Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bbk bittorrent box

• 25-02-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

A friend just asked me did I know where to buy one these things there bloody hard to find?

Anyone any ideas or even if there's similar products on the market?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Just an Android TV box that came pre-installed with apps..?!

The domain for the company is for sale: http://www.bittorrentcertifiedbox.com

The individual behind the gadget was situated in Spain, and seemingly, shipping to Europe only, early/mid 2013, there seems to have been a media black hole soon after.

Stated on more than one site: 'The provenance of the BBK BitTorrent Certified Box is highly questionable.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Amalgam wrote: »
    Just an Android TV box that came pre-installed with apps..?!

The domain for the company is for sale: http://www.bittorrentcertifiedbox.com

The individual behind the gadget was situated in Spain, and seemingly, shipping to Europe only, early/mid 2013, there seems to have been a media black hole soon after.

Stated on more than one site: 'The provenance of the BBK BitTorrent Certified Box is highly questionable.'

Yup every bit of info i found on it was seriously limited to a certain time frame and i noticed the site was gone to.

The android boxs seem kind of limited from what ive read thats why i was put off myself months ago i just decided to use my pc.

I just wanted to know about this cause a friend mentioned it to me cause hes looking at something for himself that would work well as a kinda home theater setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Even basic gadgets like a WDTV Live etc can be fed torrents and happily download, under your TV.

It is hard, at this point, finding a media player that can't torrent.

I have OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi 2, as well as a WDTV Live, along with the Chromecast. There's so much choice, it just depends on what your friend has in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Amalgam wrote: »
    Even basic gadgets like a WDTV Live etc can be fed torrents and happily download, under your TV.

It is hard, at this point, finding a media player that can't torrent.

I have OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi 2, as well as a WDTV Live, along with the Chromecast. There's so much choice, it just depends on what your friend has in mind.

He wants something with good performance that will be simple to run and setup. I was originally thinking of getting some kind of laptop which is why i mentioned why not make a htpc ? Im looking into this as ive done it in the past but its the whole wanting to run Mac OS thats confusing me slightly now.

Basically i think something with high performance and plenty of options is whats in mind. I stuck to my pc over any boxs for this.

Advertisement