Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted Hostel or Bnb Cork Surrounding Area

Options
  • 24-02-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭

Hello

Just wondering has anyone here heard of a haunted hostel or bnb down around the Skibb area. I think it was mentioned it may be around Rosscarbery or on the way into Skibb.

It isn't Russagh Mill.

On the look out for some new spots to investigate. We have done a few now, went to Leap Castle at the weekend but looking for some hard evidence beginning to think maybe someplace like that would have better activity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ghost Team189

Hey milly .Unfortuately not to sure where you thinking off.Have ye done the Eldon hotel??? I had a good nights investigating there .Sorry to hear leap wasint any good .I ben there 5 times had 4 nights with nothing but had loads the last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

It was someone mentioned it to me in passing. I was just thinking they mentioned the woods around the retreat just outside Rosscarbery so thinking the hostel or bnb would be around there too..

Yep we went to Edon that was great. Well nothing in your face but we had a door fly open and a few unexplainable noises.. I am beginning to think if there was any ghost in Leap they are well gone by now. I think it is more of a storey tale now..what happened the last time you were here then

Got 4 evps . Two in the bloody chapel ,one on the balcony and one in the priest house ruins.Are you the cobh crowd or the cork crowd ? saw they were both at leap recently one of them got a good evp cant rember which team.I think newer places are more active ,then castle,forts etc if you think about it if there is something at leap the youngest it will be is prob 100-150 years old

well said yes that would be my trial of thought that eventually it there is something there it must pass on at some stage.. It was us got the interested evp in the back of the priest house.. it was odd two of the lads thought they heard something but nothing very loud, then when we listened back it was a scream very odd altogether, but it never felt scary or anything. The Eldon was a little freaky at some points during the night.. I am with the Cork team (well spotted) there are a few of us not too many though so it is nice.. Just trying to find some new places to go to now

Sorry what came out in your evps then.. was it voices... Was skitting at the Most haunted episode of it..

• Advertisement

The ones in the bloody chapel were hard to tell ,the one on the balcony was like a male just saying no and in the priest house a women saying how could u.At no point did I feel anything on any of the times I was there or anyone I no report anything.U should try westwood house near leap in west cork had a really bad vibe there ,duncannon fort was decent and so was ross castle .Of course st.kevs and Magdalene laundrys and a abandoned convent in passage

oh and carrigaloe house is decent

Interesting the No could be the story with the minder but that was a lady, maybe she had a deep voice.... Culio thank you for them I shall take a look into them there.. Passage can you actually get in there I wouldn't think there is much there, is here? I went to school in the place just in front of it knew some of the nuns there at the time.. we had stories of ghost but nothing out of the ordinary (more than tall tales).. we took a trip to Ross before with Ghost Hunt enjoyed it but didn't find anything might arrange another trip though, duncannon maybe too..

Thanks for all these it shall keep me busy tomorrow

No worries . Hope ye get some more stuff from leap and good luck with future locations

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sorry guys but Leap is far from haunted. Should probably appear on Most Certainly Not Haunted . Ive never been convinced by EVP as I have seen it faked / mistaken too many times. Leap is too windy and to many things to bang off.

Leap has a great lore built around it but no substance. Soz.

I have investigated Blarney though and while its another great place its completely open to the elements so anything captured on audio can not be confirmed.

• Advertisement

That's great

Id agree with most of what your saying riamfada but from my own experience I feel leap has something there but not an active location . As I said we picked up 4 evps which we have examined over and over and there also a different voice level to are own.

Advertisement