Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Mini compilation of boring everyday nonsense,
    More my own lack of tolerance rather than much being done bad,
    If you want to waste 3.30 mins of your life click the video,
    Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 icv1111

Mycroft H wrote: »
    When I used to do private ambulances work I did the phecc driving course; it was really just the ROSPA adapted for big vans with people in them.

Using all the road when appropriate was encouraged. For example; straight section of road with a junction to the left, you'd be encouraged to move more centre and increase your visibility of the junction and give yourself room to manoeuvre. This also gave those at the junction a clear view of an ambulances proceeding down the road and they'd be less likely to move out on top of you. Defensive driving really.

You'd also be giving a bollocking for letting yourself into a situation like that. Blind crest with restricted visibility; back off the throttle and be able to stop in the distance you can see clear.

was that the NED course? Never done it but when I was learning how to drive lorries they would always teach you to push out and take up as much space as possible because car drivers are too thick to move in for you. You essentially have to bully your way to a certain degree, split lains on approach to roundabouts etc or else cars would put you and themselves in dangerous situations.

taught me one thing: car drivers are thick. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

There could have been a drain or rocks in that grass, just because you don't see it, it doesn’t mean it isn't there!

Give over! Nothing happened, CiniO chased after, and stopped, a man just to have a rant!

YbFocus wrote: »
    I would be rightly pissed at someone for doing that, "not that far" over the line doesn't cut it.
    You can hear Cinio's suspension take a battering to just miss a collision!
    Not his fault but his car takes the brunt of it.

NOTHING HAPPENED! CiniO chased after, and stopped, another road user just to attack him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

NOTHING HAPPENED! CiniO chased after, and stopped, another road user just to attack him!

Except for Cinio's move, there would have been a roughly 70-80mph head on collision, nothing to be laughed at.
    You should get into writing newspaper headlines!

Except for Cinio's move, there would have been a roughly 70-80mph head on collision, nothing to be laughed at.
    You should get into writing newspaper headlines!

At no point were the cars "head on". Quit the hyperbole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

If Cinio held his position on his side of the road would they not have hit?
    I'm not going ruining this thread with idle chat but Cinio didn't ditch the car for fun.

Leave it at that.

If Cinio held his position on his side of the road would they not have hit?
    I'm not going ruining this thread with idle chat but Cinio didn't ditch the car for fun.

Leave it at that.

He didn't ditch it.

Leave it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

You chased after a man for that?!! Jesus there was no need for that!

He wasn't that far over the line and the grass wasn't long enough to hurt your car, must've been long enough to hurt your feelings though...
    Give over! Nothing happened, CiniO chased after, and stopped, a man just to have a rant!
    He didn't ditch it.

Leave it at that.

Enda.
    I've been driving for the last 17 years, and covered well over half a million kilometres in my life, and encountered plenty of close call situations, but this red corrolla was one of the nearest death experiences I had.
    If the guy didn't pull back to the left in the last moment, we'd both most likely be dead by now and I wouldn't be discussing this with you here now.

While passing him, I was already partly on the grass pretty much as far as possible.

If you see it differently from the video, then it means you perception from that video is flawed.

I drive this road many times a day every day for number of years. It is narrow, and close calls are a norm there. I've used to drive a 50 seater coach on that road a lot, and I'd encounter at least 5 to 10 close calls where I've been passing other cars at literally few inches. There's no way around it.
    But still, I was never as close to head on collision at high speed as this one.

I linked another video from today with different car also cutting through the bend, and while it was also close, it wasn't even a fraction as dangerous, as there was more space and speeds were lower.

I chased the guy because he literally pushed me off the road and nearly killed me.

• Advertisement

CiniO wrote: »
    Enda.
    I've been driving for the last 17 years, and covered well over half a million kilometres in my life, and encountered plenty of close call situations, but this red corrolla was one of the nearest death experiences I had.
    If the guy didn't pull back to the left in the last moment, we'd both most likely be dead by now and I wouldn't be discussing this with you here now.

While passing him, I was already partly on the grass pretty much as far as possible.

If you see it differently from the video, then it means you perception from that video is flawed.

I drive this road many times a day every day for number of years. It is narrow, and close calls are a norm there. I've used to drive a 50 seater coach on that road a lot, and I'd encounter at least 5 to 10 close calls where I've been passing other cars at literally few inches. There's no way around it.
    But still, I was never as close to head on collision at high speed as this one.

I linked another video from today with different car also cutting through the bend, and while it was also close, it wasn't even a fraction as dangerous, as there was more space and speeds were lower.

I chased the guy because he literally pushed me off the road and nearly killed me.

I've been driving for over 23 years and driven over 1,500,000 kilometres. But that's as irrelevant as your story!

