Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi

Options
  • 24-02-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, silly Q but how do you bring your 1year old in a taxi?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I never have but if I did - http://www.childfriendlytaxi.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You hire a taxi with a carseat... loads of companies do them, carseat is in the boot. Phone the company in advance and ask. Or, you bring your own carseat and seatbelt it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daacy

Thanks for replys, I'll give my taxi company a ring to see if they do,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

To the best of my knowledge, taxis are exempt from the requirement to use a car seat. That's not to say you shouldn't use one, they are far safer.

If you're booking in advance, plenty of companies will be able to provide one. If for whatever reason you end up hailing one and they don't have a carseat, legally you can still use it, hold the child on your lap, and sit in the rear. Obviously this would not be best practice, and if you expected to be using taxis regularly, get a car-seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daacy

Thanks didn't think taxis would supply a car seat, it's really just a once off and the thoughts of carrying our own car seat around for the day doesn't seem doable, I'll contact my local company to see what the story is,
    ectoraige wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, taxis are exempt from the requirement to use a car seat. That's not to say you shouldn't use one, they are far safer.

If you're booking in advance, plenty of companies will be able to provide one. If for whatever reason you end up hailing one and they don't have a carseat, legally you can still use it, hold the child on your lap, and sit in the rear. Obviously this would not be best practice, and if you expected to be using taxis regularly, get a car-seat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement