Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

st james sti clinic

Options
  • 24-02-2015 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, im taking a day off work to go to the sti clinic and my boyfriend can only get a half day from work, can i get 2 tickets allocated in the morning for us both and we both go back then in the afternoon?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say give them a ring and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

http://www.dublinaidsalliance.ie/uploads/Publications/GET%20TESTED%20Guide%20-%20updated%202013.pdf

Here is a total list of STI testing places in Dublin and Ireland. It will be a long wait, so bring a book. I went to another STI clinic and they dont allow tickets to be taken for friends. I know the Mater has an afternoon clinic, but I dont know if its referrals only. Maybe call them for a backup. Also make sure you BF doesnt go to the toilet an hour before you get to the clinic for the urine test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

No you can only get ticket for yourself. You'd want to be there for 7:30am to be sure of getting a ticket in James too.

You can refer yourself for the mater clinic by ringing them and making an appointment, but there's usually a week or two of a wait. All their STI clinics are by referral only, no walk in clinics like James.

Mater clinic is so much nicer then James, (modern facilities, less busy, no hanging about for tickets etc) so I'd definitely recommend it over James if the appointment is just for a check up and not urgent.

Advertisement