Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iphone 5s or iphone 6?

• 24-02-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hi, am upgrading my phone and have the following options: €49 for iphone 5s 16GB; €99 iphone 6 16gb or €199 for an iphone 6 64gb.

I was initially going to go for the iphone 6 16 gb but is it worth me spending the extra €100 for the extra storage. I have an iphone 4s 16gb and most of my storage is gone on photos. I dont really use a lot of apps apart from ones for the kids. Which one do you think I should go for? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

64gb 6. You will be grateful a year from now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

iphone 6 64GB, Im in same situation but Im going for iphone 5s 64GB mainly because I think the iphone 6 is little big for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go to a shop and handle the 6 and see what you think of the size.

There are a few reviews on YT

I tried to handle both but no shops allow it now apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

DonFred wrote: »
    iphone 6 64GB, Im in same situation but Im going for iphone 5s 64GB mainly because I think the iphone 6 is little big for me.

+1

I upgraded from 5 to 6 and, after couple of months I have decided - I don't like it. You can't cover the whole screen with your thumb, when using the phone with one hand (well at least I can't), so either need to constantly re-position the phone in the palm of your hand (caused me to drop it twice), or use two hands. Can be too awkward in the pocket also.

Will be changing to 5s in next few weeks.

• Advertisement

finally someone agrees with me lol thanks BOOO56718

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

DonFred wrote: »
    I tried to handle both but no shops allow it now apparently.

What??

If you are near Liffey Valley, go into the iConnect store there. They don't sell iPhones but have working versions of them on display that you can play around with.

All tied down in all phone shops and don't have any to show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

One thing that annoys me about phone shops here is that iPhone's are tied down to an inch of their lives. You can get a feel for them. That's why I always buy in Belfast in the Apple Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Thanks for the replies guys-prob go with the iphone 6 64mb just for storage, shame I don't have option to get 5s with the same storage.

• Advertisement

Three do the iphone 5s 64GB, I was in with one today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I have the 5s prefer it over the 6 and 6 plus held the 6 and 6plus in Belfast today in the apple store little bit too big for me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I originally thought the 6 was a bit big but having used it for a few months now I think it's just the right size. I have small hands and although I can't stretch to the top corners, the screen just looks the right size to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

The 6 may have slightly better spec but between the perceived flimsiness and the size I actually bought the 5s over Christmas. Not regretting it either. Size is just right and you feel you have something solid in your hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The 5 is much more suited to your jeans pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

B00056718 wrote: »
    +1

I upgraded from 5 to 6 and, after couple of months I have decided - I don't like it. You can't cover the whole screen with your thumb, when using the phone with one hand (well at least I can't), so either need to constantly re-position the phone in the palm of your hand (caused me to drop it twice), or use two hands. Can be too awkward in the pocket also.

Will be changing to 5s in next few weeks.

You do know that you can bring down the top half of the screen,as shown below, by double tapping the home button, yeah?
    iPhone 6 all the way!

C17D9F44-2242-4F7E-B145-E6C5E1162898_zpslg7y9tb4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭B00056718

blade1 wrote: »
    You do know that you can bring down the top half of the screen,as shown below, by double tapping the home button, yeah?
    iPhone 6 all the way!

C17D9F44-2242-4F7E-B145-E6C5E1162898_zpslg7y9tb4.png

Did it by accident couple of times. Thought it was a glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

B00056718 wrote: »
    Did it by accident couple of times. Thought it was a glitch.

Haha,found out by mistake myself aswell.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

Went through the same dilemma myself. I thought the 6 was too big and was going to get the 5S, however I got to handle a 6 in an Apple store in the UK and it seemed ok, in fact the older iPhones actually seemed too small after handling the 6.

So I did end up going for the 64Gb 6 and I have to say after 3 months of using it that I really do like it. Yes it is bigger, but it is also thinner, which somewhat compensates for the size increase. It is still pocketable (if that's a word) and no it isn't flimsy (bendgate was completely over emphasised) TBH it still feels like a more elegant design than the blocky 4/5 styling. A bit like an improved 3GS, which I always felt was nicer to handle than the 4 or the 5.

Advertisement