Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invoicing without VAT

Options
  • 24-02-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm supplying to a VAT registered company in the UK. I also buy from them on occasion.
    I've invoiced them and included VAT. They've asked me to take the VAT off and have given me their VAT number. Is this ok? They are totally above board and are long established so not concerned at all.
    Not long VAT registered myself so not sure of the procedure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The rules have changed in some cases since Jan 1st: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/moss/index.html

Ask your accountant for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its totally normal we deal a lot with EU companies. Assuming it is a product and not covered by the change in regulations then it should indeed be zero rated. The new regulations regarding services seems like a nightmare so I hope thats not the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

You are obliged to verify that they (your invoicee company/entity) are VAT registered. Eu site down just now but google "eu vat no check" and you can do it in a few seconds!

PS as i understand it, if you are dealing with a VAT registered entity, the new rules are irrelevant!

P :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 msdoc

Thanks. I checked their VAT number yesterday and it was legit.
    It makes sense to do it this way as I'll (hopefully) be invoicing them every month. And they have noted my VAT number so my sales from them will be VAT free as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

msdoc wrote: »
    Thanks. I checked their VAT number yesterday and it was legit.
    It makes sense to do it this way as I'll (hopefully) be invoicing them every month. And they have noted my VAT number so my sales from them will be VAT free as well.

You should also include both your and customer's Vat number on the invoice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

totally normal - and once you know the supplier is using it in connection with their vat registered business its fine.

In case of revenue check at any stage its good to put a delivery tracking number on your records as they may select one or 2 invoices and ask for proof of delivery outside of Ireland.

On your vat return you simply enter it as a intra EU sale.

Advertisement