He did not "literally" push you off the road.

Show the footage of your chase, stop and attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Probably one of the closer encounters of near death i had.
    Was very close to head on collision at high speed, which could probably end up fatally for both of us.
    He came out of brow of the hill nearly in the middle of the road.

Call that close? You need to get out more.

I've been driving for over 23 years and driven over 1,500,000 kilometres. But that's as irrelevant as your story!
    What you've driven is irrelevant. What I've driven is, because I have enough experience to judge what was dangerous and what was not.

Have you got 23 years experience watching dashcam videos and judging situations based on those videos. If not then stop commenting.
    He did not "literally" push you off the road.
    He did.
    Show the footage of your chase, stop and attack.
    I won't.

seanaway wrote: »
    Call that close? You need to get out more.

No. You need to learn how to judge situations from the videos.

386036.png

From that moment we had about 0.75 second until we reached each other.

Are you telling me there's enough space for me?

What you've driven is irrelevant. What I've driven is, because I have enough experience to judge what was dangerous and what was not.

Have you got 23 years experience watching dashcam videos and judging situations based on those videos. If not then stop commenting.

He did.

I won't.

No. You need to learn how to judge situations from the videos.

attachment.php?attachmentid=386036&stc=1&d=1463353216

From that moment we had about 0.75 second until we reached each other.

Are you telling me there's enough space for me?

There was obviously enough room because by your own admission you made it past with out any damage to your vehicle.

You need to look up the definition of "literally".

The fact that you won't show the footage of your "chase" says it all...

There was obviously enough room because by your own admission you made it past with out any damage to your vehicle.
    We made it because he moved left in the very last moment.

But if he didn't it wouldn't be so nice I reckon.

Here's how much space would exact same corrolla take.
    My car is wider
    And passing each other at 80km/h each leaving less than an inch between mirrors is not the safest thing to do anyway.

386037.png
    You need to look up the definition of "literally".

The fact that you won't show the footage of your "chase" says it all...
    Why do you want me to show some private footage? It's none of your business really.

We made it because he moved left in the very last moment.

But if he didn't it wouldn't be so nice I reckon.

Here's how much space would exact same corrolla take.
    My car is wider
    And passing each other at 80km/h each leaving less than an inch between mirrors is not the safest thing to do anyway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=386037&stc=1&d=1463353875

Why do you want me to show some private footage? It's none of your business really.

You made it because there was enough room for both cars.
    Your dramatisation of the event is irrelevant.

You don't seem to have a problem with showing private footage?! Show the "chase".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Great to have the Dash Cam thread (chat is allowed) back again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Doddery old red car driver was in the wrong, simple as that. If they hadve hit it wouldn't have been pleasant and the red car was at fault. Whether or not the op chased the driver is irellevent.
    Although 'chasing' down a driver like this can also educate them, he might not of even known what he almost caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

And here in lies a big part of the problem, if you (both) had been travelling at a more suitable speed for the road type and condition then this encounter would have been a complete non-event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More videos, less arguing please

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I came across this because it's an i3 involved. Hilarious phone call of some twat who's just stolen a BMW i3. Sounds like it was stolen to order but seems to have been recovered hence the footage.
    I have a curved telly bruv!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

N7 inbound, guy slows down (after I've changed lane) and then wants in on my action!

did I undertake him? yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

What was he even doing in that lane... There's always folk driving in the wrong lane at that part...

He was flashing me, and he counter beeped my beeping him.

in fairness, it's a terribly laid out junction. The M50 (slip)lanes occur way too late and still require lane changes to get into them.
    there should be 2 clearly defined lanes starting about a kilometre back for M50 N & M50 S to give people more than enough time to get into them, and I'm not talking about just signs, actual lanes that provided you stay in them, you end up on the M50 in your desired direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

in fairness, it's a terribly laid out junction. The M50 (slip)lanes occur way too late and still require lane changes to get into them.
    there should be 2 clearly defined lanes starting about a kilometre back for M50 N & M50 S to give people more than enough time to get into them, and I'm not talking about just signs, actual lanes that provided you stay in them, you end up on the M50 in your desired direction.
    I agree, I use that junction very infrequently and usually want M50(S). The gantry sign just at the split for M50(S) and M50(N) is an odd one, because although there are 4 lanes marked on it, the point at which you first notice it there are only 3 lanes, and the way they're spaced on the gantry makes it look like they're both pointing to the leftmost of the current 3 lanes, thus contradicting what is marked on the road. I know it looks OK on Streetview, but remember the Google camera is perched high up on a mount on the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

icv1111 wrote: »
    was that the NED course? Never done it but when I was learning how to drive lorries they would always teach you to push out and take up as much space as possible because car drivers are too thick to move in for you. You essentially have to bully your way to a certain degree, split lains on approach to roundabouts etc or else cars would put you and themselves in dangerous situations.

taught me one thing: car drivers are thick. :D

Yea it was. It's been superseded by the new RSA ES driving standard. You can't do the old Phecc standard anymore.

