Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food for the Rugby

• 24-02-2015 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not a regular poster here but hoping for some inspiration. Having a group over for the rugby on Sunday and want to cook something for them. We've already had a curry so want to do something different, ideally something that can be served at half time, and most of the cooking/prep done the day before so it's just a case of reheating or simmering away during the first half. Would like to serve with sweet potato wedges if possible, thinking a chilli, but any other thoughts?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

In our house, rugby = chicken wings.

There's a couple of recipes here in the cooking club - coca cola baked chicken wings, or pomegranate sriracha mint wings, or you can go with good ol Frank's hot sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I tried this recipe out recently and it worked a treat

I'm a Franks fan so I replaced the glaze in the vid with some Franks mixed with melted butter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Oh wings sounds like a great idea! Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Cooking Club wants to sort you out for party food. The Cooking Club wants to visit upon you a Wing Coma of epic proportions.

Wings, Ribs & Fried Rice

Sticky Cola Wings

Pomegranate, Sriracha & Mint Wings

Baked Buffalo Wings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Actually - this buttermilk fried chicken & spiced mac & cheese would make excellent match food as well. I can vouch for it being completely delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Chilli is always a good one.
    I like to serve with Rice, wraps, guacamole, sour cream and salsa. People can make their own burritos or eat it from a bowl. Pulled pork is also great eaten the same way.

Nachos with sour cream and salsa to munch on during the game if people are peckish.

F.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

The Cooking Club wants to sort you out for party food. The Cooking Club wants to visit upon you a Wing Coma of epic proportions.

Sticky Cola Wings

I tried these once and they were absolutely gorgeous, but the main revelation came when I didnt know what to do with the onion marmalade you are left with. Well, I had some leftover puff pastry from a different recipe, mixed with some cheese and baked in the puff pastry. Oh sweet Jesus they were something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

This one from the cooking club is also a dish one can make in large quantities and do so quickly and easily. Mainly because you just turf everything into a bowl and blend it to a paste. Leave a load of pork sitting in it over night. Then cook it up when you need it the next day. Super quick. Super easy. And very tasty.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd go for pulled pork wraps. Cook it the night before, whack it in the sauce just before the start. Have all the wraps and salads ready. Half time, dig in. Game on.

DIPS! I always make dips for sporting events. Guacamole - Salsa - and something yoghurt based like cucumber and garlic - are always present - then I usually add three or four others on a whim. Make big tubs of the stuff - get a load of nachoes and the like in. And let people get dipping. I love me some dips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement