Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW27 Captain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (liv)
    I'm thinking of just captaining him every week. Sure he'll blank the odd one, but I feel that if I just captain him every week, he'll outscore my other picks, who will inevitably back fire as often as they come off!

yeah he'll probably be the highest scoring player points wise between now and the end of the season, so this way means you dont miss out any of his big hauls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Silva (liv)
    yeah he'll probably be the highest scoring player points wise between now and the end of the season, so this way means you dont miss out any of his big hauls

I'm sure if I was really shrewd, and was having a good run of captain picks, I'd think differently. But Ive had an awful run of them recently. Aguero last week was the first one I got right in I don't know how long, so I'm inclined to just stick with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm thinking of just captaining him every week. Sure he'll blank the odd one, but I feel that if I just captain him every week, he'll outscore my other picks, who will inevitably back fire as often as they come off!

Thinking the same
    I've missed most of his big hauls due to switching off him after a 2 pointer
    Think I may persist with him this week again
    You think he is more likely to score big at home to weaker teams BUT as last week showed he may also be protected in those games while they still in Europe SO more chance of 90 minutes in the harder games if ya get me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva (liv)
    I'm going for Aguero. For the following reasons:

1. Liverpool played away in Turkey on Thurs, as opposed to City who played at home on Tues.
    2. City rebound, and they'll have Yaya back to help in this regard.
    3. He's Aguero.
    Add in liverpool played 120 mins

Add in penalty shootout with its inherent mental exhaustment.
    Add in... they lost it.

I think its getting to the stage where I'd be delighted to see any of my rivals without Aguero captain on Saturday morning. Strangely confident on this one
    I remember I had made the calculation for FHFC after his dreadful run of captain picks and data showed that Hazard (and certainly Aguero - he was injured back then but was not far off despite several games less played) returned more pts than his many different choices. And I'm sure that can be said for most of us.

Silva (liv)
    iroced wrote: »
    I remember I had made the calculation for FHFC after his dreadful run of captain picks and data showed that Hazard (and certainly Aguero - he was injured back then but was not far off despite several games less played) returned more pts than his many different choices. And I'm sure that can be said for most of us.

I think I remember that discussion, and it's one of the reasons for my thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

As a risk to make up ground tempted by Walters but have a massive champions cup game so might just go Sanchez

Silva (liv)
    kilburn wrote: »
    As a risk to make up ground tempted by Walters but have a massive champions cup game so might just go Sanchez

This just reminded me about my Champions cup game vs Mr. P!

Think I'll bring in Walters and captain him! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cazorla (EVE)
    kilburn wrote: »

That's boring :P. You're pretty well set up for our match: ADM, Walters, and Benteke vs. Puncheon, BigUselessItalianDonkey, and Defoe doesn't look good on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Need to take risks if I want to finish in the top four of my league so I've brought in Falcao this week and made him captain. Most of my risks this season have spectacularly backfired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

This just reminded me about my Champions cup game vs Mr. P!

Think I'll bring in Walters and captain him! ;)

It's all about Peter Crouch this week :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Silva (liv)
    It's all about Peter Crouch this week :cool:

I sense a double bluff, or at least a hint of seriousness :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Di Maria (SUN)
    Roooooooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Cisse (AVL)
    mark my word's. watch walters for captain. .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Silva (liv)
    No change for me. Capitán Kun y vice capitane Angel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Silva (liv)
    at the moment its on sanchez but I could easily switch to kun before the deadline,head wrecking stuff. A good captain pick will definitely make or break most this gw, i just hope i get through with limited damage so I can WC the following gw still top of my money leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Downing (CPL)
    ADM or Sanchez, hard to call what way this week will go . 12 players so I even have one on the bench ! should make up for a poor captain choice if it goes wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Unsure who to captain. I don't have Aguero but I brought Dzeko in. How likely would he be to get a full 90 mins, I'm thinking Bony may get on instead.

Other options are Sanchez, Ozil, Silva or Walters. I want to build up ground as took a -8 this week rather than field a 7 man team.

Anyone have an opinions? I'm very undecided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero (liv)
    Going to stick with Giroud. He missed some awful chances during the week but at least he was getting in the right positions I suppose. The odd exception aside, Arsenal play so much better with Giroud as their focal point. With such a tight race for those Champions League spots, I can't see Wenger dropping him after one bad game of late. He's arguably their most important player now.

Di Maria (SUN)
    No one fancying Rooney as captain no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Cazorla (EVE)
    No one fancying Rooney as captain no?

The few that had him have already shipped him and most have more pressing concerns this week. If you have him he's a nice differential this week.

• Advertisement

Di Maria (SUN)
    amber69 wrote: »
    The few that had him have already shipped him and most have more pressing concerns this week. If you have him he's a nice differential this week.

I had a few bob spare so I brought him in for Defoe.

Reckon he'll be in midfield with Di Maria behind Falcao but Rooneys on pens so remain hopeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Cazorla (EVE)
    I had a few bob spare so I brought him in for Defoe.

