Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat spraying onto wall sockets

• 24-02-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

My cat has taken to spraying onto two of the wall sockets in the kitchen. I came downstairs to hear crackling coming from the socket and have caught her in the act of doing it also. She fortunately didn't get a shock but she has blown the fuses twice. She is spayed but is there any product out there that would deter her from doing it again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

What about getting the plug in plug covers? The ones to stop kids sticking their fingers in?

Can't link coz I'm on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You could get some child proof socket covers for the plugs. You'd need to get rid of the smell, ordinary cleaning products don't work and the protein in the urine comes back. You could dilute some biological washing powder/liquid and wipe down where she's spraying. Once they can smell where they've marked they'll continue to spray that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

$_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Thanks for the replies, never thought about those things for sockets either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

As it happens I saw these in Lidl today for 1.99 per pack of 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Cats don't like citrus smells - I find fresh lemon juice deters my two.

Advertisement