Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

^^^:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How did she manage to get a driving licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

fritzelly wrote: »

. . . good grip ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Added stupidity bonus for being soaked in petrol, standing in a puddle of petrol and continuing to fill your car with petrol as if it's the most normal thing in the world! Imagine the smell in the car when they both get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭highdef

chewed wrote: »

I sincerely the owners of the dogs will be prosecuted for allowing so many members of the public to be put in such danger. Their lack of control could easily have resulted in a very serious accident that would have put lives at real risk.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

fritzelly wrote: »

Looks more like a dad letting his daughter in on the secret a lot of women dont know about.... Car needs fuel and this is how you fill the tank.
    Stupid man should have showed how to first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

inforfun wrote: »
    Looks more like a dad letting his daughter in on the secret a lot of women dont know about.... Car needs fuel and this is how you fill the tank.

Brings me back to the scene in Zoolander where the male models have a petrol fight at the station....

Didn't end too well for them of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Topical - recent winter driving in Russia at its worst

Lesson for winter driving - what not to do ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Why she kept her finger on the trigger afterwards is also beyond me...panic I guess...but still...worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why she kept her finger on the trigger afterwards is also beyond me...panic I guess...but still...worrying.

we dont really have them here anymore but with petrol pumps there is a little clip on the handle which you can hit without even realising it. It basically lets you then pump the fule without having to permanently pull on the main trigger. When your tank is full, it will knock itself off.

I'll fess up, my first ever day in my first ever job, pumping petrol for a £1 an hour when I was 12. I did the very same thing. Hadn't a clue about the clip to keep the fuel flowing. luckily it didn't go over anyone, only the forecourt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Seve OB wrote: »
    we dont really have them here anymore but with petrol pumps there is a little clip on the handle which you can hit without even realising it. It basically lets you then pump the fule without having to permanently pull on the main trigger. When your tank is full, it will knock itself off.

I'll fess up, my first ever day in my first ever job, pumping petrol for a £1 an hour when I was 12. I did the very same thing. Hadn't a clue about the clip to keep the fuel flowing. luckily it didn't go over anyone, only the forecourt!

they were banned some years ago.

Yep. Replaced by my fuel cap

Isambard wrote: »

banned here maybe, but i've seen them in the states, maybe uk and on the continent also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Not sure if the truck realised as he kept driving..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

tedpan wrote: »
    Not sure if the truck realised as he kept driving..

I just tried to turn on your wipers :o

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Probably wouldn't even feel it tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

h3000 wrote:
    I just tried to turn on your wipers

Me too, wife was driving!
    GreeBo wrote:
    Probably wouldn't even feel it tbf.

I thought that too.

yep I used to do that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maximum attack in the Russian videos

or by sticking a nail in the holes and latching to that.

Yeah... but somehow i have my fuel cap more often available than a nail :D

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7361295/dd4ab52a/gast_is_afgeleid.html

Phone was more important than paying attention?

Yeah... but somehow i have my fuel cap more often available than a nail :D

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7361295/dd4ab52a/gast_is_afgeleid.html

Phone was more important than paying attention?
    That barrier on the side of the road wasn't very well marked either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Seve OB wrote: »
    banned here maybe, but i've seen them in the states, maybe uk and on the continent also
    Patww79 wrote: »

It is quite beyond me why can't we have them here.
    I'm p1ssed off every single time I'm filling up my car.

CiniO wrote: »
    It is quite beyond me why can't we have them here.
    I'm p1ssed off every single time I'm filling up my car.

I believe it's only the petrol ones that are actually banned, the reasons being quite obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I believe it's only the petrol ones that are actually banned, the reasons being quite obvious.

I haven't seen those locks on any diesel pump either, so believe they all must be banned.
    And to be honest - if it's obvious, it's not not for me - I don't get the reason.

I haven't seen those locks on any diesel pump either, so believe they all must be banned.
    And to be honest - if it's obvious, it's not not for me - I don't get the reason.

definitely not on any diesel pumps i've ever used

Too many idiots forgetting to release the trigger before removing the nozzle from the filling cap. (I suspect)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

From my dash cam this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

PauloMN wrote: »

Bit of a fright I'm sure.
    Hope all ok.

How's the car??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Well handled Paulo. Also, driving at a suitable speed to avoid carnage with lots of oncoming traffic. Thumbs up for you, hope there's no damage. Thanks for posting your dashcam footage, brave in this arena.

because, no doubt someone will find you guilty of something. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Bit of a fright I'm sure.
    Hope all ok.

How's the car??

Yeah, got a fright alright. Car will need a new alloy and tyre at a minimum. Couldn't drive it off, you can see at the end of the video I was trying to pull into the bus stop but my brakes completely went, literally no brakes at all so cruised to a halt.

Car was towed, but the guy who put it on the tow truck said the brakes were back working when he moved it. Very odd.

He came back in fairness to him, I had pulled in and walked back to the crossroads, and he had obviously turned around and came back. I admire his decency to return if nothing else! Remains to be seen if he'll pay for the repairs.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Well handled Paulo. Also, driving at a suitable speed to avoid carnage with lots of oncoming traffic. Thumbs up for you, hope there's no damage. Thanks for posting your dashcam footage, brave in this arena.

because, no doubt someone will find you guilty of something. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I was a touch fast and prob should be a little slower going past that point - I know that junction well and have seen some hairy driving there in the past. (Just getting that out of the way before someone else does!!! :D )

Seemed a lot more intense at the time than the video shows, I'm just glad I managed to avoid everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

He came back in fairness to him, I had pulled in and walked back to the crossroads, and he had obviously turned around and came back. I admire his decency to return if nothing else! Remains to be seen if he'll pay for the repairs.

You seem a little complacent about it, i'd nail him to the wall over it. Your car undoubtedly has suspension damage, whole front end needs to be checked over and if he shows any hesitance in paying, insurance all the way.

I hit a kerb at 10kph and did noticeable damage to my antiroll mounts, I have no doubt you'll have suspension issues right now or at least in the next few hundred miles.

Dd the van on the opposite side of the road get rear-ended too?

You seem a little complacent about it, i'd nail him to the wall over it. Your car undoubtedly has suspension damage, whole front end needs to be checked over and if he shows any hesitance in paying, insurance all the way.

I hit a kerb at 10kph and did noticeable damage to my antiroll mounts, I have no doubt you'll have suspension issues right now or at least in the next few hundred miles.

Not complacent at all about it. It's towed to a garage, will be requesting them to do a full inspection of the car. Whatever it needs to get, it will get. I'll be sending the estimate to the guy, and if won't pay it, it'll be going to his insurance company. I'm not intending to foot any of this bill myself.
    Dd the van on the opposite side of the road get rear-ended too?

I wondered that too, but I assume not, as everyone just drove off. The guy who pulled out was saying that the van flashed him to come out and that's why he did. Just looked like he had his full beams on to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭b318isp

Two from this morning:

I just don't get the second one, but at least the third person I saw within 3 minutes with severely compromised vision. This Renault was by far the worst.

• Advertisement

Think it was defrosted but there is condensation on the inside of the windows.
    Reason i think that... i drive a renault.....
    I had more work this morning to keep the inside fit for driving than the outside

b318isp wrote: »
    I just don't get the second one, but at least the third person I saw within 3 minutes with severely compromised vision.

Some might say that's nearly as bad as driving around with a big crack accross your windscreen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

To be fair, I was a touch fast and prob should be a little slower going past that point - I know that junction well and have seen some hairy driving there in the past. (Just getting that out of the way before someone else does!!! :D )

Seemed a lot more intense at the time than the video shows, I'm just glad I managed to avoid everyone else.

I hate that f***ing junction. People are always taking risks there. I'm not a fan of roundabouts, but that's a place that could do with one.

chewed wrote: »
    I hate that f***ing junction. People are always taking risks there. I'm not a fan of roundabouts, but that's a place that could do with one.

100% agree, on all counts. Awful junction, regular accidents/near misses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

100% agree, on all counts. Awful junction, regular accidents/near misses.

Dunsany? Yet a certain van sits up the road shooting fish in a barrel, away from this... But I will say no more ;)

Feel like annoying people on the fly, here's a short clip how to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

When they should be at the scene of where most near misses happen, but instead getting handy catches instead of preventing accidents.

But that's just my view and no one is going to change that...

No further comment ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nearing server capacity for threads - 10K posts

New thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057839970

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement