Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding For Xbox One

Options
  • 24-02-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My Router is a Technicolour:TC7200.U and Iam with UPC

Iam am having issues with connecting to Multiplayer with just one game , Grand Theft Auto V , After trying many fixes to get this working since November 18 last year , Nothing has worked
    So Xbox Support says I need to open the following ports
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)
    The Question I have is how the hell do I do this as all forums and sites simply say eg. type in your default gateway number in the address bar and crap
    It confuses the crap out of me and I wondering if there was a simple way of doing it

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Unfortunately, there's no "easy" way to do this, but there are step by step guides that are excellent.

Follow this guide here first (you may have already done this). Skip the section "Assign a Static IP Address to your Xbox One In Your Router" and head straight to "Set up a Static IP address in your Xbox One Console", as I find that's a better way of doing it for people that don't really know their way around a router. During the course of doing this, you should see your default gateway.

Once that's done, follow this guide here, it's for your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Even with those ports open your still going to have trouble with GTA online. Game is a disaster online just hope the update next month will sort things out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

IrishCorey wrote: »
    My Router is a Technicolour:TC7200.U and Iam with UPC

Iam am having issues with connecting to Multiplayer with just one game , Grand Theft Auto V , After trying many fixes to get this working since November 18 last year , Nothing has worked
    So Xbox Support says I need to open the following ports
    Port 88 (UDP)
    Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 500 (UDP)
    Port 3544 (UDP)
    Port 4500 (UDP)
    The Question I have is how the hell do I do this as all forums and sites simply say eg. type in your default gateway number in the address bar and crap
    It confuses the crap out of me and I wondering if there was a simple way of doing it

On the console go to settings, network - are you on an open NAT already? If not are you wireless or wired? GTA is a bit of a stinker when it comes to multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

the default gateway is usually 192.168.0.1

To get the default gateway of your router,
    press the windows key + R,
    this will open up a run window,
    in there type CMD
    this will open up command prompt screen,
    type ipconfig and hit enter this will display the default gate way and more info you wont need,
    then open up your internet browser and enter the default address in there, e.g 192.168.0.1
    then you should be presented with a log in screen for the router,
    for that router the default username and password is admin
    once logged in navigate your way around till you find the port forward/triggering section then enable the ports required

Advertisement