Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North East Runners Patsy Kelly 5K 18/04/2015

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

North East Runners 5K (18/04/2015)
    North East Runners are delighted to announce the 4th running of the Patsy Kelly 5K Road Race on Saturday 18th April 2015 @ 6.30 pm. The race sees runners following the route of the old "Harp Lager Road Race” (BHAA Race).
    The race is Athletics Ireland affiliated.
    All runners, jogger & walkers welcome
    Registration online at
    www.precision.net or on the day. Entry online: €15
    Technical T-shirt for all entrants
    Refreshments at finish
    Flat Fast Route (follows the old Harp Lager BHAA route)
    Timing: Chip Timed.
    Prizes:1,2,3 Male & Female and the usual categories and for course record (Peter Brandon 14.46, Anne Marie McGlynn 16.38).

€50 Bonus for Male athletes sub 15.00 and Female athletes sub 16.45.
    Contact Details:
    Paul Gray 087 6455566 or Jim Gonnelly 086 2902029

Garmin http://connect.garmin.com/activity/166740862

2012 Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056571319

2013 Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056891765

2014 Thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057161938

Further info. on Facebook Page "North East Runners Patsy Kelly 5K"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

Did this i 2012, loved it. In 2013 I missed it due to a stag. Did it last year, loved it again and this year ill miss it, again due to a stag

Best 5k race around, it really is excellent and worth travelling for. Very fast course, Weather is usually perfect.

Only issue with last year is the start was very congested. Not being elitist (as I am far from fast myself) but a lot of people who were walking or aiming to finish at around 30 + mins started way too close to the front, meaning there was a lot of weaving in and out at the start.

Still a great run, one of the best goodie bags and tshirts around

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

event wrote: »
    Did this i 2012, loved it. In 2013 I missed it due to a stag. Did it last year, loved it again and this year ill miss it, again due to a stag

Best 5k race around, it really is excellent and worth travelling for. Very fast course, Weather is usually perfect.

Only issue with last year is the start was very congested. Not being elitist (as I am far from fast myself) but a lot of people who were walking or aiming to finish at around 30 + mins started way too close to the front, meaning there was a lot of weaving in and out at the start.

Still a great run, one of the best goodie bags and tshirts around

Thanks Event for the feedback. The start is a problem for most race organisers. We ensured we had chip mats at the start to try and assure people that their time would not start until they crossed the mat. I was on the mic and kept asking people to make sure they were lined up according to their predicted time but unfortunately some just wont listen. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Looking forward to this one, always a great race with some good grub afterwards. We will be trying to beat the NERD's on their home turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

have been looking for a goal 5k race at the right time , this could be the one, did it last year and felt i left a little bit behind me, mis-paced it a bit maybe.. nice race with a great course,big crowds at the start, so il be starting well further forward this year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Might give this a go not a million miles from me, sounds like a great race.

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    Looking forward to this one, always a great race with some good grub afterwards. We will be trying to beat the NERD's on their home turf.

Bring it on PCONN062.

Numbers flying in for this race on Saturday week. Top class field expected with sub 15 minute runners confirmed. Anyone looking for a great club race and looking for a pb this is the race. There will be runners streaming home at all levels so if it is sub 15, sub 16, sub 17 or whatever, that level will be there. Closed roads and super fast course accurately measured and chipped by precision timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Flash_Ah_Ahhh

I think I may enter this, I started my running in Dundalk, it's a very flat town!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Always a great race this one. Missed it last year due to other commitments but will be heading this year. Great fast course and great mix of levels in the field, always a quality race out front.

And a hell of a spread afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sjm1976

Great race organised by runners with ALL profits going to charity.
    Fast course and a mountain of food after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

niall, is there a race pack pick up on friday, as there was last year

woody1 wrote: »
    niall, is there a race pack pick up on friday, as there was last year

Ye Woody1. Same as last year. If you are on FB details will be put up tomorrow. If not, let me know here and I will PM you. Believe it or not the goody bag is even bigger than last years.

Collection 7-9 on Friday night. All other details are the same. You can collect from 2-6 on Saturday also

Advertisement