Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flow chart for back to work enterprise?

Options
  • 24-02-2015 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm on job seekers allowance and in the process of applying to be self-employed on the back to work enterprise scheme as an artist. There's forms to fill out and also a flowchart to fill in. I know nothing about flowcharts and I only have vague ideas of how much my paintings will cost etc. anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Not really sure what the flow chart is about so would suggest you talk to the tutor. How do you price an artwork? Try Cost of materials plus hours worked @ say €15 per hour how many can you do a week,
    Can you sell all of them? Or how many can you sell, can you live on what you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

What region are you in? Ive not heard of the flowchart before. In Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown its forms and a Business Plan.
    Contact your Enterprise Officer, they are supposed to be there to help with this kind of thing.
    When it comes to pricing I know its more difficult with paintings but this might help. You kind of have to work backwards from how much you need per year to live (or want). divide that number by 45 (theres 52 weeks in the year but you dont work all of them due to holidays and illness) and that is how much you need to earn a week. So that can kind of help you work out how many you need to sell or how much to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pignut

Thanks so much for the advice terryhobdell and peeps78, really useful info there, I'm a complete beginner so it's very helpful

Advertisement