Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭boardz

I have to admit I've done it myself.......only saw the car at the last second ...at least the other driver was watching and pulled over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Way to park a snow plough. :):)
    10/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Way to park a snow plough. :):)
    10/10
    Would have been grand if he'd reversed down that stretch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

inforfun wrote: »

Jaysus!
    Random firing by the "victim" there..god knows who else got hit.

As for the truck..."Visibility under 100m on snowy roads? Yeah 80kmh in my truck seems grand"

He was still doing over 30kmh when he hit that car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

GreeBo wrote: »
    How someone can ignore being flashed at for 15 mins.
    I find 30 seconds of strobe lighting gets their attention :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭honda boi

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

it was actually a pretty lame attempt at a hit:D

it was actually a pretty lame attempt at a hit:D
    looked like a miss to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

looked like a miss to me!

that was my point.
    it was a lame attempt that wasn't even aimed anywhere near the driver seat

• Advertisement

Love where the video editor gave up masking the numberplate of the guilty @3:17 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

The guy on the bike at 2:10 was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

First Video, both of them need to go to specsavers, especially the lad who started firing first........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

skibum wrote: »
    First Video, both of them need to go to specsavers, especially the lad who started firing first........

Reminded me of the scene from Police Squad

hmm mod will probably remove it as not dash cam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

The guy in the second vid rooting around in the back of his van after the truck hit must be suicidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

whiskeyman wrote: »
    In fairness to the poster, they really should have had a banksman on the road to stop / warn traffic of the trucks intention.
    And here's another mad idea - the truck driver should have waiting for the traffic to clear before pulling out onto the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Car runs a red light about 5sec after their light changed. Lucky enough the first driver on our queue was alert!!

Common enough on the junction - with low sunlight/dopey driver combination especially. Nearly got t-boned there before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

andy69 wrote: »
    Car runs a red light about 5sec after their light changed. Lucky enough the first driver on our queue was alert!!

Common enough on the junction - with low sunlight/dopey driver combination especially. Nearly got t-boned there before

I wouldn't mind but they have the green light for ages, the lights on the slip road are only green for 2-3 cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but they have the green light for ages, the lights on the slip road are only green for 2-3 cars.

Ha! Yeah that's true, the lights changed as the car in front of me passed through and so I had to wait then for the next green - feels like about 10mins!! Brutal junction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Who gave Stevie Wonder a car ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

jesus that's a terrible car part. cant they afford some tarmac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

That’s why I always drive with headlights on 😉

Ken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

andy69 wrote: »

I was tboned by a cop car there before. ALWAYS look right when you get the green light!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Is your car very under powered? You were only doing 38 KPH after 8 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Truckermal wrote: »

i was comeing out a juction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Truckermal wrote: »

It does look like you pulled out in front of him tbf. Doesn't excuse the overtake but without a rear view it's hard to say who was in the wrong.

It'd be some craic if the other car posted his dash cam footage now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Mr Snow wrote: »
    i was comeing out a juction

That car shouldn't have passed you like that, no question.

But assuming he was approaching on the main road you should have either waited and let him pass or accelerated hard up to road speed so as not to block his progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

....with slow drivers pulling out in front of me especially in urban road networks.
    Bloke should not have overtaken at junction and double solid lines against busy traffic but probably had only a split second to react to slow driver coming out onto main road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

you only have to look at the very many compilations on youtube to see that the average cammer thinks that no one should pull out in front of them at all. Most of them seem to be reveling in finding the smallest fault in others for the sake of posting a video.
    Yes, the OP may have been a bit tardy pulling away but on the other hand he may have judged it correctly and encountered a lunatic .
    At least 50% of incidents on youtube are not incidents at all or the cammer was at fault (jointly or solely).
    I tend to think the OP is not to blame here, but , this being Boards, go ahead, blame him anyway....

As I say yesterday I was coming out a junction and the black car was behind me at the junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Mr Snow wrote: »
    As I say yesterday I was coming out a junction and the black car was behind me at the junction

What he pulled out of the same junction as you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And was that by any chance a very narrow road where you were also doing the 38 kph in 8 seconds with him behind you?
    While it still is a **** overtake, i might see what brought him to that decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

And was that by any chance a very narrow road where you were also doing the 38 kph in 8 seconds with him behind you?
    While it still is a **** overtake, i might see what brought him to that decision.

Gotta love this thread, can't post a video without every little thing you do getting picked apart.

He was at 38kph 8 seconds into the video, the first 2.5 seconds of which he's pretty much stationary. Given the overtaker appears just after the 38kph, I think the cam car can be forgiven for not booting while someone was dangerously overtaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Danbo! wrote: »
    Gotta love this thread, can't post a video without every little thing you do getting picked apart.

He was at 38kph 8 seconds into the video, the first 2.5 seconds of which he's pretty much stationary. Given the overtaker appears just after the 38kph, I think the cam car can be forgiven for not booting while someone was dangerously overtaking.

Its unbelievable, the speed on the clip goes from 38 to 46 in les that a second, a whole 5 seconds after the cam car pulls out of the junction. i wouldn't be trusting the speed on the camera anyway but its clear as day the car is accelerating at a reasonable pace. If that's a 50 zone the cam car is at the limit as the car passes him

• Advertisement

I think it's important to remember that those cameras that record speed via gps will have a lag as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I don't know what's more shameful, the dogs or me singing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

stecleary wrote: »
    Its unbelievable, the speed on the clip goes from 38 to 46 in les that a second, a whole 5 seconds after the cam car pulls out of the junction. i wouldn't be trusting the speed on the camera anyway but its clear as day the car is accelerating at a reasonable pace. If that's a 50 zone the cam car is at the limit as the car passes him

Regarding the 50 zone theory, this is the junction.

https://goo.gl/maps/FzQDWXW3ZS42

It's the N3 and I think it's 100 along there.

When someone does something stupid in a clip I usually wonder why did that happen/do that?
    Sometimes it's obvious from the clip, but in this case I can't see why.
    Which is why everyone then does their own wondering and draws their own conclusions.

Danbo! wrote: »

That is why i asked.

I just see it a little bit too often to my liking that people more or less take a chance by pulling out in front of me.
    Which i dont really mind as long as they floor it and not and not in snail speed, making me slowing down of even break to avoid rear ending them.

If that happens often enough, people might make stupid overtake manoeuvres as a result, to get away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

is this bad or good or what . every thing happens seemlessly but seems very close when going into the overtaking lane .

sorry about the video shudder poor video joining on my behalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

Joeface wrote: »

is this bad or good or what . every thing happens seemlessly but seems very close when going into the overtaking lane .

sorry about the video shudder poor video joining on my behalf

Looks pretty bad to me. No indication of intention to merge from slip lane and then van continues into the overtaking move as one lane change from the slip. The two lane changes should be two distinct actions.

Plus of course, the van cuts into the safe braking area in front of the car already in the overtaking lane.

Pretty sloppy driving all round

Combo (or whatever the hell that mini-van is) man is a twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jimbis

All he needed to do was ease off the gas a bit and slot in behind the vw, but no that extra car length is what matters most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Caddy is the sort of normal van driving out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement