Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is the Apple store the best place to buy an iPhone 6?

• 24-02-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi, all, please excuse my ignorance but is the Apple i.e. store the best place to buy an iPhone 6.

Ive always been on contract and Ive three months left on my current contract with three. Ive been contemplating buying an iPhone 6 unlocked outright and deciding to go pay as you go after my contract runs out to see if its any cheaper. Also another question, would Three replace my sim for a new one for the new iPhone ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

I bought an iPhone 5s from Apple.ie and I was happy with the service, ordered it on a Friday, got it on the Monday, definitely worth it to know I can use it on any network if I want. Can't speak for 3, but Meteor had absolutely no problem replacing my sim, I wouldn't imagine 3 would have any issue either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yes and yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Hi, all, please excuse my ignorance but is the Apple i.e. store the best place to buy an iPhone 6.

Ive always been on contract and Ive three months left on my current contract with three. Ive been contemplating buying an iPhone 6 unlocked outright and deciding to go pay as you go after my contract runs out to see if its any cheaper. Also another question, would Three replace my sim for a new one for the new iPhone ?

Thanks in advance
    I'd say the Apple Store is probably the best place to buy it. 3 will have no problem replacing the SIM for you. As well as the pay as you go plans, they also have SIM only plans, which are bill pay, but with only a rolling 30 day contract. They are quite a bit cheaper than the normal plans for the same data/Flexi units, so that might be worth considering too. Then you have similar offers from the likes of Meteor etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I buy all my phones from Apple directly!
    Some pay as you go offers are unbeatable!

20 A month for
    Unlimited mobile calls
    Unlimited mobile texts
    5gb Internet
    60 min any time landline mins

No extras or charges or bills in the door! Unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I buy all my phones from Apple directly!
    Some pay as you go offers are unbeatable!

20 A month for
    Unlimited mobile calls
    Unlimited mobile texts
    5gb Internet
    60 min any time landline mins

No extras or charges or bills in the door! Unreal!

Which plan is this? And do you find you go over the internet usage at all, Im a divil for being on the internet on the phone, spotify, youtube, Facebook etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Which plan is this? And do you find you go over the internet usage at all, Im a divil for being on the internet on the phone, spotify, youtube, Facebook etc

OP if you are getting a iPhone 6 Meteors mega sim 4G plan is the way to go unlimted calls and texts and 15gb of data for €35pm no point having a fast phone with a slow connection. It's s a 30 day contract too.

That's 48months.ie plan. With them near on 2 years!! And Ive never gone over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Im on Three, and using the 20 euro a month unlimited data bundle.

Some months, I stream / download over 200gb without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It depends on how much your projected monthly plan is going to be. The cheapest iPhone 6 (16GB) from Apple.ie is €699, so:

• Monthly plan @ €20.33 (Three) x 24 months will cost €488. Add in the price of the handset and the total is €1187.
    • Monthly plan @ €35 (Meteor 4G unlimited everything) x 24 months will cost you €840. Add in the price of the handset and the total is €1539.
    If you buy a similar handset from Three on a 24 month plan, you pay €279 upfront and the cheapest monthly plan over 24 months is €40.66, giving you a total of €1254.

So you're saving a few quid if you buy your phone outright and go for a €20 per month plan, but anything over that and you're paying more. Also, if you go for the plan, you don't have to shell out €700 upfront, but rather spread the difference (€420) out over the 24 month period.

It's all down to what you want in a handset and a service. Personally, if I had the cash, I would buy the handset outright as an unlocked handset if easier to sell second hand should you wish to change. It also gives you the freedom to switch between providers as new deals come along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thanks in advance

Got mine on Adverts. Sealed. 570

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I bit the bullet and bought one from the apple store, it arrived today, very nice. Ill wait the few months I have left on my contract and when its up Ill shop around for the best deal, at least now I have the freedom to pick and choose as plans change.

Once again thanks all

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I bit the bullet and bought one from the apple store, it arrived today, very nice. Ill wait the few months I have left on my contract and when its up Ill shop around for the best deal, at least now I have the freedom to pick and choose as plans change.

Once again thanks all
    48months 20 euro a month deal is the best! No extras no hidden charges! And if you run out of data just buy some more without having too buy your months subscription again!

Advertisement