It was the same when I did the lorry, you've to really take as much road as you need, it's quite funny annoying car drivers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Typical ****e you see at that junction. There's signs before the flyover telling you what lane you should be in so he had over 1km to decide.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

s.welstead wrote: »
    I came across this because it's an i3 involved. Hilarious phone call of some twat who's just stolen a BMW i3. Sounds like it was stolen to order but seems to have been recovered hence the footage.
    I have a curved telly bruv!!!

Fixed embed code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Fixed embed code
    PROP-AH! Nice one bruv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Patww79 wrote: »

Oh dear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

agreed but we have moved on.....

as for the N7 guy, I don't condone undertaking, but I'd have done it too. Hypocrisy, hell yeah

Patww79 wrote: »

That's natural in this thread though. Most of the posters blaming people who post videos here don't even bother showing their perfect driving and seem only blame posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

agreed but we have moved on.....

as for the N7 guy, I don't condone undertaking, but I'd have done it too. Hypocrisy, hell yeah

Poster of the N7 video spends a good while in the 'wrong' lane himself by the looks of things!! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    Poster of the N7 video spends a good while in the 'wrong' lane himself by the looks of things!! :D

I knew where I was going, and I saw the 'gap' I was going into well before the start of my video above, and as is evidenced from watching the video again, I still had ample time/distance to safely make the required lane changes I needed to make to join the M50 northbound.

Anyway
    /
    I'm done chatting about it here as the thread now only has 2/3 videos per page since chat was re-opened, which kind of takes away from the page. As the Mods said, more videos less chat. The videos are great to watch, the ensuing arguments, less so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I knew where I was going, and I saw the 'gap' I was going into well before the start of my video above, and as is evidenced from watching the video again, I still had ample time/distance to safely make the required lane changes I needed to make to join the M50 northbound.

Anyway
    /
    I'm done chatting about it here as the thread now only has 2/3 videos per page since chat was re-opened, which kind of takes away from the page. As the Mods said, more videos less chat. The videos are great to watch, the ensuing arguments, less so...

but you were in the S lanes when you were going N ? :eek: :P

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    but you were in the S lanes when you were going N ? :eek: :P

It's completely fine to use the right lane to overtake slow cars and get back into the lane which is for people going Northbound.

I'm missing your point here. He didn't dive for the left lane in the last second either like most drivers do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MORE VIDS PLEASE!

chewed wrote: »
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

MORE VIDS PLEASE!

Let me get home first! :p

Cheeky fc*ker decides to skip the queue and overtake everyone on the wrong side of the road!

Before anyone shoots me for stopping in the yellow box:
    1) The light just went green for us so I wasn't in anyone's way and nobody could have pulled out there so I was not blocking the road.
    2) Shortly after the end of the clip we moved on.
    3) I didn't think the traffic would be stopped ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I hate them lights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

shietpilot wrote: »

3) I didn't think the traffic would be stopped ahead.

I don't think you did stop in the yellow box, but just as a general comment, "I didn't think the traffic would be stopped" is a crap excuse. The whole point of the yellow box is that you don't enter the box until your exit route is clear.

• Advertisement

I don't think you did stop in the yellow box, but just as a general comment, "I didn't think the traffic would be stopped" is a crap excuse. The whole point of the yellow box is that you don't enter the box until your exit route is clear.

Well the traffic ahead of me came to a pretty sudden stop and it wasn't exactly easy to see how many cars are in front so it was I had no choice but to stop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

This is the sort of crap reply that makes me wish that this was still a "no chat allowed" thread

skibum wrote: »
    This is the sort of crap reply that makes me wish that this was still a "no chat allowed" thread

Ah I don't mind the heat to be honest. It was a genuine mistake and I knew I made the mistake and generally I never stop in a yellow box so I'm not going to have a fit over some guy on the internet reading my acknowledgement of breaking a road rule and then complaining about it after I've acknowledged it :)

Anyone have any videos? I forgot to bring the dashcam this morning as I pulled it out yesterday to get some footage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

shietpilot wrote: »
    Anyone have any videos? I forgot to bring the dashcam this morning as I pulled it out yesterday to get some footage :)

I'll accelerate through an orange light on the way to football and post it up when I get back in a couple of hours.

josip wrote: »
    I'll accelerate through an orange light on the way to football and post it up when I get back in a couple of hours.

Knock yourself out ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement