Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so much to read, but I need help advice.

• 24-02-2015 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

ok, I have been reading boards for a while and reading different stuff on e cigs, I just get bamboozled with all the information out there, ie you all know what your talking about. So far all I know is I have juice a cartomiser and a battery. I bought mine in a shop and it is the nicofresh brand, made in ireland etc...... I am so happy a whole month smoke free, and believe me I tried everything else, even champix and always failed , but this is working, but my problem is...... now I am used to using the thing it seems I have to inhale a few times to get " a vape" and sometimes nothing happens , ie battery dead, the batteries seem to die now after a few hours even without me using them too much........ sooooooo
    I know that vaping works, but I need to get longer lasting batteries, and I also need to do less puffing prior to getting a hit...... there are SO many threads on this, I thought if I said what level I was at, then someone would say yup I know those shop type ones and now you know how to work them this is the way to go............ I wouldn't chance making my own juice yet or anything, but I need a longer battery with perhaps a tad more power? any of you familiar with the nicofresh model? its sort of a starter, but I will stick with it if I have to, as it's still a thousand times better than smoking....... ( by the way I am so chuffed with myself )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

First off WELL DONE!!! a month is great. The equipment you have is what a lot of us started on and while its good as a starting point thats all it is. A few questions first
    1 Have you a budget?
    2 Where are you based are there any good vape shops near you?
    3 Are you more likely to buy online or in a vape shop?

But for starters look here
    http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1817.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

As above " Well Done" you are well on the way to only using matches or lighters for candles, incense and lighting fireworks : ). Everyone starts the same way and the technology changes every day too! Visit your local vaping shop and ask to try a few different batteries, no need to buy the latest devices either....that day will come! Choose according to your budget. When I started, I tried to vape in the same way I used to smoke.....didn't work really.
    Then I started to inhale slow and steady, like sucking juice through a straw...and the difference was instant. For me it was a different approach in my intake that sealed the deal!
    There are many vapers on this forum that will gladly help with any questions you may have.
    Once again, congrats on being off the tubes for a month....it gets easier every day : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Well done, a month is brilliant!

I'm 99% sure you have a CLEAROMIZER, not cartomizer, on your battery :p

The nicofresh batteries aren't very powerful and don't last very long tbh.

What's your budget? I'm sure if we know that, we can suggest something better for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

Have a look at this video and his other vids on the introduction to e-cigarettes..
    They are 1 yr old but mostly relevant still.

You tube is a great source of information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Buy yourself an iStick and get rid of those crappy plastic clearomisers. There's a lot of different options for the atomiser section. I've been using kayfuns (rebuildable) for the past couple of years. I wouldn't recommend one for the stage you are at. Others on here will recommend you a reasonably priced tank where you can buy the atomiser yourself, rather than rebuilding them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Tishball

Thanks folks, yes it is a clearomiser thingy I have, ( I don't even know the difference, ) and you all have so much knowledge about the whole thing I thought it was best to ask your advice. I am in Mayo and there is a vape shop in Ballina BUT, while the guy in there has lots of different type things he doesnt explain very much and ie I don't feel he really knows what he is talking about. He sort of gave me a general talk and that was that.
    I don't really have a budget at all, I know that sounds a bit daft, but the way I look at it is I have quite a bit saved from not smoking and If I get decent equipment then the chances of me going back to smoking are very slim. I am happy to vape and for the first time I don't feel I am missing a ciggerette, ( I have attempted to quit so many times in the past it has gone past a joke at this point)
    I am perfectly willing to buy on line but didn't know what to buy sort of thing. I wouldn't want anything fiddly ie do it myself type things because I can imagine id mess it up. But definatly longer battery life, and a good vapor with less chance of the juice ending up in my mouth. I am off to watch some youtube on e cigs now, haven't watched them since e cigs came out first. ( I bought some then but they were small and looked like cigerettes and didn't work for me) I am willing to listen to all your advice.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aspireistick.htm

You really cant go to far wrong with this set up the battery part (iStick) will last you anywhere from 1 up to 4 days without needing to charge it there is a small bit of a learning curve with it but once you find the setting you like leave it at that and you can happily blow clouds for days. The clearomizer part (Mini Nautilius) again has a bit of a learning curve to it but like the battery find the setting you like leave it at that. None of it is hard to learn though its just what buttons to press and where to fill.

Thanks very much folks, the one I have now is driving me nuts, it has developed a problem and ( I bought two of everything ) and the other one isn't working so well either, so time to invest in better equipment. Watching the videos it seems it is fairly all straight forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

They're very straightforward, don't worry!

The nicofresh batteries are 650mah (that's their power), the istick is 2200mah, so will last about 3 times as long after a charge. Plus, you can use it while charging :)

As for the nautilus mini, I've never, ever had it leak :)

ok well folks I bought the one in the link that nuttyboy sent, I just bought one didn't buy any extra bits, but I suppose I can buy those at a later stage. Hope it doesn't take too long to reach Mayo now. :lol:

• Advertisement

You wont need anything else for at least a couple of weeks then you'll need coils but thats another story for a later date. You should have it through your letter box Friday maybe even tomorrow.

I will have your heads light answering questions, lol, but I catch on fairly fast, sitting here sucking on what feels like a straw, these e cigs were good at first but they have gone very weak.

Well I got mine today in the post, that was very fast. Of course it came to the office and my husband put it in a drawer and didn't give it to me until this evening, which means I am dying to try it, and it's charging. However it says that it should flash while charging, it started flashing and now it has just stopped it isn't in for the two and a half hours, I hope it isn't faulty. They sent a juice too, the wingnuts ones, I put some in the e cig I have and it is so much smoother, although cookies and creme is a bit sweet. I will be online now looking for flavours, . I assume the wingnuts type is a good brand or do the wise ones with experience know of better brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I did the exact same thing with my first kit, turns out they came nearly fully charged. You can crack on and try that out now.

Tishball wrote: »
    Well I got mine today in the post, that was very fast. Of course it came to the office and my husband put it in a drawer and didn't give it to me until this evening, which means I am dying to try it, and it's charging. However it says that it should flash while charging, it started flashing and now it has just stopped it isn't in for the two and a half hours, I hope it isn't faulty. They sent a juice too, the wingnuts ones, I put some in the e cig I have and it is so much smoother, although cookies and creme is a bit sweet. I will be online now looking for flavours, . I assume the wingnuts type is a good brand or do the wise ones with experience know of better brands.

We were all just being polite not mentioning the juice you were using its muck just a step up from vaping bleach ;) The Wingnuts juice is great I would rate it up there with the "premium" juices from the U.S. for quality. You should take a road trip to Ennis they've a shop there and you can try all the juices they sell. Just be sure to bring all the cash you're saving by not smoking you'll need it.

That's great information, I will indeed do a trip to Ennis. I will be in the big smoke in the next few weeks too, is there a shop that l should call at. Well I am up and running, this gadget is brilliant, it is like getting out of an old micra and into a new merc, . My Jaws were sore sucking on that bloody thing I have. My friends are using the same ones as I was using, and I wll be busy converting them when we go out, lol. Thanks a million for putting me in the right direction, I was embarrassed asking, but glad I did now.

That's great information, I will indeed do a trip to Ennis. I will be in the big smoke in the next few weeks too, is there a shop that l should call at. Well I am up and running, this gadget is brilliant, it is like getting out of an old micra and into a new merc, . My Jaws were sore sucking on that bloody thing I have. My friends are using the same ones as I was using, and I wll be busy converting them when we go out, lol. Thanks a million for putting me in the right direction, I was embarrassed asking, but glad I did now.

Good to hear. Don't be embarrassed I was and it took me a couple of tries to get my set up right.
    There's loads of shops up in Dublin E-Smoke Ireland are in Palmerstown so if you are driving up you'll actually pass very close to their shop. There's Purplebox in Temple Bar, Vape Cafe on Capel Street, Ecirette on Gardiner Street and Talbot Street There's also loads of VIP kiosks, Vaping 365 and Healthier Smoker shops but stay clear of them they'll just rip you off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Ive haven't been as yet unfortunately but I know the lads who run the Vape Café on Capel St. Their website is smokedifferent.ie.

Its the perfect way of sampling a load of different juices without committing to buying. Judging by their website they seem to have got a few nice looking new juices since I was last in their old shop.

At the start I went a bit mad buying stuff and ended up with about 30 flavours I didn't actually want or ever really use.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭donkey oatey

If you need extra clearomisers keep an eye on the for sale thread here (set up email alerts for each time there's a new post) as you can pick up spare Nautiluses (Nautilii?) for very cheap. Or there's the eleaf gs air which is pyrex like the Nautilus but takes different coils for only €10-12.50. Purplebox in Temple Bar have them or Vaperus sell them too. I wouldn't rate the eliquid in Purplebox as being great (imho).

If you're ordering from e-smokeireland again, use the code "boards" at checkout for 10% discount.

I'm glad the new setup is working well for you!

ye are great lads, and lassies, thanks a million for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭matt99008

Hey there just saw your thread and would like to recommend some stuff :D
    I myself started vaping quite a bit ago, started with something like a ce4 but kept on wanting more... After that i pretty much got into RDA's and that is where i am at now, but from time to time you just need something to vape on that does not have to be re filled every 5 mins.
    So if you don't mind waiting up to a month for delivery i recommend using aliexpress.com and ordering your self something nice from there. For example ecig i recommend most to people these days would be to buy an Aspire Nautilus mini or just the Aspire Nautilus and with that a Vision Spinner 2 VV battery. You can get both of those things on aliexpress.com
    for around 30$ which is very nice as in Ireland i have noticed that this sort of set would cost you in the 60-80euro depending if you buy off a website or a vendor..
    Even if you want to purchase something now i would still recommend the Aspire Nautilus and the Vision Spinner battery..

Advertisement