Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike - abandoned?

Options
  • 24-02-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Folks, there's been a motorbike parked at the entrance to Charlesland for about a week now. It's on the opposite side of the road to the houses in Charlesland Wood, so it looks a bit odd out on it's own.

Anyone know anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Take the reg and ring the Gardaí. If it's stolen they'll deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

Agreed - thought I'd try here first though - it might just be a Charlesland Wood resident trying to avoid the Apcoa clampers :-)

Most bikes are parked on paths in the estate, rarely in parking spots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Nothing wrong with it being parked up and chained to a pole, except that it is parked on a cycle path. Where do the Gards stick the fine on a motorcycle?

No seriously, it's probable that some poor guy was late getting to the aircoach and has left his bike there. But to ruin my own theory, why wouldn't he just ride all the way to the airport? Is there paid motorcycle parking at DUB?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

If it's chained to a post it's there for a reason, not abandoned. Yes there is parking in Dublin Airport for bikes, most people nip around the barrier into the short term car park and park in a section in there. There's usually a few bikes there.

Where would you stick a fine? Anywhere, but then the wind would just make it magically disappear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

I know the one you mean, I saw a guy on it last week when I was out for a walk. Looked like he was having mechanical problems

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

I phoned the guards about this early last week. Gave them the reg. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    I know the one you mean, I saw a guy on it last week when I was out for a walk. Looked like he was having mechanical problems

I passed at the same time..guy with helmet off talking on phone. .I got the impression it had broke down too...i wonder is it like maritime law and I can lay claim to it.as abandoned. ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

any idea is there anything you can do about some sh*tbox of a car which is parked very badly in a visitor spot for about 2 weeks now without being moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

no idea tbh. if it was a public road I'd say report it as abandoned and the gards would find the owner etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Contact the gards with the reg. If it's stolen they'll want to know where it is. Or it has no insurance they'll be interested if anyone tries driving it! If it's dumped, contact the council.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

any idea is there anything you can do about some sh*tbox of a car which is parked very badly in a visitor spot for about 2 weeks now without being moved?
    Is it clamped :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

Can you PM me the details (where exactly/Reg) and I'll get Petra to look into it - assuming we're talking about Park/Grove.

Advertisement