Reckon he'll be in midfield with Di Maria behind Falcao but Rooneys on pens so remain hopeful

I reckon he'll be up top. LVG is under pressure this is a must win for him. It's where the fans want to see him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cazorla (EVE)
    Who voted Walters :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Silva (liv)
    manual_man wrote: »
    Who voted Walters :p

I brought him in and I am slightly tempted by Walters. But on Aguero.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Cazorla (EVE)
    Aguero or Sanchez, really can't decide :( someone convince me of picking one of them, PLEASE!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Cazorla (EVE)
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    Aguero or Sanchez, really can't decide :( someone convince me of picking one of them, PLEASE!!!!!

Easily Sanchez.

Aguero 11/10 to score in 90 mins Sanchez 5/6 and Sanchez obviously also has the advantage of an extra point for scoring and the chance to get a CS point. Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Every ounce of me is saying Aguero but there is this little she-devil on my shoulder whispering....Diii Mariaaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cazorla (EVE)
    Downing or Sanchez? Everyone is picking Sanchez so Downing could be a sneaky option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sanchez or Aguero.

Arsenal aren't guaranteed to score the way their confidence will be, especially with Everton 3 DMs there.

Liverpool have no Lucas, and probably no Sakho.

City will score at least 2 IMO.

Aguero it is.

Cazorla (EVE)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Easily Sanchez.

Aguero 11/10 to score in 90 mins Sanchez 5/6 and Sanchez obviously also has the advantage of an extra point for scoring and the chance to get a CS point. Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

Good enough for me, thanks :) it's obvious but I woukdnt have thought of factoring in the CS point tbh.

I support Liverpool too so I can't really captain Aguero can I? :P

• Advertisement

Cazorla (EVE)
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Sanchez or Aguero.

Arsenal aren't guaranteed to score the way their confidence will be, especially with Everton 3 DMs there.

Liverpool have no Lucas, and probably no Sakho.

City will score at least 2 IMO.

Aguero it is.

Arah fcuk ye lads :( making good points both sides. 12 mins 'til deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Aguero. It's on him. It's staying there, even if the devil Sanchez is tempting me!

Cazorla (EVE)
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Every ounce of me is saying Aguero but there is this little she-devil on my shoulder whispering....Diii Mariaaaaa

I have Di Maria too. I should just captain him to put myself out of my Aguero/Sanchez misery haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ozil (EVE)
    I put it on Cazorla. Was tempted too go with Wollshied for the clean sheet (hopefully) and the differential!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:

Odds aren't everything. Aguero in better form, on pens, and against a tired Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cazorla (EVE)
    On Sanchez. His home form is too good and Arsenal will want to bounce back straight away. I fear Kun tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2 mins,on Aguero but Sanchez is giving me the eye.

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:

Also,
    Those odds assume worst case scenario for the bookies, ie Sanchez starts up front (which he probably won't)
    Aguero will outscore him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Silva (liv)
    jimmii wrote: »
    Aguero way down the pecking order this week imo.

Aguero is top of the pecking order every week when's he's fit imo. He can score well home or away against any opposition as he has consistently proven. Captaining him ahead of Sanchez this week. He's in better form and City will want to bounce back from Barca defeat and keep the pressure on Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Cazorla (EVE)
    spock. wrote: »
    Odds aren't everything. Aguero in better form, on pens, and against a tired Liverpool team.

Well they represent a fairly accurate chance of each playing scoring which is obviously a key factor to consider when deciding on your captaincy and form, penalties and opposition are built into those odds. Only thing that would be misleading would be that Sanchez would be priced as if he is playing upfront which is obviously far from certain.

If you want we can have a side bet on most points Sanchez vs Aguero for the week?

Cazorla (EVE)
    Also,
    Those odds assume worst case scenario for the bookies, ie Sanchez starts up front (which he probably won't)
    Aguero will outscore him.

So you would be willing to lay Sanchez to outscore him at 100/1 thats like me giving you free money when Aguero outscores him.

Cazorla (EVE)
    Aguero is top of the pecking order every week when's he's fit imo. He can score well home or away against any opposition as he has consistently proven. Captaining him ahead of Sanchez this week. He's in better form and City will want to bounce back from Barca defeat and keep the pressure on Chelsea.

The vast majority of the time for sure he's the go to pick this season for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've had it on Alexis all week but yesterday I decided Aguero was a better option after Liverpool's midweek match, and as a blocker since 2nd in my league will captain him. Unfortunately I wasn't in a position to do it, only make a mental note for later. Cue night out and a sleep until 11:30.

Come on Alexis!

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:
    If you want we can have a side bet on most points Sanchez vs Aguero for the week?

Yeah, if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Silva (liv)
    Aguero. Di Maria vice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Moses (HUL)
    Went with Aguero over ings in the end

Cazorla (EVE)
    Yeah, if you want to.

A friendly €50?

I presume not the 100/1 though lol!

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:
    A friendly €50?
    Deal.
    jimmii wrote:
    I presume not the 100/1 though lol!
    Nah, I'll take it at evens :p

Cazorla (EVE)
    Deal.

Nah, I'll take it at evens :p

Booked!

Makes it a lot more fun with them playing at different times we get twice as long a sweat out of it!

Just out of curiosity if you were a bookies pricing it up what would your prices be? I would be going 4/6 Sanchez 11/10 Aguero.

Moses (HUL)
    jimmii wrote:
    Just out of curiosity if you were a bookies pricing it up what would your prices be? I would be going 4/6 Sanchez 11/10 Aguero.

Hmm... Aguero 4/5 Sanchez 9/10

• Advertisement
Advertisement