a fair few problems watching RTE...

Have used it in the states, perfectly, when wanting to catch Irish games on RTE player, or anything like that.

I use it in Ireland to watch BBC and ITV, and to get NFL games and such. Also use it in Ireland to get American netflix. Works pretty much anywhere for sites that have country restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭randombar

Just to go back to an old one, I'd stay away from PureVPN, they cancelled my account recently without notice requesting more information.

Anyone having any difficulty watching the GAA abroad on rte player using hola?

It hasn't worked for me the last 2 weeks...

Advertisement