Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

But the clio was over his line before OP got to his - How could it have been close? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

But the clio was over his line before OP got to his - How could it have been close?

I think the point is that he didn't even look right, showing no caution at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I've always wondered about that section of road where the taxi was pulled in in your video. It's marked as a (albeit short) hard shoulder, but it's treated as two lanes, especially at busy times. I wonder could you be done for it.

Theres similar on the other side aswell as you come off the roundabout. They are ridiculous places to have hard shoulders for such a short stretch. If everyone was to treat them as hard shoulders and not use them as lanes the traffic would be backed up alot worse then it is now. That whole road from the M1/M50 to Clare Hall is a complete **** up really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

But the clio was over his line before OP got to his - How could it have been close? :confused:

t did seem to me as if the two cars crossed their lines more or less at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

neris wrote: »
    Theres similar on the other side aswell as you come off the roundabout. They are ridiculous places to have hard shoulders for such a short stretch. If everyone was to treat them as hard shoulders and not use them as lanes the traffic would be backed up alot worse then it is now. That whole road from the M1/M50 to Clare Hall is a complete **** up really

I actually emailed Fingal Co Co about this stretch of road before and the useless need for hard shoulders and the fact that everyone ignores them. This was the response...

"I just spoke to the Traffic Engineer who told me that this road was considered a National Road but was downgraded to a regional road, in conjunction with the NRA. The Traffic Engineer says that we will not be removing the hard shoulder at this location as it is needed in case someone breaks down. There are no plans to change the layout of this road. I hope this answers your question."

In case someone breaks down? Even if you had 2 active lanes, traffic could still use the 1 lane to overtake a potential breakdown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Truck driver down in Cork swerving in his lane, and as expected, he was playing with his mobile phone.
    (recorded on my 'travel' dash cam as I'm in the rental car)

Not the usual Dash cam clip here. I was cleaning the car out and the dogs escaped. Remembered that all the footage was recorded!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

simdan wrote: »
    Not the usual Dash cam clip here. I was cleaning the car out and the dogs escaped. Remembered that all the footage was recorded!

do your pets have opposable thumbs :D looked like they had a blast..

robbiew wrote: »
    do your pets have opposable thumbs :D looked like they had a blast..

LOL! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png I think they must do, they are too bold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A cam on one of the dogs would have been great to see what mischief they got up to when they legged it, they might have met up with the rest of the local crew :pac:

A cam on one of the dogs would have been great to see what mischief they got up to when they legged it, they might have met up with the rest of the local crew :pac:

Haha maybe the next purchase will be GoPros for their foreheads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

This fella decided to just cross the road without looking despite there being loads of pedestrian crossings.
    My windscreen and jets were full of tree sap hence the squeaking and the reason i was going slower than normal .
    Wide angle lens makes it look further than it actually is.

At least he acknowledged his mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

When you to let off one car and the next driver decides to go ahead too .

why would you do that? you'll get rear-ended one day!

Indeed, why would you do that? It's a roundabout!

Kind of defeats the point!

• Advertisement

When you to let off one car and the next driver decides to go ahead too .

Why are you stopping to let people go, especially on a roundabout? It's quite dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Why are you stopping to let people go, especially on a roundabout? It's quite dangerous.

The vid is gone off YT - its a local thing to give way to traffic on the left at this mini roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

its a local thing to give way to traffic on the left at this mini roundabout

classic.
    "My father's father yielded to the left on this roundabout, and so will you son"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I met the 50 year old female accountant today in her 1.3 Corsa! She bleedin' beeped back at me too!

shietpilot wrote: »
    I met the 50 year old female accountant today in her 1.3 Corsa! She bleedin' beeped back at me too!

What a dope! How do you know she's 50 and an accountant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is a dashcam thread, dashcams only, no helmet or cycling cameras to be posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

What a dope! How do you know she's 50 and an accountant?

I don't, just joking really. It's mad how others drive on the roads and probably pay 3-4 times less on their insurance premiums though.

The vid is gone off YT - its a local thing to give way to traffic on the left at this mini roundabout

you can't have "local things" on an N road.90% of traffic isn't local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Second clip is downright dangerous, you're always guaranteed terrible driving on the single carriageway sections of the N11. Two clips near Enniscorty, one coming in and the other coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Second clip is downright dangerous, you're always guaranteed terrible driving on the single carriageway sections of the N11. Two clips near Enniscorty, one coming in and the other coming out.

I don't usually agree with reporting but that video should definitely be shown to the cops. They will kill someone yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

gutteruu wrote: »
    I don't usually agree with reporting but that video should definitely be shown to the cops. They will kill someone yet.
    Those fellas are untouchable. Culture me hole!

I rang Enniscorty Garda Stn who put the message through to the traffic lads. It's all I could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Falcon L wrote: »
    Those fellas are untouchable. Culture me hole!

Maybe the transit but other 2 cars don't look like they are our cultured friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

It looked like they were chasing the first car imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Maybe the transit but other 2 cars don't look like they are our cultured friends.
    A couple of months ago I was sitting waiting to board the ferry at Fishguard. A very nice, brand new, cabrio Merc pulled into the lane beside me. Out popped a lot of culture. There is no typical car/van anymore.

• Advertisement

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    It looked like they were chasing the first car imo.

Could have been. Either way it was properly dangerous. There was a lot of cyclists/runners/walkers/agri vehicles in the hard shoulder that afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

I rang Enniscorty Garda Stn who put the message through to the traffic lads. It's all I could do.

What can the guards do without reg numbers?
    Did they ask you to send on the dashcam footage?

josip wrote: »
    What can the guards do without reg numbers?
    Did they ask you to send on the dashcam footage?

No, I didn't mention it. I'll send them a mail/tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

No, I didn't mention it. I'll send them a mail/tweet

Unless you are willing to sign a statement and stand up in court against them, I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Playing in 1080p for me, might be your own internet connection (reset modem)

Clip 2 Hope thay have a specsavers in that garage :D
    Clip 3 If the truck couldn't get back in safely then he shouldn't be overtaking in the first place.

Unless you are willing to sign a statement and stand up in court against them, I wouldn't bother.

Yea, I figured as much. I've no idea what they did when going through enniscorty, did the fly through the town?

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Playing in 1080p for me, might be your own internet connection (reset modem)

You tube renders the 360 first and then the 1080 in the background when uploaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I did the very same earlier today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

3 idiots in that last video. Best way for them to go ahead and kill someone.
    Wonder if the Focus was stolen and the van and Golf were giving chase. I'd have just called the police tbh rather than risk mine or some innocent victims life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Falcon L wrote: »
    A couple of months ago I was sitting waiting to board the ferry at Fishguard. A very nice, brand new, cabrio Merc pulled into the lane beside me. Out popped a lot of culture. There is no typical car/van anymore.

White merc + yellow reg in limerick = culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

White merc + yellow reg in limerick = culture.

Plain van (uaually white) with no company name or business + roof light/beacon usually = culture aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

looking at all these recent videos, I keep thinking they're from a foreign country with sun and blue skies! :rolleyes:

chewed wrote: »
    looking at all these recent videos, I keep thinking they're from a foreign country with sun and blue skies! :rolleyes:

I see you're still in stage one. :pac:

Cj70VNoWgAACCzA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ruthlessly stolen from reddit

Cop came up to me and said 'You know what you did that caused this
    right?' I said 'Yea, i cut it too close when i went to the left lane'.
    He said 'Don't do that again, you never know what can happen'. The cop
    was really nice about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

^^^^^^^^^^^

That exact thing happened to me on the M50 recently albeit at a much higher and more dangerous speed , cutter upper braked from 100 kph to Zero in the same manner , ( brake test then swerve and second brake test to Zero ,when I went for the first gap)unbelievable for him to come to a full stop on the M50 ! Lucky enough my sons car, I was driving (with N plates which I think caused the rage) had brand new Discs and pads on all four corners , enabled me to brake harder and get around him, the other side.

He was so sure I hit him that I could NOW see him in MY mirror climbing out onto the M50 slow lane to see the now "phantom me "stuck in his back bumper , but as he was in a van he didn't see me swerve around him because he was too busy looking in his mirrors , oh for a dash cam that day , he'd be locked up now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I cycle, I obey the ROTR, but these two morons (among others) give the rest of us a bad name (and yes, the second one is cycling the wrong way up the M3)

Next up, have a listen to the radio in this clip. A Simpsons legend lives on in Phibsboro apparently

2 videos from Friday just gone;

First one is of the immediate aftermath of a crash northbound on the M8 involving a Land Cruiser and what looks like a vintage pick up truck/car/ute

Second was a few hours later on the M50, almost a pile up, I don't know what caused it (besides everyone being too close to the car in front. I plead guilty), but at the beginning, you see a car (Fluence?) in lane 2 changing into lane 3, only to abort and pull straight back into lane 2. maybe he caused it, or maybe he saw what was about to happen and bailed.

(almost) a poor start to the bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

An American one. A van is hogging the left lane, so a driver calls the number on the back and asks him to move.

Starts at 1:00

A few examples of poor driving from today. Before you say the word "Undertake" The overtaking lane hoggers are a danger to other drivers. It seems they are oblivious to anyone around them

Enjoy..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement