Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hkc Alarm reset

• 24-02-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi
    I recently moved house. The house is fitted with a Hkc alarm with eircom phone watch,
    This is currently powered down as I don't have either the alarm code or engineers code,

How do I go about getting the alarm up and running again? I only want to use it as a stand alone alarm without the phone watch.The house has been empty for approx 4 years before I moved in

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try defaulting the system using the following method.

Turn off the main power to the panel.
    Open the main control panel and disconnect the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK 1.
    With that link removed power up the panel and follow the on screen instruction re defaulting.
    If the panel powers up armed it may give a message engineer locked. If so you will need an engineer to reset this system for you.
    I will PM you the manual that will give you some more information on this system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi
    I recently moved house. The house is fitted with a Hkc alarm with eircom phone watch,
    This is currently powered down as I don't have either the alarm code or engineers code,

How do I go about getting the alarm up and running again? I only want to use it as a stand alone alarm without the phone watch.The house has been empty for approx 4 years before I moved in

Thank you

If the system is an 6/10 then before powering up remove the digi lead connected from the digi on the back to the front of the board. If there is an issue with the line in the house the control panel when it defaults will remove this from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Foghorn Leghorn

Thanks for the help,
    Going to try this evening to get it going

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Good luck with it. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for the help,
    Going to try this evening to get it going

Most of the devices on these systems are point id.
    Zone hardware needs to be set up for point id.
    Then the devices need to be IDed in the devices menu.
    Any problems let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement