Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injection Moulding Machines

Options
  • 24-02-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I was wondering where to go about selling second hand excellent condition plastic injection moulding machines?? Weird one I know... My fathers company has closed and there are some very high quality machines which have very little hours on them & worth a lot of money so I'm looking to sell some for scrap and some are perfect for use immediately. Anyone any idea or contact??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

This is gas but I may be looking for some in the future. What are the specs on them and could you send me any info you have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KP2012

tacofries wrote: »
    This is gas but I may be looking for some in the future. What are the specs on them and could you send me any info you have!!

really wasnt expecting a reply! I can email you on pictures & specs etc tomorrow if you like? Being a girl I am clueless as to specs etc haha! They are Nestal machines mainly and one large 275 ton used in a clean room so suitable for medical supplies etc! What kind of project do you need machines for? So I can gather all info for you

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Really wasn't expecting someone to be selling them haha! I sent a PM to you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

All this gear is worth something and can be sold. You need to find out the 'book value' of the equipment for starters, i.e., how much was paid for it, minus the depreciation. It is worth tracking down the original invoices for the gear. It is worth tracking down the sales people who sold it to your father to see if they can give any suggestions or help you sell it.

You could also ring up other companies that provide similar services to your father's company. They might want to buy some of the stuff.

You can also put stuff like this on eBay, but you need to take your time to present what you are selling well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

There is a much larger market in the UK for used plastics processing machinery and many active dealers, most of whom will only buy if they have a buyer lined up, but they have the buyer contacts. Google " Used injection Moulding Equipment UK" and they will come up. Wilsons Auctioneers are active in this field ( Naas Rd and Belfast) There is also an online selling market that is used by many see http://www.machinepoint.com/machinepoint/web2.nsf/Home?OpenForm&CatArbol=InjectionMoulding&ln=en.

Try the Nestal agent for Ireland too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement