Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to drawdown

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how long mortgage cheque takes when requested by solicitor ?

Bank is aib and solicitor is also aib - can they just do an electronic transfer ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

For my mortgage with aib and solicitor with aib they did and electronic transfer. I think it took about a week from when the form was submitted but it was for a build so drawing down in stages. Timing might be different for a purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Didn't think cheques were issued these days. Normally, it's by EFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm with EBS and they did a cheque instead of an electronic transfer (this was about 4/5 months ago). It was a pain in the bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I used to get cheques but they were issued to the solicitor who lodged them for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Yeah ours is a purchase plus build . Unfinished hoise so first sum is for purchase

Did your solicitors then use eft to send money to selling solicitor ? Did that take long ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mickman wrote: »
    Yeah ours is a purchase plus build . Unfinished hoise so first sum is for purchase

Did your solicitors then use eft to send money to selling solicitor ? Did that take long ?

Use to take roughly a week from architect's signing the form to money in the bank.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Use to take roughly a week from architect's signing the form to money in the bank.

ok thanks

not so bad. keys next week so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

It can be even quicker; cheque issued on the Tuesday, received and signed on the back on the Wednesday, got call to collect the keys lunchtime Friday

on_my_oe wrote: »
    It can be even quicker; cheque issued on the Tuesday, received and signed on the back on the Wednesday, got call to collect the keys lunchtime Friday

sweet :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

mickman wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Does anyone know how long mortgage cheque takes when requested by solicitor ?

Bank is aib and solicitor is also aib - can they just do an electronic transfer ?

Thanks in advance

In my case it was a cheque issued to my solicitor. Took 4 days, PTSB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Striker10

How long will take release Mortgage funds from AIB after solicitor sent them. My solicitor sent a fax to AIB on Tuesday to release funds on Thursday. AIB received Mortgage protection policy last Tuesday, but AIB are saying that still mortgage protection pending, saying that will take couple of days. How long will take, have anyone experienced this situation? Please advise

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭okeydokeys22

Does anyone know when I would start repaying the mortgage after drawdown?

Would it be that month or the following month?

Also we are still organising the application, what else has to be done before drawdown? How long am I looking at between official application and drawdown?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭okeydokeys22

Does anyone know when I would start repaying the mortgage after drawdown?

Would it be that month or the following month?

Also we are still organising the application, what else has to be done before drawdown? How long am I looking at between official application and drawdown?

Thanks

Anyone? When the funds are released to the solicitor is that when I start repaying or is it after the closing date?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anyone? When the funds are released to the solicitor is that when I start repaying or is it after the closing date?

Repayments start when the funds are drawn down, not at the closing date. The bank gave you the money, you start paying for it at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

First repayment is the first of the month after drawdown for us. Drew down in early November, closed sale a few days later, first payment is 1st of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

First repayment is the first of the month after drawdown for us. Drew down in early November, closed sale a few days later, first payment is 1st of December.

Exact same here. A pisser because we have to pay another month's rent while we have some work done, but it could be worse.

Advertisement