Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrance to Dunnes Stores at the Jetland Shopping Centre

• 24-02-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's going on with the road surface between the car-park and the main entrance to Dunne's Stores at the Jetland?

It has had persistant issues over the past couple of years with broken tarmac, pot-holes and traffic-cones and I noticed today that the condition of the road has worsened noticeably with even larger gaping pot-holes in evidence all over the place.

Driving in and out has become something of a pain in the a*se with those traffic cones and holes in the road making it necessary to bob and weave one's way when coming and going.

Surely Dunne's Stores with all their might and wealth could organise once and for all, to have the surface fixed permanently? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not sure the problem there.

Don't mean to hijack your thread either but does anyone know what is going on in the underground. Some kind of works happening just as you go in the entrance by McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Working there myself and driving in and out everyday just used to avoiding it all now at this stage. They only recently got it done before Christmas and now its as bad as ever. With all the money they have spent on a quick fix they could have done it right but sure that would be the wrong decision!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Working there myself and driving in and out everyday just used to avoiding it all now at this stage. They only recently got it done before Christmas and now its as bad as ever. With all the money they have spent on a quick fix they could have done it right but sure that would be the wrong decision!!

If it's Dunne's baby, then they are really showing their stinginess and lack of concern for everyone using their facility. That entrance is nothing short of disgraceful. Amazing they aren't dealing with a few 'twisted ankle' claims at this stage.

The skint Co. Council wouldn't let it disintegrate to that extent in spite of the pressure on their budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

tippman1 wrote: »
    If it's Dunne's baby, then they are really showing their stinginess and lack of concern for everyone using their facility. That entrance is nothing short of disgraceful. Amazing they aren't dealing with a few 'twisted ankle' claims at this stage.

The skint Co. Council wouldn't let it disintegrate to that extent in spite of the pressure on their budget.

Have you spoken to the manager in Dunne's, Jetland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

cnoc wrote: »

No I haven't. I imagine he's very well aware of the condition of the roadway outside their store seeing as it is in this poor condition now for over a year, maybe even longer.

Me going to complain won't make him any further concerned about it. If on the other hand, I made a claim for personal injury or a fall off my bicycle due to the potholes, then maybe he'd take more notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

cnoc wrote: »

Good luck with that one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

If its's that bad shop somewhere else. Or put your claim in.

I agree that it's a disgrace, but complaining anonymously on here about it isn't going to make Dunnes fix it. Raising the issue with a manager or even emailing Dunnes with your concerns and the threat of possible personal injury claims might initiate/speed up repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Just park underground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Good luck with that one!!!

As lovable as ever so is he? I'll assume it's still the same one that's been there for the past few years? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dunnes manager school is my idea of hell, I love the line in John Spillane's song "The Dunnes stores girl"
    And I'd love to stop that clock looking down on her all the time
    Like a jumped up little manager in a suit that doesn't rhyme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

tippman1 wrote: »

Hey,Margeret is keeping that money for better hours and wage enhancements for her beloved workers.

Advertisement