Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyne GP 2015

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Inquitus wrote: »
    The ever green Sean Lally finished in the A3 bunch yesterday, not bad for a man in his 70's!
    I suspect that was just a warm up for the IVCA season starting in a few weeks - he probably was holding back to avoid any accusations of robbing points from the juniors:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

The ever green Sean Lally finished in the A3 bunch yesterday, not bad for a man in his 70's!

Seen him at A3 Patricks Day race summerhill as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seen him at A3 Patricks Day race summerhill as well.

Aye finished in the bunch again, savage for a man of his years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Aye finished in the bunch again, savage for a man of his years.

Ah he is only stretching his legs!
    Expect to get a hiding from him in the Vets over the next few months.

bcmf wrote: »
    Ah he is only stretching his legs!
    Expect to get a hiding from him in the Vets over the next few months.

One more year for me bcmf, make my Vets debut in 2016!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well lenny thought his was going to commence in 2015, but he failed this year's initiative test .....

Beasty wrote: »
    Well lenny thought his was going to commence in 2015, but he failed this year's initiative test .....

He requested a re-evalution of his test scores and he managed to bribe the right official get accepted this time around.

no more nonesense early Feb races for you next year so.

He requested a re-evalution of his test scores and he managed to bribe the right official get accepted this time around.
    Hang on! - he asked me for a reference - have they ignored everything I said?

• Advertisement

Hang on! - he asked me for a reference - have they ignored everything I said?

Yeah they filed it with everything else you send in.
    Apparently their recycling bin is very full this week!

Hope all these wannabee vets understand how it works, and the fact that if they wish to "progress" they must observe certain standards. The main one they need to understand concerns ensuring they respect their elders (as they obviously aspire to such status themselves) and in particular recognise me as their protected rider

Hope all these wannabee vets understand how it works, and the fact that if they wish to "progress" they must observe certain standards. The main one they need to understand concerns ensuring they respect their elders (as they obviously aspire to such status themselves) and in particular recognise me as their protected rider

I thought there was some hoohaa about certain folk riding as a team last year, ex Swords riders causing a Kerfuffle?

I thought there was some hoohaa about certain folk riding as a team last year, ex Swords riders causing a Kerfuffle?
    There was - having said that the one race I won had a certain club attempting to control the race from about 3-4 km out by shoving all their riders on the front of the bunch and slowing it down while another attempted to break

The way the IVCA operates is it's supposed to be every (wo)man for (her)himself with no team tactics allowed. I think what was happening last year was quite blatant but probably no worse than had gone on before.

Equally though I remember a race when I made a break with about 10km to go and built up quite a lead only for a fellow club member to close it down, but that's pretty standard in our club.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Yeah they filed it with everything else you send in.
    Apparently there recycling bin is very full this week!

Ahahahhaaaaaa!

There was - having said that the one race I won had a certain club attempting to control the race from about 3-4 km out by shoving all their riders on the front of the bunch and slowing it down while another attempted to break

The way the IVCA operates is it's supposed to be every (wo)man for (her)himself with no team tactics allowed. I think what was happening last year was quite blatant but probably no worse than had gone on before.

Equally though I remember a race when I made a break with about 10km to go and built up quite a lead only for a fellow club member to close it down, but that's pretty standard in our club.....

Yea. Good old Inquitus himself used to be fond of chasing after team mates!

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Yea. Good old Inquitus himself used to be fond of chasing after team mates!

In the Mark Mullen league on a Monday evening, anyways I was riding for HTC that night, didn't the jersey give it away? ;)

In the Mark Mullen league on a Monday evening, anyways I was riding for HTC that night, didn't the jersey give it away? ;)

Pretty sure that's against the rules wearing pro team kit!

Advertisement